Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Taking Alex Jones to the Wood Shed

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#46    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Alex Jones encourages baseless paranoia to make money. Anything he says needs to be taken with a pound of salt.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#47    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,627 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

View PostCorp, on 10 December 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

Alex Jones encourages baseless paranoia to make money. Anything he says needs to be taken with a pound of salt.
I can see how easy it is to get sucked into that vortex of spin and fear and disinformation.   Everyone who doesn't trust their government is a potential victim.  

I'm considering making a video montage of Alex Jones as a comic relief.   It'll be a lot of work, and I'll have to listen to a lot of Alex Jones in the process, so I'm procrastinating.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#48    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,536 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

Alex Jones helped open my conscience to the idea of liberty.  His radio show is where I discovered Ron Paul.  Alex  was always trying to get RP to get behind the 911 Truth movement but he wouldn't and hasn't to this day.  Both men are men of faith.. they are religious individuals.  Alex Jones stance towards Israel has always been the same as RP's.  Both believe that Israel once existed, Jesus walked the earth performing miracles impossible today and that it has the right to defend itself from the use of outside force.  I believe this is the grey area people over look when bashing Alex. It's been no secret that he is a conspiracy theorist since day one and uses his show to earn a living.   It's also been no secret he is religious.  If the individual truly believes in religion than they believe Israel has to exist.

I do not believe in the Bible.  I don't allow it to cloud my belief in individual  liberty.  I believe in living by the sword and dying by the sword.... the percentages.... chance.  The status quo can believe in fair tales all day long... I don't care.  What I do care about is when those tales infringe on the liberty of other individuals.  Ron Paul and Alex Jones belong in the status quo who are religious.... this is a given... what separates them from the social status quo?  --Liberty.  

Alex and Ron both talk about the mistreatment of Palestinians by Israelis.  They do.  And I also have heard them many times talk about the solution.  The solution is to not get involved in foreign affairs WHEN it's not in the personal interest of EACH and every individual in America footing the bill for something they do not believe in.  They both understand that NOT everyone in America follows a faith which believes Israel existed before and has the right to defend itself now.  They both preach this literally all the time.  It's about individual liberty.... freedom to live your life as long as it doesn't infringe on the personal property of another individual.

They both say, and I agree.  Stay out of their business and encourage others to stay out of yours.

...... as for the young man in the OP video.... I know who he is... He's an american living in Japan...watched a few of his videos over the years.  He's not religious.  His focus is Israel.  He blames the State of Israel for 911 and he wants everybody to know this... even went as far as making a 4hr documentary about this.  He is exercising his freedom to express himself and is also using this freedom to engage in the market... just like Alex.  He works for  whatreallyhappened.com.. a full fledged conspiracy site and writes under the name Dawson.  The owner of this website used to be a regular on Alex's show.... his name is Mike Rivero.

Edited by acidhead, 12 December 2012 - 06:22 AM.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#49    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,627 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:29 AM

View Postacidhead, on 12 December 2012 - 06:18 AM, said:

Alex Jones helped open my conscience to the idea of liberty.  His radio show is where I discovered Ron Paul.  Alex  was always trying to get RP to get behind the 911 Truth movement but he wouldn't and hasn't to this day.  Both men are men of faith.. they are religious individuals.  Alex Jones stance towards Israel has always been the same as RP's.  Both believe that Israel once existed, Jesus walked the earth performing miracles impossible today and that it has the right to defend itself from the use of outside force.  I believe this is the grey area people over look when bashing Alex. It's been no secret that he is a conspiracy theorist since day one and uses his show to earn a living.   It's also been no secret he is religious.  If the individual truly believes in religion than they believe Israel has to exist.

I do not believe in the Bible.  I don't allow it to cloud my belief in individual  liberty.  I believe in living by the sword and dying by the sword.... the percentages.... chance.  The status quo can believe in fair tales all day long... I don't care.  What I do care about is when those tales infringe on the liberty of other individuals.  Ron Paul and Alex Jones belong in the status quo who are religious.... this is a given... what separates them from the social status quo?  --Liberty.  

Alex and Ron both talk about the mistreatment of Palestinians by Israelis.  They do.  And I also have heard them many times talk about the solution.  The solution is to not get involved in foreign affairs WHEN it's not in the personal interest of EACH and every individual in America footing the bill for something they do not believe in.  They both understand that NOT everyone in America follows a faith which believes Israel existed before and has the right to defend itself now.  They both preach this literally all the time.  It's about individual liberty.... freedom to live your life as long as it doesn't infringe on the personal property of another individual.

They both say, and I agree.  Stay out of their business and encourage others to stay out of yours.

...... as for the young man in the OP video.... I know who he is... He's an american living in Japan...watched a few of his videos over the years.  He's not religious.  His focus is Israel.  He blames the State of Israel for 911 and he wants everybody to know this... even went as far as making a 4hr documentary about this.  He is exercising his freedom to express himself and is also using this freedom to engage in the market... just like Alex.  He works for  whatreallyhappened.com.. a full fledged conspiracy site and writes under the name Dawson.  The owner of this website used to be a regular on Alex's show.... his name is Mike Rivero.
Blaming Israel for 9/11 is ridiculous, and trying to stick that Truther nonsense on Ron Paul negatively affected his performance in these Presidential elections.   He would always get asked the conspiratorial questions about this 9/11-as-an-inside-job crap and because there's so much content of him answering those lousy questions, people like Alex Jones and the rest of the media picked up on it and it's permanently stuck to him, though undeservingly so.   If Alex Jones advocates non-interventionist foreign policy then that's what it's all about and my agreement is the same as yours.  But calling Jones out for what he said in the OP video is a positive exercise don't you agree?   I haven't even gotten into it in detail yet, but hopefully we can agree on that much generally speaking.

Blaming Israel for 9/11 is like blaming your friend for telling you to jump off a bridge after you do it yourself.   Blaming ourselves is difficult, which is what Ron Paul got vilified for by the rest of the republican party in both of his campaigns.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#50    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,536 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

If we don't protect freedom of speech we're gonna lose it.

#51    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,627 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

View Postacidhead, on 12 December 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

If we don't protect freedom of speech we're gonna lose it.
How is that at issue here?

#52    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,536 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

View PostYamato, on 12 December 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

How is that at issue here?

Freedom of Speech/Expression

It appeals to both sides here... those who use it for freedom of expression reasons and those who use it for freedom to engage in the market.  This is the basic principles of freedom IMO.... including the freedom to vote.

Attacking another individuals liberty undermines freedom.

#53    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,627 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

View Postacidhead, on 12 December 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

Freedom of Speech/Expression

It appeals to both sides here... those who use it for freedom of expression reasons and those who use it for freedom to engage in the market.  This is the basic principles of freedom IMO.... including the freedom to vote.

Attacking another individuals liberty undermines freedom.
Are you serious?    I didn't even IMPLY attacking anyone's liberty.   Au contrare,  I used my own liberty e.g. my own freedom of expression.

Alex Jones is full of it, on Iran for starters.   I'm not suggesting he be silenced with federal power or some such crazy thing so why are you bringing up freedom of speech?

Let's use our First Amendment to also admit the truth, not defend a liar.

#54    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,627 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

Alex Jones seems to be a conspirator using fear and manipulation to indoctrinate his listeners into believing some truly epic delusions.  He can do all that, AND be a soapbox for liberty too.  The latter doesn't supplant or replace the former.  

So what if his rhetoric is good.  I hear a lot of people talking about liberty, and using fear in their politics, and lying about the facts.   Ahmadinejad's map wiping is just another one on Alex Jones list of fables.

#55    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

Alex Jones has ever right to put forward his beliefs and views. Just like others have the right to call him on his crap.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#56    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,627 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostCorp, on 12 December 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

Alex Jones has ever right to put forward his beliefs and views. Just like others have the right to call him on his crap.
All people have that right, endowed by their creator; and in America that right is protected by the 1st Amendment of the Constitution.

It's funny that anyone could confuse calling out Alex Jones (or anyone else) with somehow attacking his liberty or violating his freedom of speech.  Two COMPLETELY different exercises.

#57    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,536 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

sorry Yam... got a little carried away with the freedom of speech BS....  allow me to say that Ryan Dawson is using Alex's curtails as a plate form.... I've watched him for a few years now... he comes across as arrogant and unapologetic.  There is something not quite right with him.  For example, he doesn't provide links to where he got the quotes from Alex.  This is important because Alex Jones has spoken many times on the Israeli/Palestinian topic and also the Iran issue and these quick snippets do not represent the view I've heard him say many times.  And these views mirror Ron Paul's views.  I think Mr. Dawson is an opportunist... I'll tune into to Alex any day over this american kid broadcasting from Japan.

#58    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,627 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

View Postacidhead, on 13 December 2012 - 07:16 AM, said:

sorry Yam... got a little carried away with the freedom of speech BS....  allow me to say that Ryan Dawson is using Alex's curtails as a plate form.... I've watched him for a few years now... he comes across as arrogant and unapologetic.  There is something not quite right with him.  For example, he doesn't provide links to where he got the quotes from Alex.  This is important because Alex Jones has spoken many times on the Israeli/Palestinian topic and also the Iran issue and these quick snippets do not represent the view I've heard him say many times.  And these views mirror Ron Paul's views.  I think Mr. Dawson is an opportunist... I'll tune into to Alex any day over this american kid broadcasting from Japan.
We're all opportunists my good man.   It's just a question of how honest and accurate we are in playing our opportunities.  If Ry Dawson never made another video I could agree with, that's okay because I still agree with this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users