Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

Nurse who put Aussie prank call thru,dead

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#181    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

Hanging is such a horrible way to commit suicide... My friends husband offed himself like that, or tried to anyway. his wife found him and  called 911.  He ended up in the hospital brain dead and on life support.  

His family was at his bedside the whole time he was on life support, he had garrote marks around his neck and they were so red like an accusation of blame.  I'll never forget it.

I would just take some pills, drink a lot of tequila, then start swimming in the ocean.  Hopefully some kind hearted Great White will help speed things up by munching on my head.  Leave no way to survive and be a brain dead burden on my family.

I'm really sorry Jacintha felt bad enough to hang herself.  I hope no one I know ever feels that way.  :(

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#182    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostPandora7321, on 07 December 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

The DJ's are not to blame. This woman obviously had issues before this.

In all likelihood she did have other issues going on that played a role in what she decided to do. The DJ's aren't to blame for that, but it does appear as though the prank they pulled on her may have been what triggered her act upon suicidal thoughts she had previously been struggling with.

If you're going to kill yourself over something like a harmless radio joke, you've already been teetering on the edge.

She may have been "teetering on the edge," but the joke was obviously not harmless. The fact that it apparently sent her "over the edge" is a clear indication of how harmful the joke actually was.

It's this belief that "harmless jokes" and other kinds of negative actions towards people are no big deal that causes a lot of people so much distraught about their life to begin with (especially young children and teenagers, but it applies to adults as well).

I've had the misfortune of knowing 6 people who've killed themselves. Trust me, if it wasn't this to set her off it would've been something else.

That is an awfully gaudy assumption for you to make about this person (or anyone else who has committed suicide - whether you knew them or not).

The DJ's are not responsible for the actions this woman chose to take. Ultimatley the only person responsible for killing themselves is the person who decided to do so. That said, people should be more aware of how the "harmless" actions they take against others could possibly affect the targeted individual.

#183    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• 2,080 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Kate royal hoax: Australian watchdog launches inquiry

The Australian media watchdog has launched a formal inquiry into the hoax call to the London hospital where the Duchess of Cambridge was being treated.
Nurse Jacintha Saldanha was found dead on Friday, three days after taking the call from an Australian radio station.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) will focus on the 2DayFM licence holder and not directly on the presenters who made the call.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20707316

#184    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 12 December 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

No, no pre-existing idiosyncratic response there.  It is a matter of the body not being able to flush the toxins out.  We learned this in biology in highschhol here in BC.  Also, a nurse called into the show to warn them that it was dangerous and someone could severly sick or die.  So, yeah, they were liable.
Well ,I meant it was idiosyncratic in that,everyone in the contest was doing what she did.
Taking into account,size,weight ,and metabolism ,anyone can die in such a situation ,but she was the only one that did.
She had to have been approximately the same size as someone else in the contest ,but only she had the issue.
It's an extremely dumb type of competition if you ask me .

Miss me?

#185    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,514 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

View PostRender, on 13 December 2012 - 10:22 AM, said:

Kate royal hoax: Australian watchdog launches inquiry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20707316
ACMA on hearing they'e investigating 2DayFM "Ohh good grief, not them again."

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#186    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,974 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:43 AM

do we have any more news on the woman's cause of death? i may have missed  a post since my last visit

#187    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,208 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:54 AM

she was killed.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#188    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostJGirl, on 14 December 2012 - 04:43 AM, said:

do we have any more news on the woman's cause of death? i may have missed  a post since my last visit
She hung herself with a scarf,and left three suicide notes,one of which noted her despair at how badly the hospital treated her because of the incident .

Miss me?

#189    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

DJs and radio station staff getting death threats .
A dozen radio station staff members have been moved to safe houses .
Oh god.

http://www.japantoda...r_2012-12-14_PM

Miss me?

#190    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,974 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 14 December 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

She hung herself with a scarf,and left three suicide notes,one of which noted her despair at how badly the hospital treated her because of the incident .
thanks for the info.
hanged herself with a scarf? wow. that's awful

#191    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

But of course the hospital said they did not reprimand her.  I wonder how the other nurse is doing.  Anyone news have news on her?

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#192    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

Pienso en ti siempre

• 1,857 posts

• 'The light of the world'

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

Hi Simbi,

The British press haven't released the contents of the suicide notes over here. I wondered if maybe the hospital had given her a hard time... is this in the American news Simbi?

Edited by Star of the Sea, 15 December 2012 - 12:26 PM.

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#193    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

View PostStar of the Sea, on 15 December 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

Hi Simbi,

The British press haven't released the contents of the suicide notes over here. I wondered if maybe the hospital had given her a hard time... is this in the American news Simbi?

http://www.cbsnews.c...e-notes-report/

And in this one,it adds that not only wasn't she found in an alleyway ,she hung herself IN the hospitals nurses quarters .
Smells like cover up to a degree .

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1220103

The hospital is back peddling .

http://www.guardian....cintha-saldanha

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 15 December 2012 - 01:51 PM.

Miss me?

#194    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

Pienso en ti siempre

• 1,857 posts

• 'The light of the world'

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 15 December 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

And in this one,it adds that not only wasn't she found in an alleyway ,she hung herself IN the hospitals nurses quarters .

Thanks Simbi for the links. I don't know if they will ever release the message in the suicide notes to the press over here in the UK. It makes me think things must of been totally unbearable for this nurse and that she may have been under immense pressure.She was Roman Catholic and it goes against the grain being Catholic to commit suicide. Very sad situation for all.

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#195    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,803 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 15 December 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

Just as I thought all along.  The hospital administration is a disgrace, first they try to publically claim they provided her with all their support, then they go on a public tirade against the DJs, including a letter from them holding the DJs station responsible for the nurse's suicide and finally it turns out the suicide note from the nurse directly blames the hospital's treatment of her for her act.

Not only has that now caused the nurse's suicide it has villified to DJs (albeit dumb but they sure as heck don't deserve the death threats or the public condemnation as the cause of the suicide) and they have the bleeding nerve to want an explanation as though they themselves (the hospital) are completely innocent of any wrong doing.

The worst part of it all is they were setting the whole thing about to absolve themselves of responsibility and legal liability - covering their butts for their own self serving purposes.

I am more than a little outraged right now.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users