Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Study: We live longer but

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

http://news.yahoo.co...-170119642.html

New study shows we are living longer,but usually in painful and debilitated conditions.

For me,no surprise here .I found all the comments at the bottom quite interesting as well.

Miss me?

#2    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,228 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Combine this issue:

Over three million deaths globally were attributable in 2010 to excess body weight, more than three times as many as malnutrition.
"We've gone from a world 20 years ago where people weren't getting enough to eat to a world now where too much food and unhealthy food - even in developing countries - is making us sick," said Majid Ezzati of Imperial College London, one of the lead researchers.

With this issue:

However, the major health problems now are diseases and conditions that don't kill, but make us ill. We now live longer with more health problems that cause pain, impair mobility, and prevent us seeing, hearing and thinking clearly.
"Very few people are walking around with perfect health, and as people age, they accumulate health conditions," said Christopher Murray, the IHME's director.

And you have a recipe for disaster. I see younger and younger people who are morbidly obese, in wheelchairs, using oxygen. More and more people are developing type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure. Add that to the elderly who have conditions like Alzheimer's disease, the future doesn't bode well for us heathwise.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#3    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

View PostLilly, on 14 December 2012 - 10:22 AM, said:

Combine this issue:

With this issue:

And you have a recipe for disaster. I see younger and younger people who are morbidly obese, in wheelchairs, using oxygen. More and more people are developing type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure. Add that to the elderly who have conditions like Alzheimer's disease, the future doesn't bode well for us heathwise.

Part of the problem with all of this is,the internet ,processed foods ,artificial sweetners .
It's not all the publics fault ,as they are given poison ,disguised as nutrition .
Then top it off with the new sedentary life style ,where everyone is a couch potato ...

Miss me?

#4    spartan max2

spartan max2

Government Agent

• 3,687 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

Not a suprise.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#5    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

In bible times, there were people that lived upto 170 years old, I think, so I think those who performed the study aren't aware of our ancient past.

Logically, we can't live for longer if our health is getting poorer. That doesn't even make sense.

#6    Tofayel

Tofayel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

I expect healthy and happy life. If it is short, no problem.

#7    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

undead

• 13,324 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Time for voluntary euthanasia to be made legal all around the world.

What, in all the world, could I do to earn my living and still live as myself, as I knew myself to be? Temporary masks, I knew, had their place; everyone was wearing them, they were the human rage; but not masks cemented in place until the wearer could not breathe and was eventually suffocated.

#8    Collateral Damage

Collateral Damage

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 260 posts

• "Those who stand for nothing fall for anything."

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

View PostInsaniac, on 14 December 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

In bible times, there were people that lived upto 170 years old, I think, so I think those who performed the study aren't aware of our ancient past.

Logically, we can't live for longer if our health is getting poorer. That doesn't even make sense.
The Bible states many things, some fact, other's fiction. IMO living up to age 170, especially without the help of modern technology.. highly unlikely. That's just my opinion, though.

Undated letter by President J.F.K. said:

"War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today."

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten."

#9    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,566 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

View PostInsaniac, on 14 December 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

I'm sure they were quite aware of these myths.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users