Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Military Observing US cities with drones

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#106    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,737 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 17 December 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

Is the fear that someone corrupt in the government might get some kind of blackmail information?

I was just about to log off and see this...

You got me! I have a money laundering business and take in stolen goods for resale on the black market. For a little side money I am a madam and constantly have hookers bringing me my cut. Don't tell anyone, but they are my drug mules too, posing as tourists when they go to Mexico to bring back the goods. They dress like everyday housewives so as to not bring on any suspicion...usually with kids in tow. My husband is a hit man but only for extremely exclusive clients. I can't say anything further without putting up red flags. Phew, I'm so glad to finally get that off my chest.
This is getting ridiculous. :rolleyes:

#107    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,091 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 14 December 2012 - 05:31 AM, said:

But, do you agree with the reasoning behind the cameras at the ATM, the bus and the entrances to buildings? Aren't the drones just mobile platforms performing the same purpose?

Is it simply their mobile nature that is the issue? Or do you think that ATMs should be blind, buses should be blind and building entrances should be blind?

The difference is when I ride the bus or use the ATM I know there is a camera and have by utilising them given consent for public safety in the case of the bus, and for the integrity of my bank account in the case of an ATM.  When I walk into a privately owned building such as the office building downtown where I work it is for the security of the businses that rent office space and the safety of the employees.  In all of these cases I am aware of what's happening and have the option not to participate and the capability of opting out and am aware of why these pictures or recordings are made. They are not being made in an effort to determine wether or not I need to be watched closer.

The other problem I have is that I am dead set against the US military being used to, in any way shape or form, police the citizenry.  Don't they already waste enough of my money on the stupid wars they fight away from our territory?  Are these wars not enough for them ane they now feel they need to launch a preemptive war on the citizens?  Isn't this what they did in East Germany & Soviet Russia?  Are you really that worried about terrorists?  I'm not.

#108    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,737 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

If anyone is wondering why I have the confidence to say all of that so boldly on the internet, by the way, is because it's so ludicrous! With a cursory investigation they could plainly see we have nothing to hide and a more in depth one would have them bored to tears.

#109    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,888 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

View PostMichelle, on 17 December 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

I was just about to log off and see this...

You got me! I have a money laundering business and take in stolen goods for resale on the black market. For a little side money I am a madam and constantly have hookers bringing me my cut. Don't tell anyone, but they are my drug mules too, posing as tourists when they go to Mexico to bring back the goods. They dress like everyday housewives so as to not bring on any suspicion...usually with kids in tow. My husband is a hit man but only for extremely exclusive clients. I can't say anything further without putting up red flags. Phew, I'm so glad to finally get that off my chest.
This is getting ridiculous. :rolleyes:
Well then what is the primary worry? What are they going to see through electronic eyes, and process in computer processors, and store on underground servers, that is going to ruin your privacy? SImply the fact that they have video with you existing? I simply want to know what is so horrible about having a drone not purposefully watch you like 1/1000th of your life, while catching bad guys?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#110    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,888 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

View PostOverSword, on 17 December 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

The difference is when I ride the bus or use the ATM I know there is a camera and have by utilising them given consent for public safety in the case of the bus, and for the integrity of my bank account in the case of an ATM.  When I walk into a privately owned building such as the office building downtown where I work it is for the security of the businses that rent office space and the safety of the employees.  In all of these cases I am aware of what's happening and have the option not to participate and the capability of opting out and am aware of why these pictures or recordings are made. They are not being made in an effort to determine wether or not I need to be watched closer.
That then, I can understand. I can't see the problem with it, but I can recognize and honor the fact you are not giving consent.

The other problem I have is that I am dead set against the US military being used to, in any way shape or form, police the citizenry.  Don't they already waste enough of my money on the stupid wars they fight away from our territory?  Are these wars not enough for them ane they now feel they need to launch a preemptive war on the citizens?  Isn't this what they did in East Germany & Soviet Russia?  Are you really that worried about terrorists?  I'm not.
Well. I could agree that the military should not be used in the civilian world, but that has not been the case for like 99% of history. Historically the military was the police, or at least they performed police duties much of the time.

Personally, I'd like having soldiers out patrolling our streets. We're paying them anyway, so then we could cut back on the number of police we employ, and my local, and state taxes might go down as a result. I was in the US Army for 4 years back in the 1980s, and I spent literally weeks sitting around just collecting a paycheck.

I think the Threat of a War on Civilians by the military is right up there with the Faked Moon Landings as far as Conspiricy Theories go. We don't have a professional soldier caste in the US, everyone is a vollinteer and everyone expects to go back to civlian life sooner or later. They would not wage war on their own nation that they planned on going back to and going to college or settling down to a good middle class job. Also, a high percentage of soldiers get Stress Disorders from firing on and fighting against people they have Nothing in common with and who are simply moving targets at the other end of a bullet. But... the CT people would tell us that these same people would have no trouble cutting down people of their own culture, language and religions. Which is total bunk. If the Arab Spring showed us anything, it is that many soldiers will quite quickly stop shooting at their own people, and how much more so for American soldiers shooting at unarmed American civilians?

When a terrorist attempts to blow up a Christmas Tree lighting in the Town Center of your town, with thousands of people there, and the car bomb situated to kill hundreds... and your relatives and loved ones down there celebrating in peace just before someone tries to kill them all. Then maybe you'll think it is not so bad an idea.

Edited by DieChecker, 18 December 2012 - 02:09 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#111    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,737 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 18 December 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

Well then what is the primary worry? What are they going to see through electronic eyes, and process in computer processors, and store on underground servers, that is going to ruin your privacy? SImply the fact that they have video with you existing? I simply want to know what is so horrible about having a drone not purposefully watch you like 1/1000th of your life, while catching bad guys?

Personal preference. That is the end of any further conversation on this topic and if it isn't good enough for you so be it.

#112    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,191 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

The army are just people, we need secure, strong and reliable security. If you are that worried then don't come on a computer for a week or actually do something!! instead of ranting and worrying or talk to someone.

#113    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

We should ask Iran how there knocking them drones down.

#114    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,378 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostOverSword, on 17 December 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

Yes, and what you say is the spirit behind that old worthy statute, Posse Comitatus Act.  Sadly, PCA was sacrificed at the altar of the War On Drugs, same way Habeas Corpus was sacrificed at altar of War On Terror.

#115    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,888 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

The Constitution prevents the housing of soldiers in people's homes and from illegal military searches, but there in no mention that the military should not be used in civil matters.

#116    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,091 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 18 December 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

The Constitution prevents the housing of soldiers in people's homes and from illegal military searches, but there in no mention that the military should not be used in civil matters.
Name calling is not allowed so..............yeah.

#117    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

If someone can catch one Ive got some tradeables Im willing to part with for one

#118    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,091 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 18 December 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

If someone can catch one Ive got some tradeables Im willing to part with for one
What if it has slight SAM damage?

#119    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

Id expect it too have some damage. But those damn Iranians seem to get em intact. They say they do it through electronics.

#120    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,191 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

View PostOverSword, on 18 December 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

Name calling is not allowed so..............yeah.
unlike you, you support violence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users