Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UMers, Dow Jones: Stockmarket Divination

um divination exersize

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,449 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Market has closed up for the day.

Dow @ 13,235.39..

I know it's gonna crash I know it.. lol..

#17    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,449 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

Sorry Guy's, but I don't think I'll be able to fulful my commitment to this thread.

My father has been taken to Hospital, and is not expected to live, so I doupt I'll be loggin in for a while, or not as often..

Dow Jones closed up again today at 13,350.96..

#18    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,105 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 19 December 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

Sorry Guy's, but I don't think I'll be able to fulful my commitment to this thread.

My father has been taken to Hospital, and is not expected to live, so I doupt I'll be loggin in for a while, or not as often..

I'll take over prof, you take care of your own.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#19    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,105 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Wed closed at

Edited by Seeker79, 20 December 2012 - 02:24 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#20    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,749 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 19 December 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

My sincere condolences Prof. T.

On the note of this thread, I don't believe a big crash will come yet. I am just getting back into the whole share thing and scoping out what's good in the local market. I don't know enough about the Dow index at the moment. If I have a look at it today I'll chuck up my estimate later.

#21    Hamlyn

Hamlyn

Not Dead Yet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

• Why you eyeing my lemon drink?

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

I was so dang close!

So sorry to hear about Prof T's father.

Science exists to investigate the unexplained, not to explain away the uninvestigated.

Ouija transcripts, Tarot sessions, psychic readings, and other messing around. Read it all here.

#22    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,105 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

Closed Thursday

Bruce Lee-

#23    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,449 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

I'm back..
Thanks for the concern guys, & thanks for taking over Seeker.

So, results were..

UM Community partisipants sucsessfully predicted that the Dow would fall.. (Correct direction prediction) :tu:

Our collective average was 12447.91, the market closed at 13,141.61 (we were out by 693 points) :td:

Overall, I guess we're not that Stockmarket Savy..
But if you have a spare million or two to invest, Hamlyn might be the one to ask for financial advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users