Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Professional Fart-Smeller

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostRender, on 10 December 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

Are they aware that blood tests already exist that give the same results?
Actually they don't give the same results at all.
Chinese evaluation focuses on many things western medicine does not,and western medicine misses,and or doesn't consider important .
Just because they don't find it important ,doesn't mean its not crucial to how we diagnose .

In China ,in a majority of hospitals ,therapy is all inclusive . They have a battery of western tests ,if they need surgery ,they have it ,but they can opt for Chinese traditional therapies to be included .

I would say out in the provinces ,where there are no big hospitals ,they rely on the local acupuncturist herbalist .
So they wouldn't have tests done etc,and they wouldn't care that they hadn't.

In Europe and the USA etc,generally ,unless they hate western medicine ,patients come to us after they've already seen every doctor, had every test.

They come to us ,when all western modalities have failed them .
So they walk in with all their diagnoses .

Chinese medical evaluation actually shows things western medicine ignore .
We take both modalities into consideration ,and we successfully pick up on,and treat things ,conventional conveyor belt medicine misses.

Miss me?

#17    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,596 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 09 December 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

For some reason this article reminds me of an episode of M.A.S.H. on TV.

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0068098/

The episode were Alan Alda had been temporarily blinded and had his eyes covered while the others were performing operations. He alerted them to one particular patient because he said he could smell bowel or something. His sense of smell was more acute because he couldn't see. Anyone else remember that one?

I've heard of some medical conditions being alerted by sense of smell before, like diabetes is said to make your breath smell sweet. So I guess the idea behind this isn't all that odd, except for the people doing the smelling!

*behind*...no pun intended :lol:

Would you believe that episode was on television recently, SW? I'll catch M.A.S.H. sometimes if I don't feel like watching the news when I get home from work and that episode was on last week. Thursday I think. LOL

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users