Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Trail Cam Biped Deconstructed

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,392 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Today we are reviewing a story that was making rounds toward the end of last week and appeared at some very reputable sites.

This one began with a trail cam photo on the Facebook page, ‘Chasing Trophy Whitetails’. The picture in question is seemingly showing some sort of strange biped creature.

http://www.ghosttheo...d-deconstructed

Posted Image

#2    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

Interesting, but I think the photo has been faked based on two things. First and foremost the break down given by the author showing it to very likely to be part of a cow, cut and cropped for effect. Secondly, it really doesn't fit the descriptions given alleged witnesses, they describe Bigfoots as being massive creatures, this looks like an Ethiopian Bigfoot, all tall and willowy thin.

#3    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

I've seen an enhanced version of the same photo, that shows the trees in the background and defines the 'creature' a bit better.
I also thought it resembled the cropped rear end of a deer or horse, even a cow.
It could vaguely resemble a person, maybe with the back turned to the camera in the process of turning on a foot.

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

#4    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Shame they didn't show a decent quality image, when zooming into it, it's just a blurry mess.

Just looks like someone dressed up to me. Can't tell the size or anything. They should have done a picture of a person standing there in daylight etc.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#5    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

The story far as I know,

On Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 5:40pm, Michael Dwayne Rogers of Chasing Trophy Whitetails posted the above photograph on Facebook. Almost 3000 people “liked” it, 4.5K “shares” occurred, and 4.6K comments were made. Here’s what Rogers wrote: “This is one of several pics that my buddy got on his game camera back in November. It came by on November 11 and then again on November 18. Has anyone else seen anything like this before?”

I have not seen the second photo from the 18th, if there is one.

Here is the enhanced photo, done by an user from another site.  I am not taking credit for the enhancement.

Posted Image

Edited by Insanity, 13 December 2012 - 05:59 PM.

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

#6    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

What is the "head" if the creature (that is the manipulated cow image) is facing us?

Imo, I think the OP matched a cow's back leg exactly to show the cow is facing toward the camera. But what then is creating the bipeds "head" that appears to have on a hood and is hanging down.

If a raised large tail is making the "head", that would say horse not cow, to me, but with very short legs though.

I can also see what appears to be hair hanging off the body all over. Consistent with a horse or cow.

The consistency in color/shade/material seems like it is all the same animal. (But I don't know anything about photo manipulation like this)

Cool photo cropping though, if that is the case. Looks like a ghostly image.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 13 December 2012 - 08:37 PM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#7    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

The other thing that strikes me as odd about this is there are no footprints from the alleged creature, yet you can clearly see a set that were made by someone else in the picture. Strange?

#8    fatbadger2

fatbadger2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 373 posts

• you cant kill the metal, the metal will live on....

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

I don't know a lot about this kind of thing but the image doesn't look 'shopped' to me. Could it be something closer to the camera like a moth or leaf or something in movement which creates the illusion it's something more substantial. It just looks to me like something smaller and closer rather than something large farther away.

Edited by fatbadger2, 14 December 2012 - 12:21 AM.

Now don't get me wrong I love what you've done with the place, I just wish we had a chance to help build it, instead of just moving into this home of disrepair and expected to work,prosper and then care - enter shakari-juggernauts

#9    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

Ok, but how do you explain that there aren't any footprints from the......whatever it is, and yet there are other footprints visible?

#10    Dontlisten2me

Dontlisten2me

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

Looks like a guy covered in shaving cream and it looks Photoshopish to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users