Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Military Observing US cities with drones

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#76    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,376 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 14 December 2012 - 05:56 AM, said:

so military spending means nothing as the fiscal cliff looms and you want trillions of dollars of clones to watch american citicizans. Ummm
No. I'm saying it will never come that that, due to financial reasons. The financial budget will not allow spying on anyone without some sort of reason.

I'm not saying this Could Not be abused, because it surely could, just as police dash cams, phone taps and traces, and other forms of surveilance could be misused. But fear of someone misusing a ATM camera should not require the removal of all these cameras. Millions of times more crimes are prevented by such cameras as apposed with crimes commited by them.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#77    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,376 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 14 December 2012 - 05:58 AM, said:

Like the african bee just a few could do no harm

Grow a set before the world has to pay for the great US blunder.
What the heck. Are drones going to get loose and breed in the Wild? How is an invasive species comparable to a mechaical device?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#78    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,376 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 14 December 2012 - 06:02 AM, said:

man your constitution has been raped front and back.  Might as well say you don`t have one.

you can do better than that
If that is the worry, it was killed like 100 years ago. There are dozens of other issues that are ten... twenty times more damaging to constitutional rights.

It only takes computers to monitor emails, texts, and cell calls of everyone all the time. While the drones are person, location and time specific.

#79    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,131 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 14 December 2012 - 06:05 AM, said:

No. I'm saying it will never come that that, due to financial reasons. The financial budget will not allow spying on anyone without some sort of reason.

I'm not saying this Could Not be abused, because it surely could, just as police dash cams, phone taps and traces, and other forms of surveilance could be misused. But fear of someone misusing a ATM camera should not require the removal of all these cameras. Millions of times more crimes are prevented by such cameras as apposed with crimes commited by them.

so you mean cameas catching crimes not potential crimes from drones that have a what set pattern and what are they looking for, car acccidients.  Hey if you like like drones looking over your shoulder and your not a crook so be it. However this is what I would call a gateway drug.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#80    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,131 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 14 December 2012 - 06:09 AM, said:

If that is the worry, it was killed like 100 years ago. There are dozens of other issues that are ten... twenty times more damaging to constitutional rights.

It only takes computers to monitor emails, texts, and cell calls of everyone all the time. While the drones are person, location and time specific.

so you agree the US constitution is now tp.

#81    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,131 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 14 December 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

What the heck. Are drones going to get loose and breed in the Wild? How is an invasive species comparable to a mechaical device?

no they will be let loose by a government that scares the people into thinking they are needed. So yes they will breed as you put it.

#82    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,376 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 14 December 2012 - 06:17 AM, said:

so you mean cameas catching crimes not potential crimes from drones that have a what set pattern and what are they looking for, car acccidients.  Hey if you like like drones looking over your shoulder and your not a crook so be it. However this is what I would call a gateway drug.
That is possible.

But lots of "gateway" drugs are actually useful prescriptions.

#83    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,376 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:49 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 14 December 2012 - 06:18 AM, said:

so you agree the US constitution is now tp.
I agree that the government the US has today is not operating solely off the Constitution. They've taken a lot of powers for themselves and the population has let them. Mostly for the better in my opinion.

#84    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,131 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 14 December 2012 - 06:47 AM, said:

That is possible.

But lots of "gateway" drugs are actually useful prescriptions.

Name one.  Homeland security, the war against drugs, the cia the fbi atf not one hase done a thing but allow what they are ment to prevent.

Jumped the gun DieChecker sorry I do see us having some common ground.

Edited by The Silver Thong, 14 December 2012 - 06:53 AM.

#85    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,376 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 14 December 2012 - 06:20 AM, said:

no they will be let loose by a government that scares the people into thinking they are needed. So yes they will breed as you put it.
Well that is possible. I just don't think it likely unless you subscribe to the whole Military Industrial Complex and Secret Government conspiricies. For drones to equal INSTITUTIONAL abuse, there would have to be a bunch of secret oligarchs who run the country by select manipulation of the Fed, the Military, the Education system, the Stock Markets, the President, the Congress, the Media, the Supreme Court, the Internet, and almost all the leaders of all other nations.

Edited by DieChecker, 14 December 2012 - 06:59 AM.

#86    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,376 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 14 December 2012 - 06:51 AM, said:

Name one.  Homeland security, the war against drugs, the cia the fbi atf not one hase done a thing but allow what they are ment to prevent.

Jumped the gun DieChecker sorry I do see us having some common ground.
I think for every Media sideshow that shows the CIA, FBI, ATF in a bad light, there are hundreds or thousands of activities that they complete and show real positive results. These things don't make the national news, but they sometimes are in local news (if they were local), if you listen.

#87    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,131 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 14 December 2012 - 06:53 AM, said:

Well that is possible. I just don't think it likely unless you subscribe to the whole Military Industrial Complex and Secret Government conspiricies. For drones to equal abuse, there would have to be a bunch of secret oligarchs who run the country by select manipulation of the Fed, the Military, the Educaion system, the Stock Markets, the President, the Congress, the Media, the Supreme Court, the Internet, and almost all the leaders of all other nations.

the whole Military Industrial Complex

that is exactly what is bringing down the US my friend.

#88    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,376 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 14 December 2012 - 07:00 AM, said:

the whole Military Industrial Complex

that is exactly what is bringing down the US my friend.
There you go. I personnally don't believe in the Military Industrial Complex Boogieman. I do believe that the military and their contractors hold a lot of power and that they influence the President, but I don't beleive in some Illuminati council, with a hundred year plan, controlling all of it.

#89    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,455 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 14 December 2012 - 06:05 AM, said:

I can't believe you don't get this. I can tolerate camara's in public, but an ATM camara isn't going to follow you home. It isn't going to be looking into your back yard. Phone taps and traces shouldn't be tolerated unless they have a warrent. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

We've been cleared, by the military, for my Pakistani, Lebanese, Greek and Arab friends etc, but who is to say they wouldn't keep an eye on me, just in case?

Edited by Michelle, 14 December 2012 - 07:11 AM.

#90    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,376 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

View PostMichelle, on 14 December 2012 - 07:08 AM, said:

I can't believe you don't get this. I can tolerate camara's in public, but an ATM camara isn't going to follow you home. It isn't going to be looking into your back yard. Phone taps and traces shouldn't be tolerated unless they have a warrent. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

We've been cleared, by the military, for my Pakistani, Lebanese, Greek and Arab friends etc, but who is to say they wouldn't keep an eye on me, just in case?
Maybe they would and maybe that would be justified and maybe it is a waste of time. But, in reality how many people could they follow? How long would they follow you?

If they decided to follow you, it would not be at random.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users