Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

12/12/2012

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    the-Unexpected-Soul

the-Unexpected-Soul

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

anyone noticed that 3 days from now it will be a special date, also by the way the world didn't end

Posted Image

#2    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

inadequate

• 10,560 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

It occurred to me too that if the world was going to end any time now(and I don't think it is :) ), then 12.12.12 would be a groovier time for it to happen than 21.12.12 :D .

'What she prayed for was nothing. She prayed that God would look on them and see the beauty of their existence .................... and leave them alone.'  from 'Bel Canto' by Ann Patchett

#3    the-Unexpected-Soul

the-Unexpected-Soul

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 09 December 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

It occurred to me too that if the world was going to end any time now(and I don't think it is :) ), then 12.12.12 would be a groovier time for it to happen than 21.12.12 :D .

i'm thinking it might be the day Assad Fall, it will be easy to remember in history lessons

Edited by the-Unexpected-Soul, 09 December 2012 - 08:35 PM.

Posted Image

#4    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

A bit dull

• 26,451 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

Much more satisfying from a binary point of view were 10/10/10 and 11/11/11, on neither of which anything particularly dramatic occurred, as I recall.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#5    the-Unexpected-Soul

the-Unexpected-Soul

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

View Post747400, on 09 December 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

Much more satisfying from a binary point of view were 10/10/10 and 11/11/11, on neither of which anything particularly dramatic occurred, as I recall.

i think you are supposed to use that date, like marring, i mean marrying, so when you miss to bring a gift to your wife she know you didn't do it intentionally, you must be so busy to miss it

Posted Image

#6    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,420 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

I wonder if 12:12:12 AM, or 12:12:12 PM is more important??

Maybe we should look up what is happening at lat 12:12:12, long 12:12:12 during that time???

Huh... Looks like 12:12 West, 12:12 North is the north west corner of the small state of Guinea.
Looks like 12:12 East, 12:12 North is the south east corner of Nigeria.
12:12 West, 12:12 South is out in the Atlantic near (400 miles away, NW) the island of Saint Helena.
12:12 East, 12:12 South is also in the Atlantic just off the coast of Angola.

Looks like a dead end there. :td: :whistle:

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#7    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,076 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

Whitehall 12 12 12 used to be the telephone number of Old Scotland Yard UK Metropolitan Police Headquarters in the days of steam-operated phones! (Before dialling codes)

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#8    HoboMoo

HoboMoo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

Did you post it at 12:12 on purpose or coincidence?

#9    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

speaking of the times 12:12am or 12:12 pm and special occurances... there had better be a master clock somewhere that these special occurances are goverened by. I dont know about you but all the clocks in my house all have different times on them....lol

Posted Image

Your memory IS foggy. It's the pancakes

#10    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,731 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

I thought it was 12-21-12 the world was suppose to end.  Has there been a change in predictions that I didn't know about?Posted Image

#11    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 13,003 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

View Postthe-Unexpected-Soul, on 09 December 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

anyone noticed that 3 days from now it will be a special date, also by the way the world didn't end

Yup, that is the date the plant where I work will be shut down for at least 12 months.......105 people out of jobs.

It is a special date....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#12    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,420 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

View PostSakari, on 10 December 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

Yup, that is the date the plant where I work will be shut down for at least 12 months.......105 people out of jobs.

It is a special date....
DAMN!!!

That sucks!!
:td: :td:

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#13    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 13,003 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 10 December 2012 - 12:57 AM, said:

DAMN!!!

That sucks!!
:td: :td:

Life goes on....I just do not want to move from Oregon......Spent 15 years trying to move here, finally did, love it, and bam!

I might have another bridge job that lasts a year, and it is a prevailing wage job...That will hold me until the plant opens up.....Cross your fingers for me....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#14    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,420 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

View PostSakari, on 10 December 2012 - 01:11 AM, said:

Life goes on....I just do not want to move from Oregon......Spent 15 years trying to move here, finally did, love it, and bam!

I might have another bridge job that lasts a year, and it is a prevailing wage job...That will hold me until the plant opens up.....Cross your fingers for me....
There is always work as Bigfoot for kids birthday parties!! :santa: :innocent:

#15    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 13,003 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 10 December 2012 - 01:14 AM, said:

There is always work as Bigfoot for kids birthday parties!! :santa: :innocent:

:nw:    :tsu:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users