Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dr. Melba Ketchum on the radio this morning.

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#91    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,533 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

View PostEllJay, on 13 December 2012 - 08:54 AM, said:

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. :tu:
But if it opens too early it's as useless as if it opens too late or not at all.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#92    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,597 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 13 December 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

Ok, then good day.

I didn't pose the question until #77, obviously you can answer things before asked. Wow, issues. You have them.

Nope. Sakari asked and I answered. That you have him on Ignore isn't my fault.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#93    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

*shakes head, wonders what happened. Check GAS meter, reads zero*

*adds to ignore list*

:blush:

#94    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 13 December 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

Nope. Sakari asked and I answered. That you have him on Ignore isn't my fault.

cormac

View Postkeninsc, on 13 December 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

*shakes head, wonders what happened. Check GAS meter, reads zero*

*adds to ignore list*

:blush:

Welcome to the club cormac mac airt

Don't feel bad, that ignore list is mighty big. I am surprised he see's half of the replies on this forum because of it.

He seems to think putting people on his ignore list is a honor or something...... Weird thing is, me and him agree on 99% of what we post.I guess I made the mistake ( to him anyway ) of debating a claim with him...Kind of what this forum is all about " discussion ".

Edited by Sakari, 13 December 2012 - 10:41 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#95    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,597 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostSakari, on 13 December 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

Welcome to the club cormac mac airt

Don't feel bad, that ignore list is mighty big. I am surprised he see's half of the replies on this forum because of it.

He seems to think putting people on his ignore list is a honor or something...... Weird thing is, me and him agree on 99% of what we post.I guess I made the mistake ( to him anyway ) of debating a claim with him...Kind of what this forum is all about " discussion ".

I find it simultaneously hilarious as well as sad that he co-opts your question, which has already been answered, and since the answer wasn't addressed specifically to him he "takes his bat and ball and goes home" as the saying goes. Oh well.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#96    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 13 December 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

I don't have to be a geneticist to know the following:

1)  Non-human:  Not a member of the genus Homo, which starts c.2.5 mya.

2)  Non-archaic hominin:  Recent (meaning less than approximately 100,000 years BP) member of the genus Homo.

3)  Non-ape:  Which eliminates any form of tailless primate from at least 9 mya.

If one centers on the use of the word "sequences" then we have the following:

4)  Non-human:  which would make it not a member of Homo sapiens sapiens

5)  Non-archaic hominin:  which invalidates 4) as it includes all lines of the genus Homo, regarless of subspecies.

6)  Non-ape:  which invalidates 4) and 5) since humans are apes.

So what's left?  Absolutely nothing.

cormac

I thought that statement was very odd as well. I'm thinking she is suggesting alien DNA. She was involved in the supposed star child DNA testing, if I remember right her results where inconclusive, or unknown.

edit to add;

Here is what I found out about her star child DNA test. I highly recommend this very telling and amusing read.

http://www.thecrypto...ng-results.html

Here are the star child DNA results from a real DNA lab.

http://en.wikipedia....Starchild_skull

DNA testing in 1999 at BOLD (Bureau of Legal Dentistry), a forensic DNA lab in Vancouver, British Columbia found standard X and Y chromosomes in two samples taken from the skull, "conclusive evidence that the child was not only human (and male), but both of his parents must have been human as well, for each must have contributed one of the human sex chromosomes."[4]
Further DNA testing in 2003 at Trace Genetics, which specializes in extracting DNA from ancient samples, isolated mitochondrial DNA from both recovered skulls. The child belongs to haplogroup C. Since mitochondrial DNA is inherited exclusively from the mother, it makes it possible to trace the offspring's maternal lineage. The DNA test therefore confirmed that the child's mother was a Haplogroup C human female. However, the adult female found with the child belonged to haplogroup A. Both haplotypes are characteristic Native American haplogroups, but the different haplogroup for each skull indicates that the adult female was not the child's mother.[3]

She's nothing but a crack pot quack looking to make a buck off of the ignorant.

Edited by evancj, 14 December 2012 - 01:20 AM.

#97    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

View Postevancj, on 14 December 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

Amen !

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#98    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,597 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

View Postevancj, on 14 December 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

I thought that statement was very odd as well. I'm thinking she is suggesting alien DNA. She was involved in the supposed star child DNA testing, if I remember right her results where inconclusive, or unknown.

edit to add;

Here is what I found out about her star child DNA test. I highly recommend this very telling and amusing read.

http://www.thecrypto...ng-results.html

Here are the star child DNA results from a real DNA lab.

Didn't realize she had anything to do with the Starchild Project. For some reason that doesn't surprise me.

cormac

#99    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 14 December 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

Didn't realize she had anything to do with the Starchild Project. For some reason that doesn't surprise me.

cormac

Yep, I have the feeling you could send her a piece of plastic and she would find whatever DNA you want her to find in it...as long as you pay for it that is.

#100    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,209 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

You heard it here first, next she'll claim angel dna.

Posted Image

#101    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

You mean, angels don't have DNA?

:cry:

#102    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,533 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

Nah, they're too busy dancing on pin-heads to have something so mundane as DNA.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#103    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

Ah? Well, there is that.....

#104    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,209 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 15 December 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

You mean, angels don't have DNA?

:cry:
I guess I don't know for an absolute fact either way, but I'l ask next time I see one...  :lol:

Posted Image

#105    Jeff Albertson

Jeff Albertson

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

• We know almost how many stars exist in our milkway but we have no idea of the number of animals living on our planet.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

I can't beleive that this topic carred on so long in regards to the study No evidence, No discovery. All it is is just rumors both ways if she has proof she needs to submit it for peer review and be quite about it and not go onto radio shows. If no peer review can be producted she needs to be run out of the bigfoot community for claims she can't produce only after conspiracy theory come out of why there is no paper.

We know almost exactly how many stars exist in our milkway but we have no idea of how many species living on our plant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users