Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Question for paranormal investigators

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1    outsider39

outsider39

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

If you are currently doing paranormal investigations,would you let scientists accompany you on your investigations? If you believe that ghosts exist,surely you would not mind someone in the scientific community going with you on your investigations.Funny I never see any scientists on " Ghost Hunters " or " Ghost Adventures ". Maybe there are no scientists out there who want to get involved in paranormal investigations.Does anyone know of any scientists out there who would like to do a study using the most up to date scientific methods to see if ghosts really can be proved to exist or not?Just curious.

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,995 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

I think the lack of investigation by scientists in this field is because how do you investigate the afterlife.  I have seen a ghost so I don't need any more proof than that.  How you would convince someone that has never seen one I don't know because so much can be faked.  Posted Image

#3    Inn Spectre

Inn Spectre

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

• "To the logician all things should be seen exactly as they are"

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

No scientist worthy of the description would go on a conventional ghost investigation, because the 'methods' used are totally un-scientific and likely to interfere with those that a scientist would want to use.

#4    lone wolf2

lone wolf2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

• Kik messenger id is lonewolf2. Hit me up some time.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

What methods would a scientists use that we wouldent want to use.?

#5    callis

callis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

View Postlone wolf2, on 09 December 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

What methods would a scientists use that we wouldent want to use.?
the scientific method!

#6    lone wolf2

lone wolf2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

TheyWould you like to explained to me how you would have a control in theses situations as well as being able to test and retest. A spirit?   There not predictable and they don't preform on que

#7    butterflysdust

butterflysdust

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

The problem with trying to bring a scientist in is that spirits can't be tested in a lab. So any experiments done are going to have flaws. Plus, ghosts are still human beings. Bringing a person into a laboratory will skew results, because people change their behavior when they're observed. So paranormal investigation, in my opinion, should be treated more like a social science.

#8    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

if you have had experiences with spirits... then you dont need any of this crap... the spirit world EXITS !!!  I cannot believe how many dumb arses there are in this world, "if it doesnt smack em in the face, and they cant see it... then it doesnt exist" Phew !!!

#9    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

Trying to recall the TV series, but Professor Chris French accompanied the usual investigator types at alleged UK paranormal locations.  He didn't see/hear/perceive/experience any of the things the investigators were claiming, ie movements, noises, touches, chills etc - and which were not backed up with detection instruments.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#10    lone wolf2

lone wolf2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

This isn't an exact science due to the nature of it.   All we can do is continue to try new ways of getting evidence. And learn better techniques for using the equipment.
One thing that bothers me is most serous hunters are not trying to fake anything.
there spending there time and hard earned money just to get this evidence.
we spend hours and hours going over evidence,  Researching places , the trying to learn the limitations of the equipment.  How many skeptics have thought about these tthings?

#11    callis

callis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

You're looking at it backwards. You can't go in presuming that ghosts exist. You ought to apply the null hypothesis. Listen to the claims, create a hypothesis involving natural explanations, then test those. afterward, share your results instead of declaring something paranormal/ unexplainable just because YOU couldn't figure it out.

#12    lone wolf2

lone wolf2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

And when there aren't any natural explanations?   Please explain a shadow in the middle of the room in mid air.  And pictures being tossed down the hallway.

#13    lone wolf2

lone wolf2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

You can't go into an investigation knowing they exist??  Then you leave the paranormal investigations to beginners?  After you have seen way too many things that can't be explained by anything else.  You know

#14    callis

callis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

View Postlone wolf2, on 13 December 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

And when there aren't any natural explanations?   Please explain a shadow in the middle of the room in mid air.  And pictures being tossed down the hallway.

Who are you to say there aren't any natural explanations? How could you possibly think that?

#15    callis

callis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

View Postlone wolf2, on 15 December 2012 - 01:08 AM, said:

You can't go into an investigation knowing they exist??  Then you leave the paranormal investigations to beginners?  After you have seen way too many things that can't be explained by anything else.  You know
I don't quite understand what you're asking here.
There you go again, claiming that things Can NOT be explained, yet you make the argument from ignorance, saying that their paranormal. First, I don't think you can make the claim that they cannot be explained. second, by saying that it's paranormal, you, in turn, are giving it an explanation!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users