Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

On the hunt for Genghis Khan

Big Bad Voodoo

WOW I hope they find him, that would be a great discovery

• Like 1

I watched a show on this on discovery gods.. months ago.. was very interesting

• Like 1

Leave my grand papa alone! :(

Im sorry but if I knew where he was burried I would personally start to dig.

Where are you from?

Im sorry but if I knew where he was burried I would personally start to dig.

Where are you from?

Well I'm not in mongolia if thats what you are asking. then I would dig your ancestors graves to see if you would like that :P

Well I'm not in mongolia if thats what you are asking. then I would dig your ancestors graves to see if you would like that :P

According to a research issued in 2003 based on an analysis of the Y chromosome 8% of the population in Asia comes from Temujin. 0.5% of the world population. So Im sure others 0,5% think differently then you. Atleast if I was one I would.

Well once Mongolia was from Hungary,Poland on one side to Japan.

He didnt for nothing choose title Oceanic ruler or Universal ruler. (Ghenkis Kahn)

2s785n8.jpg

Edited by the L

As Maury Kravitz once said: His tomb would eat Tuts tomb for brekfeast.

Second Yuan dynasty from China wanted to be burried on secret location near Temujin. So you can imagine treasures there. Khublai Khan in one tomb in another Temujin.

On another hand Morris Rossabi, Professor of Mongol and Chinese history at University of Columbia in NY said that in time of Temujin death there wasnt spread culture of tombs.

Also as many others great historical leaders he show no taste for luxury. In letter to Daoist monk "he" said: I who dwell in north wilderness hate luxury. I have only one coat and one food. I ate same food and wear same clothes as my villagers. Something like Atilla the Hun. I put "he" because we dont know what Chinggis (thats how Mongols wrote Genghis) actually told.

Before this article Iknew about four possible sites, Burkhan Khaldun,Ologchiin Kherem, Avaraga and Chinese site. Kherem was most promsing while Chinese site was possibly hoax motivated by political causes.

Very interesting.

Like many others, I hope they're onto something.

• Like 1