Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is it better to suppress emotion? Seriously.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Repressing emotion is not healthy, but that doesn't mean in order to not repress it, it must be expressed. People who have tantrums or who are emotionally abusive, are people who are controlled by their emotions and often do repress ironically, which then manifests as manipulative or passive aggressive behaviour. The emotive build up is always there but they subconsciously use others to trigger a release for the emotion and then justify it as being because of someone else making them angry or doing something wrong. That is what is abusive about it. Empaths will call this an emotional dump, and energetically, it is also recognised on various levels as a psychic attack. It's akin to someone walking up to you in the street and dumping their waste all over you.

The healthiest way to deal with emotion, and this is coming from an  empathetic/energy point of view, is to simply acknowledge the emotion and the feeling that is there, and then boom stop it, don't give it any more attention or energy.  Let it pass right through you and go to the thought level and cut off the seed/source. Don't be a sponge and soak everything up - what happens to sponges that soak up lots of water ? They become so heavy that what started out originally as something that could have just passed through gently, becomes 10 times heavier, 10 times magnified, and all consuming - yes it gets stuck and holds/congests the sponge up. That is what emotion does to your body and energy. And depending on 'whos' emotion it is (it may not even be your emotion) can influence everything, influence your thought process and perceptions.

This is known as processing emotion and thought. Everything begins on the thought level first, thoughts which are allowed to fester can become a feeling and a feeling can become an emotion.  The best way to process emotions is to practice self awareness. That means you are catching everything on the thought level and rejecting what isn't yours, while acknowledging without soaking up like sponge, before it festers and becomes something bigger.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy, 09 December 2012 - 06:32 PM.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#17    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

What do you mean by  Empaths will call it an emotional dump?  Curious about that.   I suffer from PTSD and while recovering from that.  I had another trauma.  So it started compounding upon each other.  That caused me to have to seek out major therapy.  I have been without therapy since a week prior to Thanksgiving and feel much calmer.

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#18    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

When the bad thoughts or feeling show up I know that's not me feeling this I'm just receiving it. I take a picture of the thought/feeling and I scrub it till its like glass all color and negativity scrubbed away. Then I smash it into sparkly crystals and I tell it " I have transformed you into positive energy and I want you to go and find others who are feeling the same way and you will be light and hope for them and always be there for them. You will be their light when darkness surrounds them and they will never feel alone.  It always makes me feel better when I do this. :)

#19    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 8,298 posts

• I'd rather laugh than argue.

Choose your weapon.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

View PostCassea, on 10 December 2012 - 04:17 AM, said:

...I suffer from PTSD and while recovering from that.  I had another trauma.  So it started compounding upon each other.  That caused me to have to seek out major therapy.  I have been without therapy since a week prior to Thanksgiving and feel much calmer.

And that's a good thing. You're on a road to recovery. Please though, don't close the door on therapy/counselling. If you're not happy with your therapist, get another or another until you find one that 'suits you' and you can confide in.

I think that it was Jinxdom that said something along the lines of happiness isn't always happy, and sadness isn't always sad (let alone all those other complex emotions). If you've suffered trauma it will take time to sort through those feelings.

Rage is one of those feelings that must be repressed and resolved at a later date, that later date might be seconds away. Like you said, "It seemed yesterday that I just calmed myself down and in minutes it was gone."

That's a sign that you're healing, just not 'healed yet'. Yes? :)

#20    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• 1,064 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

Maybe, I want to be healed.

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#21    with bells on

with bells on

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

View PostbLu3 de 3n3rgy, on 09 December 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

Repressing emotion is not healthy, but that doesn't mean in order to not repress it, it must be expressed. People who have tantrums or who are emotionally abusive, are people who are controlled by their emotions and often do repress ironically, which then manifests as manipulative or passive aggressive behaviour. The emotive build up is always there but they subconsciously use others to trigger a release for the emotion and then justify it as being because of someone else making them angry or doing something wrong. That is what is abusive about it. Empaths will call this an emotional dump, and energetically, it is also recognised on various levels as a psychic attack. It's akin to someone walking up to you in the street and dumping their waste all over you.

btw, brilliant post by blu3.. perfection!!

so the ex i live with (no choice at the mo), has always done massive emotional toxic dumps on me.. its putrid.. and its always worst when he has been around people where he has had to suppress his emotions, and they have built up to boiling point.. great example was this weekend just gone, he went away to the country for a friends 50th, so the whole weekend he has to be super nice (which he isnt all the time) and not show any of his negative emotions, just bottled it all up inside, and the minute he is back, it gets dumped straight onto me.. the minute he walked in the door it was "dump".. all day today "dump".. and its all emotions.. if i didn't clear him energetically it would be dark stuff too, as any healer knows what a binge in drink and drugs does to person.. eek!!..  

people talk about energy vampires, but the energy dumpers are just as sadistic, and they don't really know what they are doing, most of the time..

#22    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 8,298 posts

• I'd rather laugh than argue.

Choose your weapon.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

View PostCassea, on 10 December 2012 - 06:43 AM, said:

Maybe, I want to be healed.

Of course you do, and it sounds like you're on your way. All I'm saying is that maybe you shouldn't shut some of the doors behind you on your way to recovery.

It also sounds like you're getting a handle on your emotions. Getting rid of anger or rage isn't always pushing it down inside you so that it will boil up again later (repression). The healthiest thing to do sometimes is to just to breathe deep, and 'let it go'. :)

#23    spartan max2

spartan max2

Government Agent

• 3,688 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

i feel like diffrent things work for diffrent people.

I also think there is a big diffrence between repressing an emotion and just letting it go. It is always better to let go, repression is bad.

Edited by spartan max2, 10 December 2012 - 07:37 AM.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#24    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

Everybody wants to be fixed(healed) but it's a rarity to ask yourself the question,  "Am I really broken(hurt)?",  in the first place.

You have to ask yourself the question nobody not one person can answer that for you.

Sometimes people get to the idea that somethings cannot change(A past trauma) and that is all they need to acknowledge to move on from it. Forcing people to bring up emotions when you get to that point can lead down a messy path.
I'm like this if it's something I cannot change murder of a friend for instance, I don't linger on it because I can't change it, but the therapist kept pushing it which led to medication land(Hence the whole it's complex thing). When I acknowledged the fact that it wasn't my fault and I couldn't change it the horrible nightmares went away.(Which was too soon for the therapist to believe less then a month).  Then again I didn't ask the question am I really broken/do I really need this(to be fair I was young).

#25    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

Suppressing emotions causes all kinds of physiological issues, like cancer!

It must be acknowledged and expressed to heal.  You can't just ignore something that creates bad feelings in you.  You have to acknowledge it's existence, eg.  I feel depressed because I feel unloved.  I can ignore the feelings that Come up or acknowledge I feel sad then do something about it like reach out to someone I trust or do some self talk to bring myself out of it.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#26    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

View PostCassea, on 10 December 2012 - 04:17 AM, said:

What do you mean by  Empaths will call it an emotional dump?  Curious about that.   I suffer from PTSD and while recovering from that.  I had another trauma.  So it started compounding upon each other.  That caused me to have to seek out major therapy.  I have been without therapy since a week prior to Thanksgiving and feel much calmer.

Read with bells on post there, his experience highlights it pretty well. My experience with understanding it  and learning to handle it  was because of my Dad.  If you have had to live with someone who constantly functions this way then it's almost as if the empath becomes the surrogate emotional conduit  for all those who repress.  Psychologists and therapists could learn an awful lot if they were to listen to experienced empaths/ energy healers talk on this subject.  In a sense when the empath takes on an emotional dump, the person dumping / repressing actually gets temporarily healed/ feels better for a while. The emotional dumping is an energy transference of the emotion and in my experience what happens is that as the empath comes into contact with the repressed person, the off set in "frequency level" between the 2 will literally trigger a reaction like a storm. It's as if the empath begins to feel unstable around the repressed person and the repressed person begins to vomit energetically whatever is being repressed. It usually manifests as an argument over something petty but it depends on what the repressed person is repressing.  Sometimes the empath will begin to feel everything the repressed person is repressing and one lashing out or argument can leave the empath feeling off for a couple of days, unless they can get right onto it and clear themselves and the repressed person. If it is tears/ a need to cry then i will feel my my throat close up and my eyes ache like an energy is sitting in my eye sockets. It may be felt emotionally, or it may be felt as a block energetically like a sore heart or full on anxiety attack if the solar plexus is involved.

If the empath tries to block it or automatic shields pop up,  i have actually see it where the repressed person subconsciously begins some sort of manipulative/ passive aggressive behaviour or agenda, to seriously engage the empath so they can trigger the tipping point and get the energy transference ( emotional dumping). It happens even subconsciously, but it goes to show just how deep rooted the dynamic can be. The repressed person may not even be aware of what they are doing or why they feel drawn to fighting with a certain individual, but at the primitive/ego level it's all being driven by a strong drive to release/be healed. If the repressed person is resorting to abusive behaviour or passive aggressive behaviour then, on the surface they will never see that the fault lays with them. They will never put two and two together as to why they feel better afterwards either, they are so self absorbed that all they see is something external as the problem, not them. And they think they make themselves feel better because they put xyz in their place.

So on the surface there may be little to see or witness, but for the empath who can actually see and perceive the energy dynamics, it's a whole different reality and story. All these observations can help an empath learn to take control of the situation, by remaining centred and grounded. When centred and grounded it is possible to then manipulate the other persons energy so they too begin to ground and no longer repress. Instead of shielding yourself, shield them and attach them to something that is grounded naturally. Trees are great for this as they are natural transmuters and if you are repressed person reading this, go spend lots of time sitting or walking around trees/ The forests. You will feel better, it may be that you have a grounding issue and trees will help you to ground.

I did a experiment on my Dad, i placed a small piece of orgonite under the cushion of his chair. He doesn't know it's there, but it doesn't matter, he doesn't need to know it's there to work. He now sits on a pos vortex that is constantly transmuting. :santa:

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy, 11 December 2012 - 06:56 AM.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#27    with bells on

with bells on

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

such a good post again Blu3.. you should write a book on this topic..

#28    starchild1976

starchild1976

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

• Truth is stranger than fiction.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

Whatever you push down is bound to rise again. Passive aggression is born from ignoring your true feelings in order to make someone else satisfied with your submissive behavior. In the long run, passive aggression is worse than saying how you feel to begin with anyway. Suppressing and coping are not equal mechanisms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users