Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

New Evidence Noah's Biblical Flood Happened

noahs ark great flood robert ballard black sea

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#76    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 14 December 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

Ya right Abe ,thanks for the link :) :) :)

Lol.

#77    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence. He whose k

• 11,480 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

View Postlightdefeatsdark, on 12 December 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

This is assuming the day cycle was the same it is now. which its not, you would get 12 full hours of sunlight a day and no seasons worldwide
That is hardly supportable.

Analysis of tidal rhythmites indicates that even as long as 620 million years ago, the Earth was still near it's present duration for the day - apprx 22 hours back then:

Paleotidal records obtained from sedimentary tidal rhythmites may be systematically abbreviated and so may give incorrect paleotidal and paleorotational values. The validity of determined values, including past length of day (l.o.d.), can be assessed by testing for internal self‐consistency through application of the laws of celestial mechanics. Three independent values obtained from the ∼620‐Ma Elatina‐Reynella rhythmites in South Australia (14.1 sidereal months/year, 401 sidereal days/year, and 19.5 years for the lunar nodal period), when employed in different equations that make allowance for lunar and solar tidal effects, each give a lunar semimajor axis in the range of 96.5–96.9% of the present figure. Such self‐consistency strongly supports the validity of the derived l.o.d. of 21.9 hours at ∼620 Ma.

Source

The Earth has since been slowed by tidal drag from the Moon.

The same data shows that the moon was about 25% closer then, IIRC.

Harte

Posted Image
See the new Harte Mark III
And the Mayan panoramas on my pyramid pajamas haven't helped my little problem. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Anybody like Coleridge?

#78    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

1.What about all those similar, indentical myths around the world?

2.Does anyone knows more about shadow river/dry river in Saudi Arabia , which delta was in Persian gulf? I wonder do we know where it flows, is there settlements around it?
Did that river cause flood in Sumer? In Ur where we found clay deposits.

3.Bible, Sumerian,Babylonian myths (among others) tells story about huge rain. That we have big, long rains we must have droughts before, right? If so can we somehow trace big drought in history of humanity?

Edited by the L, 18 December 2012 - 04:27 AM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#79    Arbenol

Arbenol

Poltergeist

• 2,245 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

View Postthe L, on 18 December 2012 - 04:12 AM, said:

What about all those similar, indentical myths around the world?

Read through the thread. This question is answered.

#80    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:31 AM

View PostArbenol68, on 18 December 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

Read through the thread. This question is answered.

Suppression. Thats what is best to say when dont know better.

Please, explain me then, or give me a post number, how come that we have Noah story in ancient Mexico? I could mention examples all day long.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#81    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,152 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

View Postthe L, on 18 December 2012 - 04:31 AM, said:

Please, explain me then, or give me a post number, how come that we have Noah story in ancient Mexico? I could mention examples all day long.

Care to provide a citation for the mention of a Hebrew person, living in Sumer, that's actually relevant to any tale told in Mexico.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#82    Arbenol

Arbenol

Poltergeist

• 2,245 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

View Postthe L, on 18 December 2012 - 04:31 AM, said:

Post no 2 for start. If you want to discuss other cultures' flood myths it could be the same root cause - melting of massive ice caps. As for ancient Mexico I'm sure you didn't mean to suggest that they had the story of Noah. Could you be more specific?

#83    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

Purepecha people from Mexico aka as Tarascans with their oval pyramids at Tzintzuntzan have myth about Tespi. Tespi made ark before flood and with his wife, children, herbs and animals survive flood. Tespi story is identical with Noah. If Tespi isnt Noah so we could tell same for Atra Hasis and Utnapishtim.

Edited by the L, 18 December 2012 - 08:36 AM.

#84    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

Also interestingly Anasazi/Hopi indians, Mayans and Hindu scripts (Yugas) tell that this is fourth stage of earth. Fourth cycles. Mayans said that previous spicies such as dwarves were deleted in flood however from all of previous three periods there were survivors who melted with humans.

#85    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

When you look at the various flood stories, and there are over 270, you not only have to take into account how far apart in time some of them are but also how they describe their particular floods.  Some are regional such as a single island, some are local like those that describe a single valley or even a single tribe as the only ones affected by the flood and some aren't even floods as we refer to them.

If you do look at how they describe the flood you find only about 10%-15% of all the stories could be said to describe a world wide flood and they are scattered around the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Europe.  They could well be just stories told and retold by travelers but not actual historical accounts for most of the areas.

The biblical account is the only one where it rains for 40 days/nights and the Earth is covered by water for a year and so is a major embellishment from Gilgamesh where it was obtained and added to the bible.

The reason some of the flood stories, outside Eurasia, have elements of the biblical account, including possible references to Noah, can possibly attributed to missionary contamination.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#86    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

View PostQuaentum, on 18 December 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

The reason some of the flood stories, outside Eurasia, have elements of the biblical account, including possible references to Noah, can possibly attributed to missionary contamination.

How did I know that explanation for Tespi story would be Spainyards?

Btw it is possible that Bible describe too floods not just one.

Edited by the L, 18 December 2012 - 05:51 PM.

#87    A rather obscure Bassoon

A rather obscure Bassoon

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

• "The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage."

Mark Russel

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostQuaentum, on 18 December 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

There is also the possibility that most Flood stories also originate from one original account,the Biblical version not being the original but borrowed,but this is just speculation on my part.

" Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitos. "

Anon.

#88    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

It happened. It is an ancient story like the Mayan calendar. Its just been washed down over the years as 10,000 or so is a long time. Accurate details would be hard to prove specific to the story but the geological location is a possibility.

#89    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 18 December 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

There is also the possibility that most Flood stories also originate from one original account,the Biblical version not being the original but borrowed,but this is just speculation on my part.

I have posted this like a dozen times already.

At the end of the last ice age there were many giant ice lakes, in North America and Siberia/Altai, barricaded by an ice dam.

The dams melted, breached and giant flash flows occurred.

All that could explain the myths around the world, and even the solid frozen mammoths with daffodils still in their mouths.

#90    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 18 December 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

It happened. It is an ancient story like the Mayan calendar. Its just been washed down over the years as 10,000 or so is a long time. Accurate details would be hard to prove specific to the story but the geological location is a possibility.

The Mayan Calendar is supposed to have started at 3113 BCE.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users