Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Elementary school shooting

• Please log in to reply
689 replies to this topic

#271    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

View Poste u n O i a, on 14 December 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

Ok I read in the news that he went to her class and shot her at her classroom, hence shooting little kids.
http://usnews.nbcnew...cut-school?lite

Why is there so many conflicting stories? Because there are so many journalists out there trying to scare their readers to death with the most shocking story.
Those poor little angels. My heart aches for the whole community.

Edited by thewild, 15 December 2012 - 12:09 AM.

Posted Image

#272    e u n O i a

e u n O i a

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

View Postthewild, on 15 December 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

Ok I read in the news that he went to her class and shot her at her classroom, hence shooting little kids.
http://usnews.nbcnew...cut-school?lite

i also heard that he shot his brother.. then i heard they questioned his brother.

ayeee

#273    Solipsi Rai

Solipsi Rai

...from the Desert...

• 2,737 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

Very horrible news story: young children from kindergarden to 4th grade are among the victims. I like to know what motive the shooter had in mind when he took his Mother's life as well committed such acts of terror on a school. I pray for the victims tonight and with those in the recent shooting in the Clackamas Mall in Oregon, it comes to show how people can easily harm one another for no apparent reason.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#274    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,890 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

Fifty to one hundred years ago there was virtually NO gun control, and virtually NO school shootings. What changed? Our culture changed. Technology and the presentation of violence changed. Then our culture became based around technology.

We turn on the television and see a kid cut open his own mother while she breathes on The Walking Dead, and then see him blow her brains out before she can reanimate into a zombie. We see Call of Duty: Black Ops II advertisements online, on our televisions, on our phones - that advocate sending drone strikes onto other players; of course, before unloading an entire clip of ammo onto a once lively enemy body. All the while conditioning us to concepts of futuristic warfare that might have seemed strange to us if they were in any other form than a video game. Conditioning us, making the thousands of people killed by US drones in the past several years seem okay, since it seems more like a video game. The truth? We're detached.

We see films where violence and special effects are the main attractions, and we laugh when we see fictional characters in pain or die horrific deaths, fully knowing these things are capable of happening to us; fully knowing that these things do happen to people. But all the while, since these things don't happen to us, we don't give a damn. But you know what? It isn't bloody funny. This is serious.

We should discuss how the violence of our culture anethesizes us - especially as younger children are babysat by television sets and introduced to violent concepts at a progressively younger and younger age as time goes on.

Our culture has spawned a desensitized and violent sub-culture of irritable, impatient, behaviorally riddled children who see no need for originality when everything is based around instant gratification and pre-imagined and pre-packaged thoughts. Children who see no correlation between what is a video game, and what is reality.

Children - my generation, and this new one, are apart of a culture that sees violence and finds it amusing. A culture that sees a world based on false, violent realities they spend hours upon hours immersed in - THAT PARENTS LET BABYSIT THEM. And when twenty innocent children are gunned down we have the AUDACITY to be SURPRISED?

I'm sorry for my bluntness.. Even if I am being superficial, I am telling the truth.

Edited by Drayno, 15 December 2012 - 12:53 AM.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#275    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,277 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

We watched this as we could at work today. As of 6pm newscast, the shooter had his brother Ryan's identification with him. Early reports were that he lived in New Jersey with his dad and his brother Adam lived in Connecticut with his mother. And so all the confusion. News reports tonight are that the shooter was Adam. He killed his mother in their home this morning and went to the school where he shot her class and 6 other adults, teachers and support staff. Ryan and dad are now in FBI custody being questioned in New Jersey. It will be awhile before we know what was going on, but this whole mentality of shooting everything you don't like just makes me sick. This is what we've come to I guess. Malls, movies, stores, schools, nothing is safe anymore. Thus shall be the way we live. What a life.

Edited by susieice, 15 December 2012 - 01:00 AM.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#276    e u n O i a

e u n O i a

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

Posted Image
him in 2005

#277    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:50 AM

View PostDrayno, on 15 December 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

Fifty to one hundred years ago there was virtually NO gun control, and virtually NO school shootings. What changed? Our culture changed. Technology and the presentation of violence changed. Then our culture became based around technology.

We turn on the television and see a kid cut open his own mother while she breathes on The Walking Dead, and then see him blow her brains out before she can reanimate into a zombie. We see Call of Duty: Black Ops II advertisements online, on our televisions, on our phones - that advocate sending drone strikes onto other players; of course, before unloading an entire clip of ammo onto a once lively enemy body. All the while conditioning us to concepts of futuristic warfare that might have seemed strange to us if they were in any other form than a video game. Conditioning us, making the thousands of people killed by US drones in the past several years seem okay, since it seems more like a video game. The truth? We're detached.

We see films where violence and special effects are the main attractions, and we laugh when we see fictional characters in pain or die horrific deaths, fully knowing these things are capable of happening to us; fully knowing that these things do happen to people. But all the while, since these things don't happen to us, we don't give a damn. But you know what? It isn't bloody funny. This is serious.

We should discuss how the violence of our culture anethesizes us - especially as younger children are babysat by television sets and introduced to violent concepts at a progressively younger and younger age as time goes on.

Our culture has spawned a desensitized and violent sub-culture of irritable, impatient, behaviorally riddled children who see no need for originality when everything is based around instant gratification and pre-imagined and pre-packaged thoughts. Children who see no correlation between what is a video game, and what is reality.

Children - my generation, and this new one, are apart of a culture that sees violence and finds it amusing. A culture that sees a world based on false, violent realities they spend hours upon hours immersed in - THAT PARENTS LET BABYSIT THEM. And when twenty innocent children are gunned down we have the AUDACITY to be SURPRISED?

I'm sorry for my bluntness.. Even if I am being superficial, I am telling the truth.

Going to have to disagree.

For one thing, the influx of violence isn't a new thing to our society. Parents used to take their kids to public hangings, beheadings, witch-burnings, and other violent executions. Wealthy parents took their kids to picnic and watch the First Battle of Bull Run - an ACTUAL battle with ACTUAL people dying.

Yes some kids can't distinguish what's real and what's not when it comes to the media, but these kids usually have some sort of mental disorder to begin with. Parents shouldn't be letting their kids watch all of the violence and play games above their age range at any rate.

I've played video games my entire life, as did my siblings, my friends, many relatives. None of us grew up to be psychopaths. As I said earlier, I find it hard to even kill a spider.

There is no evidence Adam played violent games or watched violent movies. However, there is evidence he was autistic and had other personality disorders, which can cause a disconnect from society.

There may not have been as many mass shootings back then, but there were still PLENTY of serial killers and child rapists and violent murderers. You think Jack the Ripper was mimicking The Walking Dead?

Perhaps the mass shooting thing has become a trend because of copycats.

With most mass killings (serial killings, etc) that occur, the killer has some kind of mental disorder. Don't blame video games and movies. That mental disorder is still going to be there regardless. Blame it on a lack of proper treatment or therapy.

Edited by RockabyeBillie, 15 December 2012 - 01:53 AM.

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#278    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 4,473 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

Such saddess to hear of  another horrible act, my heart goes out to the famlies .  What got me , a detective had said on the phone tonight in speaking to the news -  this very moment there is some one out there that is planning to do something  more horrific. I agree drayo to many violence shows and games are not good for kids growing up  and if society wants to keep  taking God and the golden rules away, the rules our laws were founded on, they have better replace it with some kind of anger mangement programs in the schools for kids, or let everyone carry a gun.

#279    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

Ok...I walked away from this thread as I was getting too emotional and I come back a few hours later...read a few posts and now I am enraged.  Not just at the tragedy today but at the wanna be "I'm so special and empathetic" losers...

You want to feel the pain?...You want to share in the tragedy?  Why don't you act this way when thousands of innocent men women AND children are killed by the Holy America's drone attacks?  What about Somalia and Sudan or the Congo?  Because they use bombs and machete's it's not so tragic?  or is because we think we are so better than everyone else?  We have killed untold thousands of children over the last 10 years...where is your empathy and outcries for that?

You all make me sick to my stomach with your selfish self righteous outcries...you are all hypocrites of the finest order and I hope you puke your dinner up when you realize what I just said is the abso-****g-lute truth...have a nice freaking night...

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#280    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 7,276 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

View PostArbenol68, on 14 December 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Why do these incidents happen more in America than elsewhere?

you answered yourself, because america is not elsewhere,

American society is different than everyone else.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#281    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

View PostJeremiah65, on 15 December 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

You want to feel the pain?...You want to share in the tragedy?  Why don't you act this way when thousands of innocent men women AND children are killed by the Holy America's drone attacks?  What about Somalia and Sudan or the Congo?  Because they use bombs and machete's it's not so tragic?  or is because we think we are so better than everyone else?  We have killed untold thousands of children over the last 10 years...where is your empathy and outcries for that?

Benghazi, Colorado shootings, 9/11, Oklahoma City bombing, Pearl Harbor, we don't understand the pain and tragedy of these attacks? What are you even talking about?

Edited by Order66, 15 December 2012 - 02:18 AM.

Posted Image

#282    pallidin

pallidin

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,886 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

Ok...I walked away from this thread as I was getting too emotional and I come back a few hours later...read a few posts and now I am enraged.  Not just at the tragedy today but at the wanna be "I'm so special and empathetic" losers...

You all make me sick to my stomach with your selfish self righteous outcries...you are all hypocrites of the finest order and I hope you puke your dinner up when you realize what I just said is the abso-****g-lute truth...have a nice freaking night...

Calm down, brother man, before YOU become the next deranged killer.

#283    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 13,273 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

Someone needs a hug....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#284    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,729 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

View PostDrayno, on 15 December 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

Right. Except we have the same thing in the UK. Same films. Same games. And no gun crime on the scale you do in the US. Because we have proper gun laws. To blame it on the media (as in, TV, films etc) is very very weak.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#285    pallidin

pallidin

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,886 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

View PostSakari, on 15 December 2012 - 02:25 AM, said:

Someone needs a hug....

:w00t:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users