Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Use of Taser is not unconstitutional

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#76    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,823 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

View Postaztek, on 15 December 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

you either full of it, or live on different planet.

Neither one.

I know the laws, if I do not I look them up. I know what diseases spit can cause, when spitting in someones face, and I know the laws pertaining to that. I also know the statistics of Tazers -vs- brute force take down...

I also spent a big chunk of my life trying to keep my son off of meth, and out of trouble. He spent from 16 to 21 yrs old in prison. He has been on both sides of this, he hated cops, said the same things some are saying here.

I am proud to say, he has a daughter, full custody, has been clean for 3 years, has had a stable job. He now says anything that happened to him was his doing, including tazered by cops, taken down by cops, etc....

Talk to him about this 6 years ago, and everything is the cops fault, they are all crooked and abuse authority.

Also, I had my brother in law taze me twice, one, because he had never got to use it ( 5 years serving ) , and two, I wanted to see how " bad " it is. It is not bad at all. I would rather be tazered then tackled any day.

So, my " life experiences " show I am not " full of it ".......

And, I stay clear of trouble,( naturally, I do not even have to try or think about it ) so I never have to " deal " with the Police. If people would do that, they would not be in these situations. Again, I do not feel sorry for them, and neither does my son.

And for the ones not getting the " talking to a officer "......

Anyone who has watched a television show about law enforcement has a heard a police officer read the suspect his or her Miranda Rights. After placing the suspect under arrest, the officer will say something similar to, “You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have a right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you.”

The wording of the Miranda rights may vary from the statement above, as long as they fully convey the message. The officer must also ensure that the suspect understands his or her rights. Should the suspect not speak English, these rights must be translated to make sure they are understood.

Miranda Rights were created in 1966 as a result of the United States Supreme Court case of Miranda v. Arizona. The Miranda warning is intended to protect the suspect’s Fifth Amendment right to refuse to answer self-incriminating questions.

It is important to note that Miranda rights do not go into effect until after an arrest is made. The officer is free to ask questions before an arrest, but must inform the suspect that the questioning is voluntary and that he or she is free to leave at any time. The answers to these questions are admissible in court.

If the suspect is placed under arrest and not read Miranda rights, spontaneous or voluntary statements may be used in evidence in court. For example, if the suspect starts using excuses justifying why he or she committed a crime these statements can be used at trial.

Silence can be used against the suspect if it occurs before he or she is read the Miranda rights. For example, an innocent person would proclaim his or her evidence or try to give an alibi rather than staying quiet. The prosecution will try to use the suspect’s silence against him or her in court.

If you are being investigated for a crime and wish to remain silent before being Mirandized, you can inform the officer that your attorney told you to never speak to law enforcement without talking to him or her first. This looks less suspicious than simply refusing to answer questions.

Edited by Sakari, 15 December 2012 - 05:40 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#77    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,048 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

View PostSakari, on 15 December 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

The officer is free to ask questions before an arrest, but must inform the suspect that the questioning is voluntary and that he or she is free to leave at any time.

bingo.

i can walk away,  and if arrested i still have right not to talk. the key word is remain.

so yea, i have every right not to talk to cops.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#78    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,823 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

View Postaztek, on 16 December 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

bingo.

i can walk away,  and if arrested i still have right not to talk. the key word is remain.

so yea, i have every right not to talk to cops.

:tu:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#79    Realm

Realm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

• "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

I gaurantee you, If I was to walk up to a Police officer and taze him, certainly I would be arrested and charged with using a "deadly weapon"
on a Police officer. Just saying, rules apply only to Police and their brotherhood.

Here's a paragraph from Wilipedia:

Cardiac arrests, lawsuits and effectiveness
On September 30, 2009, the manufacturer Taser International issued a warning and new targeting guidelines to law enforcement agencies to aim shots below the chest center of mass as "avoiding chest shots with ECDs avoids the controversy about whether ECDs do or do not affect the human heart"[21] Calgary Police Service indicated in a news interview that the rationale for the warning was "new medical research that is coming out is showing that the closer probe to heart distances have a likelihood, or a possibility, that they may affect the rhythm of the heart".[22]
Taser "recommended officers avoid tasing suspects in the chest area, citing the potential for cardiac arrests, lawsuits and effectiveness of the device." Central Texas Constable Richard McCain, whose deputy recently used a Taser weapon against an unarmed 72-year-old woman (resulting in a $40,000 lawsuit settlement), describes Taser's directive as "not really practical.

Evidently the Officer didn't get the message. And the weapon has the potential to kill, yet it is not "deadly".

#80    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,048 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

to kill you need only 100 milliamperes thru the heart,for a healthy person. voltage makes no difference, as long as it is above 36v you can get killed, police tasers and stun guns don't have more than 100ma.
however, every person is different, skin thickness, fat, all add up to personal resistance, some can touch live wires, and current will not go inside , it'll flow outside the body, i have seen it myself numerous times. but some have low resistance and current will reach heart, you never know how tolarant a person to electric current, he may look as healthy as a bull, but will get killed from tasing.

we need tasers, but only in hands of those that don't abuse them. someone high on pcp, or e will not fall even if you empty entire clip for point blank, and i have seen it too, but will go down if tased, but tasers are not something you use, when you are pissed off at the suspect.

iirc last year a man on pcp killed and ate another man, than he cut open his stomach, and threw his guts at the cops. bullets would not stop him, unless in the head, this is the time you use taser, not on some angry small female (that basicly was being trown out of the store for no reason), that spit at the cops. i hope those cops get transfered to corrections, they'll get more spitting in their face, than they can imagine.

RESIDENT TROLL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users