Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Are we closing in on Bigfoot?

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#211    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 15 January 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

And if that pepper spray is old then it's not going to be very effective either.

That's why the cans have expiration dates on them. At least the one I was carrying this summer did. I noticed it on the can right after we saw the bear. Definitely worth checking before we go camping again!

#212    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

View Postscowl, on 15 January 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

That's why the cans have expiration dates on them. At least the one I was carrying this summer did. I noticed it on the can right after we saw the bear. Definitely worth checking before we go camping again!

That works great if people check them. You know the old adage, "theory in one hand, spit in the other and see which one gets full first." It's been my experience people don't check their pepper spray. Shoot I have security officer I have to make them check theirs on a regular basis or they don't get checked at all, and we use ours on a more regular basis. Of course, all we're doing to taking down a violent drunk usually. Not exactly the same thing.

:unsure2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users