Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The End

cynical venom! literature sad lonely

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Venom!

Venom!

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

• “And you are but a
    Thought- a vagrant thought, a useless
    Thought, a homeless thought, wandering
    Forlorn among the empty eternities!”

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

Pills: tiny little chalky things. They’re consumed, broken down, bonded with and pissed out. It’s a funny, strange old word where people like me find the need to swallow down different calibres each and every day. Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Codeine, Aspirin, Co-Codamol. Pick your counter-poison. It’s all the same. They’re made to kill pain.

Waking up in a zombie state everyday isn’t exactly what I had planned years down the line, of course years down the line I had everything figured out. I knew what I wanted, and for a brief moment I had it. I had happiness. The warm fuzzy feeling inside where nothing feels wrong and you can stare at the world for something it isn’t. You don’t see the big black hole of darkness that is constantly behind you, sucking in all the weakness and corruption that can mix. If you’re smart, and you’re strong, or even if you’re ahead of the proverbial social curve, you get away from that black hole. If you’re strong, but unlucky, then you’re consumed. You become a part of the blackness and have to try and crawl your way out of it. There’s no light at the end of this tunnel because when you finally get out, you realize that you’ve not made any significant changes in your life. You’ve just restarted at a previous position.

You’ve climbed out of the sewer and you’re up to the gutter. You’ve still got a long way to go to reach the top, and with that crushing pressure in your head – You realise, that maybe you can’t win. You can’t accept defeat and you can’t let go of the past. And so you take pills. You take 2000mg of Paracetamol because it’s better than having to deal with this big ****ing chunk of existence that screams out for a quick shot to the cranium. That’s what I think anyway.

I live in the past. For too long I’ve looked backwards and it’s only turned me into a pathetic, agitated wreck. I don’t mingle, I don’t mix. The only friends I have come in dosages. Some keep me awake at night, and I consort with other friends to help me sleep. I see Aspirin in the morning, Codeine in the afternoon; paracetamol in the evening and eventually, Zopiclone in the evening. And why is that? Because a man of my stature can’t deal with death. A man of my stature can’t deal with the fact he is a murderer and that at one point, he mattered. Sure, he was in harm’s way and bullets were no unusual recurrence but at least he was giving back to this world.

Now look him/me. Sitting in a pissy little bar on some sort of technological little thing writing about how miserable his life as gotten. Mixing pills and Bells together. Is this what my life has come to? It seems so.

#2    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,363 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

Welcome to the Writer's and Artist's Hangout :tu:

That's a good piece of writing. It's very heavy though, I hope it's not about yourself.

Posted Image

#3    Venom!

Venom!

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

• “And you are but a
    Thought- a vagrant thought, a useless
    Thought, a homeless thought, wandering
    Forlorn among the empty eternities!”

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

View PostVenom!, on 09 December 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

Pills: tiny little chalky things. They’re consumed, broken down, bonded with and pissed out. It’s a funny, strange old word where people like me find the need to swallow down different calibres each and every day. Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Codeine, Aspirin, Co-Codamol. Pick your counter-poison. It’s all the same. They’re made to kill pain.

Waking up in a zombie state everyday isn’t exactly what I had planned years down the line, of course years down the line I had everything figured out. I knew what I wanted, and for a brief moment I had it. I had happiness. The warm fuzzy feeling inside where nothing feels wrong and you can stare at the world for something it isn’t. You don’t see the big black hole of darkness that is constantly behind you, sucking in all the weakness and corruption that can mix. If you’re smart, and you’re strong, or even if you’re ahead of the proverbial social curve, you get away from that black hole. If you’re strong, but unlucky, then you’re consumed. You become a part of the blackness and have to try and crawl your way out of it. There’s no light at the end of this tunnel because when you finally get out, you realize that you’ve not made any significant changes in your life. You’ve just restarted at a previous position.

You’ve climbed out of the sewer and you’re up to the gutter. You’ve still got a long way to go to reach the top, and with that crushing pressure in your head – You realise, that maybe you can’t win. You can’t accept defeat and you can’t let go of the past. And so you take pills. You take 2000mg of Paracetamol because it’s better than having to deal with this big ****ing chunk of existence that screams out for a quick shot to the cranium. That’s what I think anyway.

I live in the past. For too long I’ve looked backwards and it’s only turned me into a pathetic, agitated wreck. I don’t mingle, I don’t mix. The only friends I have come in dosages. Some keep me awake at night, and I consort with other friends to help me sleep. I see Aspirin in the morning, Codeine in the afternoon; paracetamol in the evening and eventually, Zopiclone in the evening. And why is that? Because a man of my stature can’t deal with death. A man of my stature can’t deal with the fact he is a murderer and that at one point, he mattered. Sure, he was in harm’s way and bullets were no unusual recurrence but at least he was giving back to this world.

Now look him/me. Sitting in a pissy little bar on some sort of technological little thing writing about how miserable his life as gotten. Mixing pills and Bells together. Is this what my life has come to? It seems so.

I like heavy in many ways. Not THIS heavy but heavy as a whole shows genuine pain. This is about me in many ways but not so much about the addiction. Thankyou for taking the time to read this, I'll be sure to read through some of your work besides some that I've already read.

#4    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,314 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

At least you (or the metaphor) sees that there IS a whole to crawl out of. That can be fun and adventurous even if it is painful.. Pain seems to be there anyway, perhaps one day the metaphor will take the leap or perhaps he is already inching through it bit by bit...

* hole

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users