Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Are we closing in on Bigfoot?

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#31    Dontlisten2me

Dontlisten2me

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

Other cryptic animals would have to be true since there's the same evidence accept plaster cast foot prints and maybe DNA. I think but I'm unsure if there's evidence other then word of mouth for another cryptic. What about ghosts?

#32    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

.....and it never occurred to you that they were found in the Burundia Region of the Congo......a fer piece from Liberia?

*I have no idea how to spell Burrundia and I'm too lazy to look it up*

Edited by keninsc, 11 December 2012 - 12:50 AM.

#33    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

View Postkampz, on 11 December 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

Other cryptic animals would have to be true since there's the same evidence accept plaster cast foot prints and maybe DNA. I think but I'm unsure if there's evidence other then word of mouth for another cryptic. What about ghosts?

Personally, I don't really care about ghosts, however we have an entire section devoted to them. Feel free.

#34    Jeff Albertson

Jeff Albertson

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

• We know almost how many stars exist in our milkway but we have no idea of the number of animals living on our planet.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

View Postkampz, on 11 December 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

I fail to see how this is true. First I can't think of another cryptid who DNA has been recovered.There is a lot of anedotale, evidence for other cryptids but this is far from being Imperical evidence to prove they are real.Even if the DNA is proving to be from bigfoot that does not make the cast real.

We know almost exactly how many stars exist in our milkway but we have no idea of how many species living on our plant.

#35    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

Once you establish it's a real creature then it isn't a cryptid any more, it's a real creature that requires real scientist with real degrees to study them.

#36    Nightpath

Nightpath

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

If there's 1 cryptid I believe exists it's Bigfoot. So many cultures have stories about them that are identical (almost).

As we've evolved we have lost most of our animal abilities (hearing, scent, etc) because we haven't needed them. Now imagine a near human-like intelligence on a creature who still has these attributes.

Some people can detect minor electrical fields...similar to walking into a house and sensing a TV is one even if it's on mute. Why couldn't a more primitive creature detect a trap camera, especially since it would have a scent (plastic and human) on it?

I could go on and on, but I won't.

#37    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

No. If anything we closing in on showing bigfoot is just a myth.

How long can believers go on believing with absolutely nothing believable to base their belief on?  

Eventually people are going realize all this was much ado about nothing...aren't they?

#38    Dontlisten2me

Dontlisten2me

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 11 December 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

Personally, I don't really care about ghosts, however we have an entire section devoted to them. Feel free.

I don't either. But George Washington of all people communicated with one during the Revolutionary War. There's a problem with Ghosts and it's the same as Bigfoot and cryptic animals. Ghost fall into religion too just like Bigfoot and cryptic animals.

Edited by kampz, 11 December 2012 - 01:44 AM.

#39    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

Yeah, there are times I feel so convoluted on the subject I feel like a spiral staircase.

I've wondered myself why we haven't seen more or rather better images, but that's part of the lore I suppose. I recall hearing an Indian, excuse me Native American, talk about the lore of his tribe and he said they believed they could hide themselves so well, like become unseen by humans, no to be confused with invisible. He said they could be standing right in front of you and you'd not see them. Just find footprint later after they left.  Which I find a little creepy, but it's NA lore, so there it is.

#40    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

View Postkampz, on 11 December 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

I don't either. But George Washington of all people communicated with one during the Revolutionary War. There's a problem with Ghosts and it's the same as Bigfoot and cryptic animals. Ghost fall into religion too just like Bigfoot and cryptic animals.

So did Jesus, Mohammad, Moses and the Buddha. Was it a ghost or a vision? Or something else completely? Although I'm not aware of anyone worshiping Bigfoot.....or Washington come to think of it.

#41    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

View Postkampz, on 11 December 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

Very interesting statement kampz. Can you elaborate on the religious/cryptid link?

#42    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

View Postevancj, on 11 December 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

No. If anything we closing in on showing bigfoot is just a myth.

How long can believers go on believing with absolutely nothing believable to base their belief on?  

Eventually people are going realize all this was much ado about nothing...aren't they?

I see no harm in looking so long as it doesn't become an obsession. I happen to like being out in the woods myself, hiking and camping and all that so while I'm out I might as well do a bit of looking for old Sasquatch, after all the time is mine to waste.

#43    Jeff Albertson

Jeff Albertson

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

• We know almost how many stars exist in our milkway but we have no idea of the number of animals living on our planet.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

Still waiting for evidence to prove that Bigfoot doesn't exist but also still waiting for evidence to proof he exist to though. This is what science (to seek the truth) is all about. Aristolotle said it best "All men by nature have a disere to know."

We know almost exactly how many stars exist in our milkway but we have no idea of how many species living on our plant.

#44    Dontlisten2me

Dontlisten2me

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

View Postevancj, on 11 December 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

Very interesting statement kampz. Can you elaborate on the religious/cryptid link?

Ancient Sumer and Native American Lore.

Ghosts and Spirits like the spirit of God is all over religion.

Bigfoot and spirits actually seem to be apart of there everyday lives especially Native Americans.

Edited by kampz, 11 December 2012 - 02:03 AM.

#45    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 11 December 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

.....and it never occurred to you that they were found in the Burundia Region of the Congo......a fer piece from Liberia?

*I have no idea how to spell Burrundia and I'm too lazy to look it up*

The western gorilla specimens were from Liberia, the mountain gorilla specimens were in Rwanda, or nearby, which is bordered by Burundi.

Regardless, both were known to the locals for sometime prior to westerners documenting them.

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users