Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Elementary school shooting

• Please log in to reply
689 replies to this topic

#286    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

View PostOrder66, on 15 December 2012 - 02:16 AM, said:

Benghazi, Colorado shootings, 9/11, Oklahoma City bombing, Pearl Harbor, we don't understand the pain and tragedy of these attacks? What are you even talking about?

I am talking like it is such a terrible terrible thing like nothing else in the world..."oh heaven split open and save us"...when equal or greater tragedy happens every single day and these same bleeding hearts choose to do nothing...say nothing...feel nothing.  This country has killed thousands of children...but that is somehow OK cause it was good ole Uncle Sam pulling the trigger....he was saving us from those scary brown people growing up and hating us...or becoming doctors and engineers and taking our jobs we are no longer smart enough to do.

It's about hypocrisy at levels I cannot even describe.  Yes...hell yes what happened today was aweful...but when people cry about this rule or this law and act like the sky is falling...it drives me insane because they didn't act that way yesterday or will not act that way tomorrow when a band of Congonese fighters murder a village, machete kill the children and rape the women...they won't and they know it.  They will turn the channel and act like they didn't hear it...but when it happens in Holy America....stop the damn presses...we the mob must act now!  The scales of proportion are so out of whack it is astounding...

Everyone that thinks some action must be taken to insure this never happens again in America must first start demanding we put soldiers on the ground in Somalia, Sudan and the Congo...write your Congressmen and demand a stop to the drone attacks.  if you are not willing to do that little thing...you have no voice anywhere else...that is unless you are a hypocrite and those "other" people do not matter.

I am done for the night...my blood pressure is through the roof and people have no understanding what they do or of the stupidity they spew.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#287    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,917 posts

• States are domed when they are unable to distinguish good men from bad.

- Antisthenes.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

View PostEmma_Acid, on 15 December 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

Right. Except we have the same thing in the UK. Same films. Same games. And no gun crime on the scale you do in the US. Because we have proper gun laws. To blame it on the media (as in, TV, films etc) is very very weak.

Right, and your firearm offenses doubled after your gun ban.

Not to mention the UK is in a state of total surveillance. Good job.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#288    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,764 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

View PostJeremiah65, on 15 December 2012 - 02:50 AM, said:

I am talking like it is such a terrible terrible thing like nothing else in the world..."oh heaven split open and save us"...when equal or greater tragedy happens every single day and these same bleeding hearts choose to do nothing...say nothing...feel nothing.  This country has killed thousands of children...but that is somehow OK cause it was good ole Uncle Sam pulling the trigger....he was saving us from those scary brown people growing up and hating us...or becoming doctors and engineers and taking our jobs we are no longer smart enough to do.

It's about hypocrisy at levels I cannot even describe.  Yes...hell yes what happened today was aweful...but when people cry about this rule or this law and act like the sky is falling...it drives me insane because they didn't act that way yesterday or will not act that way tomorrow when a band of Congonese fighters murder a village, machete kill the children and rape the women...they won't and they know it.  They will turn the channel and act like they didn't hear it...but when it happens in Holy America....stop the damn presses...we the mob must act now!  The scales of proportion are so out of whack it is astounding...

Everyone that thinks some action must be taken to insure this never happens again in America must first start demanding we put soldiers on the ground in Somalia, Sudan and the Congo...write your Congressmen and demand a stop to the drone attacks.  if you are not willing to do that little thing...you have no voice anywhere else...that is unless you are a hypocrite and those "other" people do not matter.

I am done for the night...my blood pressure is through the roof and people have no understanding what they do or of the stupidity they spew.
It must be a tough job being the last enlightened creature on God's earth.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#289    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 8,302 posts

• I'd rather laugh than argue.

Choose your weapon.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 14 December 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Horrible.. :(   just Horrible.. :cry:

What's gone wrong with the world for such things to happen to the innocent.

Hey Pro. T,

I've read this thread from the beginning so far and I'd like to reply to this.

Sadly, as much as we'd wish, nothing can fully protect the innocent. Nothing's really changed, it's gone on for ages.

- LG :(

#290    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 5,099 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

View PostDrayno, on 15 December 2012 - 02:58 AM, said:

Right, and your firearm offenses doubled after your gun ban.

Not to mention the UK is in a state of total surveillance. Good job.

Mate, you do not have an argument. Any doubling of gun crime is negligible compared to what is happening in your country.

And can you show that surveillance has anything to do with it?

Stop evading the point - more guns means more people die from gun crime.

Science isn’t about truth and falsity, it’s about reducing uncertainty ~ Brian Nosek

#291    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,449 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

I see this went to gun control.....

Let me fix that......

Where are the Christians saying " everything happens for a reason "........I want that explained now.

That should do away with the gun control debate.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#292    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 8,302 posts

• I'd rather laugh than argue.

Choose your weapon.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

I wish that the gun control debaters would find another room.

I strongly agree with one of the sides, but this isn't the place. Someone made a thread for that. If you wish to debate, well, let's meet over there. :) Kay?

#293    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 5,099 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

View PostSakari, on 15 December 2012 - 03:16 AM, said:

I see this went to gun control.....

Let me fix that......

Where are the Christians saying " everything happens for a reason "........I want that explained now.

That should do away with the gun control debate.

No, it doesn't.

View PostLikely Guy, on 15 December 2012 - 03:19 AM, said:

I wish that the gun control debaters would find another room.

I strongly agree with one of the sides, but this isn't the place. Someone made a thread for that. If you wish to debate, well, let's meet over there. :) Kay?

You don't believe they're directly related? Children being shot dead in a country with relatively low gun control, and a conversation about gun control?

Don't sweep this under the carpet.

Science isn’t about truth and falsity, it’s about reducing uncertainty ~ Brian Nosek

#294    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,449 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

View PostEmma_Acid, on 15 December 2012 - 03:26 AM, said:

You don't believe they're directly related? Children being shot dead in a country with relatively low gun control, and a conversation about gun control?

Don't sweep this under the carpet.

What they are saying is this was a thread more about sending condolences, and not debating other issues. It has been asked nicely numerous times to not do this.

Why bring a heated debate into a thread like this?.....It is selfish, especially since numerous people asked for people to take that elsewhere, and another thread was made for that discussion.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#295    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,094 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:31 AM

You know, what I still don't understand(and it probably never will be understood) is why he killed all those people, most especially the children.

I realize the same goes for other mass shootings, but I just can't fathom the depth of insanity in this case.

Since he killed his mother first, I pressume he had one hell of an argument with her either at that time or perhaps was ongoing for some time.

#296    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,449 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:31 AM

View PostJeremiah65, on 15 December 2012 - 02:50 AM, said:

Since when are tragic things like this a competition?....They are all tragic, none greater then the other.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#297    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,917 posts

• States are domed when they are unable to distinguish good men from bad.

- Antisthenes.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

View PostEmma_Acid, on 15 December 2012 - 03:08 AM, said:

Mate, you do not have an argument. Any doubling of gun crime is negligible compared to what is happening in your country.

And can you show that surveillance has anything to do with it?

Stop evading the point - more guns means more people die from gun crime.

No, surveillance has nothing to do with this particular issue. But it is excessive in your country.

As it is in my own.

Since we were spouting facts, I figured I might as well spout some more.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#298    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,449 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

View Postpallidin, on 15 December 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

You know, what I still don't understand(and it probably never will be understood) is why he killed all those people, most especially the children.

I realize the same goes for other mass shootings, but I just can't fathom the depth of insanity in this case.

Since he killed his mother first, I pressume he had one hell of an argument with her either at that time or perhaps was ongoing for some time.

I doubt anyone will ever figure out why people lose it like that....Hell, Hitler did, and he was able to have others carry out his insane orders.

It is unfortunate ( as I mentioned before ), this did not surprise me. There will be more, history shows that.

Humans are sick....( some anyway )

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#299    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 15 December 2012 - 03:00 AM, said:

Hey Pro. T,

I've read this thread from the beginning so far and I'd like to reply to this.

Sadly, as much as we'd wish, nothing can fully protect the innocent. Nothing's really changed, it's gone on for ages.

- LG :(
Much as I hate to admit it, you are possibly right..

Only these days the frequency & exposure seems worse because of Media and instant focus, such as this thread/forum.

And also, these days, crimes such as this are made all the worse with the avalibility of such weapons.

Edited to add: And I'm not weighing into the stupid gun control debate going on in here.. That doesn't belong here because it distracts us all from the fact that this terrible event has occured..

Edited by Professor T, 15 December 2012 - 03:41 AM.

#300    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 5,099 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

View PostSakari, on 15 December 2012 - 03:30 AM, said:

What they are saying is this was a thread more about sending condolences, and not debating other issues. It has been asked nicely numerous times to not do this.

Why bring a heated debate into a thread like this?.....It is selfish, especially since numerous people asked for people to take that elsewhere, and another thread was made for that discussion.

Fair point.

I apologise for being heated in discussion, I'm sure you can understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users