Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ever felt connected to someone you don't know

victoriaharvey

Ok, I know this thread is kind of old now but I had to post my experince here(beacuse it's been driving me crazy!) So here it is: I was at a large festival last spring where there were quite a few bands playing some I knew and some I didn't. I was sitting at a bar and I overheard this music playing on a stage behind the bar, and I had to go see who it was. I loved it! Previously I had heard this persons music but didn't care for it at all. But once I saw it live--- that was it. I tried to get as close as I could to the stage but ended up not being able to get as close as I would have liked. Long story short, I really enjoyed the set, went on my merry way, and didn't give it a second thought. A few days after the festival, I went home and couldn't stop thinking about this person. I started googling him, and found out we have a A LOT of things in common--same birthday, same childhood/adolescent interests, some of the same mannerisms ( Am I crazy or what haha.) I would watch interviews with him and I would feel overwhelmingly drawn to him, and his personality. I feel like we would instantly have a connection if we ever met. I've had to stop looking at pictures/videos of him, and listening to his music because I would have a lingering depression for a day or two after doing so... and because I feel ridiculous doing it. What does this mean? I know people are attracted to celebrities/musicians all the time, but I really feel like this is more than that. I've consciously tried to stop thinking about this person, but it's been very difficult. And to top it off, he's definitely NOT someone people would find attractive. I feel more attracted to his spirit than anything else. Could we be connected in some way? This has actually turned out to be quite a problem for me. I also haven't told anyone about this because it's a wee-bit embarrassing, so any help is appreciated. Thanks!

You were touched by the music and want to get closer to the source of the art to find out where it springs from. Everything is better live. A photo of the grand canyon shows minimal grandeur. Everyones personalities are attracted to different traits. The fact that your born on the same day likens the possibility that your attracted to the same sounds, feelings, words etc. I don't believe you would be soul mates but it isn't too hard to believe your personality traits are similar and can work much the same as magnets. Either pro or con. I'm born on the 25/10. I would cut my ear off to show my dedication to a point I'm trying to prove before I present it to a prostitute

Cassea took the word right out of my mouth, "Infatuated," which is very common among people to feel so toward musicians. They're a form of artist, and their work often reaches another's heart; mostly to those who truly appreciate the spirit of such.

Edited by xTc i_i
  • Like 1

It's not hard to see ones self in many things but remember you must find yourself. Step away from the nostalgia and look to the outside from within. Things will become clearer. Use the inspiration to make your own music however that may be.

I get excited when i hear my fav bands and their music. The nostalgia of your own memories is what will drive you. Peace. :)

Edited by xCrimsonx
  • Like 1