Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Women fill fewer than 10% of the top CEO jobs

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

Let me cut through the fog and give you an analogy of what's going on here:

Let's say I'm looking to recruit 8 people to be soldiers. I believe that, aside from meeting the minimum qualifications, other traits I'm looking for is aggression and size. 16 people apply, 8 men and 8 women, and all of them meet the qualification standard. I hire 7 men and 1 woman. You would have me believe that I'm being sexist because out of a balanced pool of men and women, I chose more men than women? That's essentially what you're doing. Reality is, men in this society are, on average, bigger and more aggressive than females. If the females were bigger and more aggressive than the males, then I would have chosen the other way, 7 women and 1 man. Thats why your whole argument is wrong.

But that's not all, is it? You're not just claiming sexism because of the proportion of men vs women I hired. No no. You're claiming that I'm sexist because I believe that those traits (which more men in this society possess) are applicable to the job! So not only are you accusing me f being sexist, but you're also arrogant enough to tell me how to do my job, and what works and what doesn't.

That's exactly what you are doing.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#32    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

Women Make Better Business Decisions

http://www.livescien...-decisions.html
Thread: http://www.unexplain...0

#33    preacherman76

preacherman76

Ntwadumela- He who greets with fire

• 12,644 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

How can women be CEO's from a kitchen?

JK :devil:

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#34    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,508 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:48 AM

It`s a boys club and the most influiencial female in history is a talk show host.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#35    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:09 AM

I think on the whole women make the best rulers.  Elizabeth the First and Katherine the Great stand out as examples of this.  However they don't often get the chance, I think because men are more aggressive (with maybe Cleopatra an exception).  The reason has to to with male egos causing wars and so on.  Females get into wars too, but not anywhere near as much and pretty much in a more controlled and less egoistic way.

The same applies to having a female superior at work.  You don't have to be concerned nearly as much about the KA that you have to engage in with male superiors.  In fact, with women, such behavior is counterproductive.  However, if women are ever to become the norm for leaders, it will require a sort of affirmative action to overcome male egos and agressiveness, and I don't see how that could ever happen.

#36    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,508 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

I think one has to look at in the last 40-50 years women have made leaps and bounds. Not to long ago a women in the so called work place was a sighn of a mans so called weakness. Its a failing economy since the mid sixty`s and on going that have forced women in the west to work to make a household buy enough milk and ps3 games for the kids lol

Oh Frank, No women on the planet has had more effect on women then Oprah ;) Cleopatra included.

Edited by The Silver Thong, 29 March 2013 - 05:20 AM.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users