Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Aussie anti whalers buy Japan govt vessel

bah hahahaha !!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,208 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

http://www.theage.co...1210-2b5kf.html

Anti Japan whalers of the Sea Shepard ,covertly bought a Japanese government boat,to use against Japanese whalers.
Japan has warrants for the arrest of some members of the Sea Shepard ,for interfering with their whaling practices .

I think this is awesome ,as I am completely against whaling and dolphin hunts ,in both Japan and Korea .

All dragons know that story.
What was to be their hope became their doom; a spoiled ungrateful child was given a great gift and destroyed it!

#2    Colonel Rhubarb

Colonel Rhubarb

Scrupulously Polite

• 22,268 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

Oh god, not that bunch of  bloody irresponsible pirates again.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#3    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,596 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

We need a sub to sink those pirates

#4    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,918 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

That's a pretty good troll

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#5    Colonel Rhubarb

Colonel Rhubarb

Scrupulously Polite

• 22,268 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

View PostCorp, on 11 December 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

That's a pretty good troll
Whose?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#6    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Knight of Sarcasm

• 8,758 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

View Post747400, on 11 December 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

Oh god, not that bunch of  bloody irresponsible pirates again.
I agree, but what's your opinion of Sea Sheppard? :P

#7    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

These "anti whalers" need to be arrested and locked away - piracy is a crime :/

#8    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Knight of Sarcasm

• 8,758 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 12 December 2012 - 01:23 AM, said:

These "anti whalers" need to be arrested and locked away - piracy is a crime :/
So is illegal fishing - which is what the Japanese is doing.

#9    xCrimsonx

xCrimsonx

Resident Vamp

• 5,243 posts

• The Vampire Lair
    http://paranormalborder.net/forum/3002966/
    "All Torque & No Traction"
    "Static - Cold"
    "GF,FO"
    "1"

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

Someone should arrest and shame Japan for cruelty to the Eco system and the whales. :(

The Paranormal Border
The Vampire Club18+

http://forum.paranor...order.com/index
Posted Image

#10    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

Illigal fishing a lot less of a crime then piracy is ;)
Though the whaling should be slowed, this is not the way to go about it. ;)

#11    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,208 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

Then how else do you all suggest we stop the Japanese from completely destroying the ecosystem ?
As they claim its their right to do this ,regardless of the fact they do NOTHING with the whale meat,and it goes to waste .
And its "tradition " ,as that's their rational for not even slowing down . Their ancestors did it,so even though we don't need to do it for food anymore,its our right ,even in waters that aren't ours .
The sea Shepard is doing the right thing,at risk of their lives and freedoms,which most people are too much of a bunch of puss.ies to do .

All dragons know that story.
What was to be their hope became their doom; a spoiled ungrateful child was given a great gift and destroyed it!

#12    xCrimsonx

xCrimsonx

Resident Vamp

• 5,243 posts

• The Vampire Lair
    http://paranormalborder.net/forum/3002966/
    "All Torque & No Traction"
    "Static - Cold"
    "GF,FO"
    "1"

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:59 AM

Individual countries traditions are out weighed by the fact that we share the whole planet.

The Paranormal Border
The Vampire Club18+

http://forum.paranor...order.com/index
Posted Image

#13    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,243 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 12 December 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

I am afraid there is nothing illegal at all about where they are fishing, or what for. If that was the case, this would be in the Courts, not on the Oceans.

As long as the Sea Shepard stays on the water, we will have whaling. The only time in history when Whaling stopped had absolutely nothing to do with the Sea Shepard, and the US territorial claim set it all off again. If we could share a little better, there would be enough for everyone. The Sea Shepard incites the Japanese Government, and personally, I think Watson knows this, his antics keep his fleet afloat, volunteers coming in, and investors rolling in funds. The TV shows will continue, and Watson will make many grandiose statements in the paper, then the Whalers will take their catch and com back next year. The SS has been trying this on for decades, and INternational Whaling has only gone backwards with regards to International Whaling.

I saw the Sea Shepard in a Brisbane port about 4 years ago, I marvelled over it. Today I would throw eggs at it. I learned a lot about conservation in the last 4 years, many thanks to Cetacea and Mattshark and that knowledge has completely turned me around on the Sea Shepard efforts.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#14    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,243 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

View PostxCrimsonx, on 12 December 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

Someone should arrest and shame Japan for cruelty to the Eco system and the whales. :(

Half right I would say.

Shame is the key. Japanese are a proud people, They shocked the hell out of US soldiers with Kamikaze pilots. I mean who in their right mind would deliberately crash their plane and kill themselves just for a damaging blow??????

Pride keeps Japan whaling. Pride ended the moratorium that ended whaling in the 80's pride keeps the Japanese from being thrown from the High Seas by some jumped up little upstart who throws rancid butter.

You know what, I reckon Watson knows this very, very well.

I feel 2 things will work on Japan with regards to Whaling

1 - Beg. Are we too proud? Japan is part of the International Whaling Commission. It is voluntary. They do not have to be there, they do not have to listen to what is said. Why can we not honor their attendance, and ask them how we can stop whaling??

2 - Make Whaling a shameful act across the globe. A horrendous thing that every single country look down upon with disgust. Right now, Japan is not the only country Whaling, they are the only ones in the spotlight, thanks to Watson. Greenland, Faroe Islands, Iceland, Russia, Korea, all get a free pass and do not have to worry because all the focus is on Japan. Whilst Watson is blowing his own horn about how good he is, many people are covered by his fanfare and whale in peace.

Even Canada whales, but I have no problem with traditional hunts in traditional boats that equate to a small amount that keep a community alive. Watson is keeping Japan on the seas, and whaling at a peak, despite the spin. Many people love a drama, just look at the success of Neighbours of that sands of time show. Watson is giving it to the people in spades. It's not conservation, it's entertainment.

Edited by psyche101, 12 December 2012 - 05:47 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#15    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,243 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 12 December 2012 - 02:36 AM, said:

Then how else do you all suggest we stop the Japanese from completely destroying the ecosystem ?
As they claim its their right to do this ,regardless of the fact they do NOTHING with the whale meat,and it goes to waste .
And its "tradition " ,as that's their rational for not even slowing down . Their ancestors did it,so even though we don't need to do it for food anymore,its our right ,even in waters that aren't ours .
The sea Shepard is doing the right thing,at risk of their lives and freedoms,which most people are too much of a bunch of puss.ies to do .

Greenpeace are doing a much better job, they actually have made some headway. And they have never sunk a single ship.

in May 2008, Greenpeace uncovered a huge scandal; prime cuts of whale meat were being smuggled ashore by the crew of the Japanese whaling factory ship, Nisshin Maru, for illegal trade and personal gain, at the Japanese taxpayer's expense. The story drew massive media coverage in Japan, and the ire of many Japanese people, incensed at the corruption at the heart of the whaling industry. Our work resulted in an investigation of the whaling industry by Tokyo's public prosecutor, and a massive blow to the credibility of Japan's whaling programme.

LINK

That is the sort of thing that will work, and has in the past. The Sea Shepard has not so much as made a dent in decades, it just gets worse every time. Watson buys a boat, The Japanese buy two and twice as big. I reckon if Watson had any balls he would be trying to get some real dirt in these people that would shame them out of whaling, like the above attempt. We canot tell them to stop, but their own people can.

They had to sack Watson Link

He was expelled from the leadership of Greenpeace in 1977 by a vote of 11 to one (only Watson himself voted against it).
Bob Hunter (one of Greenpeace's early leaders, after whom a Sea Shepherd vessel was named) described the event in his book, the Greenpeace Chronicles:

'No one doubted his [Watson's] courage for a moment. He was a great warrior brother. Yet in terms of the Greenpeace gestalt, he seemed possessed by too powerful a drive, too unrelenting a desire to push himself front and centre, shouldering everyone else aside… He had consistently gone around to other offices, acting out the role of mutineer. Everywhere he went, he created divisiveness… We all felt we'd got trapped in a web no one wanted to see develop, yet now that it had, there was nothing to do but bring down the axe, even if it meant bringing it down on the neck of our brother."

Confusion: Greenpeace and Sea Shepherd

Watson founded his own group, Sea Shepherd, in 1977.
- in 1986, Sea Shepherd carried out an action against the Icelandic whaling station in Hvalfjoerdur and sank two Icelandic whaling vessels in Reykjavik harbour by opening their sea valves;[1]
- in December 1992, Sea Shepherd sank the vessel Nybroena in port;[2]
- Sea Shepherd claimed to have sank the Taiwanese drift net ship Jiang Hai in port in Taiwan and to have rammed and disabled four other Asian drift net ships;[3]
- a Canadian court ordered Watson and his former ship, the Cleveland Armory, to pay a total of US$ 35,000 for ramming a Cuban fishing vessel off the coast of Newfoundland in June 1993;[4]
- in January 1994 the group severely damaged the whaling ship Senet in the Norwegian port of Gressvik.[5]
Each of the whaling ships noted above was refloated and refitted for continued whaling.

Not making any impact, but really cheesing a lot of people off, and inciting them to hit back with a renewed effort.

View PostBavarian Raven, on 12 December 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

Illigal fishing a lot less of a crime then piracy is ;)
Though the whaling should be slowed, this is not the way to go about it. ;)

And, the fishing is not illegal at all.

Edited by psyche101, 12 December 2012 - 06:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users