Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

Nurse who put Aussie prank call thru,dead

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#196    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,340 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostStar of the Sea, on 15 December 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

The British press haven't released the contents of the suicide notes over here. I wondered if maybe the hospital had given her a hard time... is this in the American news Simbi?
They have now -

Mrs Saldhana expressed "deep anger" at the Australian pair, the Mail on Sunday said. She wrote in one of three suicide notes that she held the DJs responsible for her death.

A second note criticised two members of staff at the hospital, it has been reported.

http://www.telegraph...-her-death.html

Posted Image

#197    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

Pienso en ti siempre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

• 'The light of the world'

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 16 December 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

They have now -

Mrs Saldanha expressed "deep anger" at the Australian pair, the Mail on Sunday said. She wrote in one of three suicide notes that she held the DJs responsible for her death.

A second note criticised two members of staff at the hospital, it has been reported.

http://www.telegraph...-her-death.html

Thanks Stillwaters! So it appears she was criticised by two members of staff and I wonder how they feel now that she is gone. :no:  Also the radio station calling back and saying they had just recorded the prank and that it was going to be aired. Can you imagine how she must of felt... what a terrible chain of events :cry:

Edit to add: I wonder if she pleaded with the DJ's not to air it? I bet she did! No wonder she holds them responsible and what hogwash that these DJs couldn't foresee what this would do to her? (Psychologically)

Edited by Star of the Sea, 16 December 2012 - 02:42 PM.

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#198    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,340 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

View PostStar of the Sea, on 16 December 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

Thanks Stillwaters! So it appears she was criticised by two members of staff and I wonder how they feel now that she is gone. :no:  Also the radio station calling back and saying they had just recorded the prank and that it was going to be aired. Can you imagine how she must of felt... what a terrible chain of events :cry:

Edit to add: I wonder if she pleaded with the DJ's not to air it? I bet she did! No wonder she holds them responsible and what hogwash that these DJs couldn't foresee what this would do to her? (Psychologically)
I bet she did too and they just carried on regardless. They must have known it would upset her, but they didn't expect her to take it quite so badly.

Posted Image

#199    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

I find it very telling ,that there is even a media black out ,from the USA ,to the UK .
Theyd not have said a word,if it hadn't gotten out,is my guess.
It was not these nurses faults .
They put most of the blame on Saldanah ,because she put the call thru .
The second nurse wouldn't be held as accountable ,given she thought the call ,in good faith,was legit .
....god help us all .

Miss me?

#200    glorybebe

glorybebe

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,933 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

View PostStar of the Sea, on 16 December 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

I knew that there was more to this story.  I had commented on a previous posting that I wondered if she was blamed by the other staff.  Just because she put the call through didn't mean she was to blame, the one who gave out the info should have verified who was calling and not assumed that the person on the phone was the Queen or Prince Charles.  And to the station/DJs telling her that it was going to be aired and not getting permission?  That says a lot right there.  They were callous and didn't care who they hurt.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#201    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

Pienso en ti siempre

• 1,897 posts

• 'The light of the world'

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 16 December 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

I bet she did too and they just carried on regardless. They must have known it would upset her, but they didn't expect her to take it quite so badly.

Hi Stillwaters,

I don't think the DJs thought that she would commit suicide but they must of known how upsetting this would be for a professional nurse to be humiliated by falling for a prank of this magnitude and they must of known the seriousness of patient confidentiality especially as it was a Royal Duchess. I saw the interview these DJs made claiming it was out of their hands as they said management makes the decisions on what is aired. It is clear that  if they phoned the nurse back and told her what was about to happen and she asked for it not to be aired then the DJs could of backed off and  insisted that the airing was aborted or even dare I say that they could of even told the management that they had not got through to staff at the hospital. Perhaps nobody other than the DJs knew that they were going to prank the Duchess or even had succeeded in the first place.

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#202    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

I don't want to distract from this tragedy and go off on a tangent here, but there's one hell of a few critical points that need to be addressed..
  • How the hell did the Media get a hold of copies of these suicide notes?
  • Who or what gave them the right to publishing them?
  • Does anyone remember the Leveson Inquiry into Media Ethics, the phone hacking scandal, police & official bribery and the fact that absolutely nothing has come from it?
I think these three points are related..

Edited by Professor T, 17 December 2012 - 09:11 AM.

#203    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 17 December 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

I don't want to distract from this tragedy and go off on a tangent here, but there's one hell of a few critical points that need to be addressed..
  • How the hell did the Media get a hold of copies of these suicide notes?
  • Who or what gave them the right to publishing them?
  • Does anyone remember the Leveson Inquiry into Media Ethics, the phone hacking scandal, police & official bribery and tihe fact that absolutely nothing has come from it?
I think these three points are related..

I don't think the media has copies of the notes ,but family and friends of saldanahs leaked info to the media,out of disgust with the hospitals a tions .

Miss me?

#204    glorybebe

glorybebe

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,933 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 17 December 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

I don't think the media has copies of the notes ,but family and friends of saldanahs leaked info to the media,out of disgust with the hospitals a tions .

And i don't blame her family for doing that, either.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#205    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,340 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Latest -

Jacintha Saldanha, who took her own life days after the call from Australian DJs pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles, attempted to commit suicide last December with an overdose of pills during a family visit to India.

She survived after being rushed to hospital but tried to commit suicide again just nine days later by apparently jumping from a building.

http://www.dailymail...ill-before.html

Posted Image

#206    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 23 December 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

Latest -

Jacintha Saldanha, who took her own life days after the call from Australian DJs pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles, attempted to commit suicide last December with an overdose of pills during a family visit to India.

She survived after being rushed to hospital but tried to commit suicide again just nine days later by apparently jumping from a building.

http://www.dailymail...ill-before.html

So, she was already fragile... I wonder why she was so sad... I hope everyone can now move on.  The DJs will never be the same, the radio stations will have to think twice before playing games with peoples livres and the lawyers, well, lets hope they get disbarred for giving such bad advice.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#207    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,176 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

they won't be disbarred or even fired, unless the Industry Ombudsman tells the broadcaster to fire them. This prank, not counting wht happened aftereards, is tame compared to some of the stuff 2Day FM  has done ni the past.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users