Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gay marriage 'to be illegal'

gat marriage maria miller

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#286    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 14 December 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

And yet they are part of a church that believes in the bible... so why aren't they miserable? Why aren't they being poorly treated? Why aren't they being called abominations every five seconds?

Let me ask something, are they in relationships?

Some are but I'm not that involved in their personal lives.  They aren't miserable because as Christians we all have a journey with God.  No one has a better walk. We are all sinners. Their sin happens to be that. I have my own sins.  Why wouldn't they be happy?  You don't believe in God or Jesus so to you it seems like. Just the rules.  You are not benefiting from the love and salvation of Jesus.

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#287    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• 1,064 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 14 December 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

The church didn't put forth this law, the goverment did.

That's another silly point. The Church is government sanctioned.  So it's basically the same thing.  But the point of the law is to prevent the Church. From being sued in the future. For refusing to perform gay weddings.  It says nothing about gay marriage being illegal.

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#288    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 4,133 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

View PostCassea, on 14 December 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

Some are but I'm not that involved in their personal lives.  They aren't miserable because as Christians we all have a journey with God.  No one has a better walk. We are all sinners. Their sin happens to be that. I have my own sins.  Why wouldn't they be happy?  You don't believe in God or Jesus so to you it seems like. Just the rules.  You are not benefiting from the love and salvation of Jesus.

And the priest of your church is allowing this? Shouldn't your priest be acting more to make sure that they dont. After all, it's an abomination right?

Theres no benefit to christianity. The fowlest people I have ever met, the ones that treated me the worst, were christians.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
We'll just keep on trying till we run out of cake
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#289    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• 1,064 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 14 December 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

And the priest of your church is allowing this? Shouldn't your priest be acting more to make sure that they dont. After all, it's an abomination right?

Theres no benefit to christianity. The fowlest people I have ever met, the ones that treated me the worst, were christians.

So you are revealing yourself. You are justifying bashing Christians.  Because of your personal baggage.  But it doesn't apply to everyone.  You are biased and use that bias. To justify attacking all Christians.  You rationalize it by pretending you are defending yourself against an attack.  That is not coming.  Just the very same thing you accuse the Church of doing.

#290    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 4,133 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

View PostCassea, on 14 December 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

That's another silly point. The Church is government sanctioned.  So it's basically the same thing.  But the point of the law is to prevent the Church. From being sued in the future. For refusing to perform gay weddings.  It says nothing about gay marriage being illegal.

Since you ignored by earlier posts about the church wanting to force everyone, heres some links.
http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-17249099
http://www.bbc.co.uk...otland-19383571
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18405318
http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-17329902
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17315515

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#291    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 4,133 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

View PostCassea, on 14 December 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

So you are revealing yourself. You are justifying bashing Christians.  Because of your personal baggage.  But it doesn't apply to everyone.  You are biased and use that bias. To justify attacking all Christians.  You rationalize it by pretending you are defending yourself against an attack.  That is not coming.  Just the very same thing you accuse the Church of doing.

You say being gay is an abomination according to the bible. Yet you are part of a congregation with gay people in relationships and have no problem with that. You reek of hypocrisy.

You'e made my point better than I could.

#292    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• 1,064 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 14 December 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

You say being gay is an abomination according to the bible. Yet you are part of a congregation with gay people in relationships and have no problem with that. You reek of hypocrisy.

You'e made my point better than I could.

What a nasty post.  It shows that if you can't condemn me for what you accuse.  You will find any reason.  You have an issue with Christianity. I'm sorry for that.  But that doesn't give you the right to try to force your views on others.  Or to attack those who disagree with you.   You are making reasons to justify it.  But you are wrong.  You have proven my point quite well yourself.  I'm finished here.

#293    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

View PostCassea, on 14 December 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

What a nasty post.  It shows that if you can't condemn me for what you accuse.  You will find any reason.  You have an issue with Christianity. I'm sorry for that.  But that doesn't give you the right to try to force your views on others.  Or to attack those who disagree with you.   You are making reasons to justify it.  But you are wrong.  You have proven my point quite well yourself.  I'm finished here.

I think he needs to learn tolerance towards others who are religious.

Its been centuries since Christains went around imposing their faith on others so he has no argument. Religious people have a right to be left alone to practice their faith without outside groups trying to force their values onto them.

#294    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,036 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 14 December 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

Its been centuries since Christains went around imposing their faith on others
wait...what???

#295    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 4,133 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

View PostCassea, on 14 December 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

No, it shows you hold the church up to a high standard and complain that I want to change it by claiming it's impossible, yet you are part of a church which obviously ignores the teaching and have no issue with it!

You're not sorry at all.

And, as always, you miss the point entirely. I can't say I'm surprised.

Edited by shadowhive, 14 December 2012 - 08:59 PM.

#296    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 4,133 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 14 December 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

Its been centuries since Christains went around imposing their faith on others so he has no argument. Religious people have a right to be left alone to practice their faith without outside groups trying to force their values onto them.

Whenever same sex marriage is bought before governments, religous groups are the first to try and halt it. How is that not them trying to force their way on people?

Seems you and Cassea have something that means you have to misrepresent everything I say, even if it's clear.

Edited by shadowhive, 14 December 2012 - 08:58 PM.

#297    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• 1,064 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 14 December 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

Whenever same sex marriage is bought before governments, religous groups are the first to try and halt it. How is that not them trying to force their way on people?

Also a lie.   They have fought for the definition of marriage.   They haven't had as much issue with civil unions.   Your own link shows that.  You are making things up to justify your reasons. You are also attacking us personally because you can't make your case.

Your links don't back up.  Your argument at all.

Writing in the Sunday Telegraph, Cardinal O'Brien said: "Since all the legal rights of marriage are already available to homosexual couples, it is clear that this proposal is not about rights, but rather is an attempt to redefine marriage for the whole of society at the behest of a small minority of activists.

Same-sex couples in Scotland can already enter into civil partnerships. The Scottish government has promised to protect religious freedoms, and says any changes would not see churches forced to take part in same-sex ceremonies.

#298    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 4,133 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

View PostCassea, on 14 December 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

Also a lie.   They have fought for the definition of marriage.   They haven't had as much issue with civil unions.   Your own link shows that.  You are making things up to justify your reasons. You are also attacking us personally because you can't make your case.

They fought against marriage changing, even when it was civil marriage own. Civil marriage and definition is decided solely by the government, not by the church. The church was, thusly, butting in where it didn't belong from the start.

'Haven't had as much issue' isn't the same as no issue, They always had issues with civil partnerships too. They didn't want them because they were 'too close to marriage' again, even though they were done by the government.

Gay people have always wanted same sex marriages, not civil unions, not civil partnerships, but marriage. Those other things are lesser and still considered as being inferior. they're always the result of compromises to appease religions and you know what I'm sick of religions I'm not part of trying to dicate if I can and cannot get married. Why should i have to settle for something seperate to appease the church's whims? Why should anyone?

We have equality laws in this country and, before this all started, the church already had entitlements not to follow it to the letter. Look at the claims they'd be forced. They claim that the equality law that they don't have to follow anyway, would be used against them, even though it can't be now.

I'm not making things up, nor am I attacking you personally. But hey, you always seem to have problems with what I say.

Edited by shadowhive, 14 December 2012 - 09:19 PM.

#299    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 14 December 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

No, it shows you hold the church up to a high standard and complain that I want to change it by claiming it's impossible, yet you are part of a church which obviously ignores the teaching and have no issue with it!

You're not sorry at all.

And, as always, you miss the point entirely. I can't say I'm surprised.

You have no right to change it.

#300    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 4,133 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 14 December 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

You have no right to change it.

No. I have no right to FORCE it to change.

I have every right to try and change it, to encourage change especially since that change is for the greater good for all.

Big difference. You and Casea should really learn that.

Edited by shadowhive, 14 December 2012 - 09:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users