Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

U.S. Fire Arms laws and regulations

guns control regulations ammo constitutional rights

• Please log in to reply
600 replies to this topic

#301    dmurdock36

dmurdock36

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

I give up I cant fix stupid, I tell you what I will give up my gun rights when you can guarantee me that nobody else will have guns either including criminals. Otherwise I am going to protect my home and family the best way I know how. Just as a side note there was a shooting today in texas at a theatre however luckily there was an off duty deputy there that had a gun and pumps four rounds into the idiot and only one other person was shot and nobody died.

#302    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,449 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 17 December 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

Yes.,, I blame the gun owner, just as I would blame a car owner who leaves his car with the key in the ignition, the car gets stolen and somebody killed.

If you leave a gun lying around so a killer can take it, in my eyes you are just as responsible for the homicide as the guy pulling the trigger. No matter if that place is under your pillow, in your nightstand or on the coffee table.

Wow, you change chit up so you can try to sound good....Good thing most people read everything.

You blame gun owners, EVEN WHEN GUNS ARE LOCKED UP !!!!!!!

If you can not blame them, you blame the Safe Manufacturer......

Yet, I have yet to see you blame the damn root cause.....THE CRIMINALS STEALING THE GUNS!!!!!!!!

I have to agree, what a joke.....I am done also, read below my avatar.....You win.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#303    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,745 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

View PostSakari, on 17 December 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

Wow, you change chit up so you can try to sound good....Good thing most people read everything.

You blame gun owners, EVEN WHEN GUNS ARE LOCKED UP !!!!!!!

If you can not blame them, you blame the Safe Manufacturer......

Yet, I have yet to see you blame the damn root cause.....THE CRIMINALS STEALING THE GUNS!!!!!!!!

I have to agree, what a joke.....I am done also, read below my avatar.....You win.

You started the complaining because you were complaining that somebody stole your guns out of your safe. If you would have had a safe, and that properly installed and the key not hanging besides it. it would hardly have been worth for any criminal to break into to it to get a few guns. And certainly he could not have accomplished that in the few hours you were away.

A safe is a device that fulfills the following industrial norms:

Underwriters association said:

Although not all safes are Residential Security Container certified by Underwriters Laboratories, many gun safes meet UL RSC requirements. To earn RSC certification, a gun safe must be able to withstand five minutes of continuous assault by a safecracker using conventional safe-breaking tools such as 3-pound hammers, 18-inch crowbars and high-speed electric drills equipped with quarter-inch steel carbine bits.

Read more: Gun Safe Regulations | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/...l#ixzz2FLBn9Wag

Everything else is a metal cabinet. And even if the bloke has drilled a hole in your safe within five minutes the safe is still not open because it requires the removal of the complete lock to accomplish that. And that is a job for many hours.

The bottom line is that all proponents of "no gun regulations" don't want to accept that having a gun carries responsibility, and that most owning a gun fall way short of it.

Time to grow up and admit you fault in the story, not just to blame somebody else.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#304    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,449 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 17 December 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

You started the complaining because you were complaining that somebody stole your guns out of your safe. If you would have had a safe, and that properly installed and the key not hanging besides it. it would hardly have been worth for any criminal to break into to it to get a few guns. And certainly he could not have accomplished that in the few hours you were away.

A safe is a device that fulfills the following industrial norms:

Everything else is a metal cabinet. And even if the bloke has drilled a hole in your safe within five minutes the safe is still not open because it requires the removal of the complete lock to accomplish that. And that is a job for many hours.

The bottom line is that all proponents of "no gun regulations" don't want to accept that having a gun carries responsibility, and that most owning a gun fall way short of it.

Time to grow up and admit you fault in the story, not just to blame somebody else.

My God, you are dumb....Sorry, never said that here, but you are. I told you I posted the story in a reply, and in a reply surrounded by your replies....If you are to lazy to read it, oh well, your issue.

All of your assumptions are way off of what happened, and I am not repeating posts here because some people do not even read them, or read what they want.....

I am done....Have fun.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#305    Maizer

Maizer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

View Postdmurdock36, on 17 December 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

I give up I cant fix stupid, I tell you what I will give up my gun rights when you can guarantee me that nobody else will have guns either including criminals. Otherwise I am going to protect my home and family the best way I know how. Just as a side note there was a shooting today in texas at a theatre however luckily there was an off duty deputy there that had a gun and pumps four rounds into the idiot and only one other person was shot and nobody died.

This is probably a lot of peoples thoughts. Unfortunately since having a deputy in every kindergarten is impossible, much less one armed enough to take on Adam Lanza's assault rifle, 30 round mags, bulletproof vests, and element of surprise, we have to consider alternatives.

I'd say a carefully planned process of removing guns from society would be ideal. Allow only a single handgun or assault rifle per home, to protect against intruders while banning and removing excess assault rifles and automatics. Once we are reasonably assured that almost all are removed, remove assault rifles, and only allow single handguns, Gradually get down to removing guns from society, replacing them with taser guns or whatever non-lethal but effective tools. Invent them if necessary. Throw a 100 million dollar award to the inventors, I don't care.

#306    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,449 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

View PostMaizer, on 17 December 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

This is probably a lot of peoples thoughts. Unfortunately since having a deputy in every kindergarten is impossible, much less one armed enough to take on Adam Lanza's assault rifle, 30 round mags, bulletproof vests, and element of surprise, we have to consider alternatives.

I'd say a carefully planned process of removing guns from society would be ideal. Allow only a single handgun or assault rifle per home, to protect against intruders while banning and removing excess assault rifles and automatics. Once we are reasonably assured that almost all are removed, remove assault rifles, and only allow single handguns, Gradually get down to removing guns from society, replacing them with taser guns or whatever non-lethal but effective tools. Invent them if necessary. Throw a 100 million dollar award to the inventors, I don't care.

How about a plan to get crime lowered?.....That is the issue.....Not gun owners.

I have never shot a duck, a deer, a chukar with a tazer gun......And I would hate to be protecting my home with a Tazer, against some crack heads with guns.

Edited by Sakari, 17 December 2012 - 08:35 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#307    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

I'd say a carefully planned process of removing guns from society would be ideal.
that would be not anywhere close to ideal.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#308    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,449 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hey, how about the Government stop spending money in stupid places, legalize marijuana, tax it, use the money ( and the money saved from places taxes should not go ) to fund more Police, and drug rehabs......First, get the police that were laid off back, and then hire more.

People need to start looking at the real problem, and stop skipping reality.

Reality is, criminals cause crimes, and they are the problem.......Get rid of this, at least get it as low as possible, and people will not be stealing guns and using them. ( as much )

Then, the US can be at around the same percentage per capita as the UK, and other places ( that also allow guns )

DUI's ( driving under the influence )  kill more people then murder, by far........Why is no one crying about banning alcohol???????
?

In 2010, 211 children were killed in drunk driving crashes. Out of those 211 deaths, 131 (62 percent) were riding with the drunk driver..............

Damn bartenders!.....If they were more responsible with their drinks, this would not happen.

Edited by Sakari, 17 December 2012 - 08:43 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#309    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,745 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

I don't think there is a reason to infringe on the right of owning guns. But there is a reason to point out that every right comes with an obligation, and that is keeping harm from others.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#310    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

I
you missing big picture, it doesn't take guns, in deputy hands, inside every school, but it would not hurt.it takes balls, something america has shortage off. remember nyc train incedent few weeks ago?
in israel guards will jump on a person with suicide vest, to stop him, it happened before, they know they might get blown up, yet they still do it.  i doubt many americans would have balls to do that. ppl didn't even have balls to pull a guy back on the platform, before train killed him, but they sure had time to take numerous pictures. and than sell it.
that is the problem with america, not guns.

Edited by aztek, 17 December 2012 - 08:48 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#311    Maizer

Maizer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

View PostSakari, on 17 December 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

How about a plan to get crime lowered?.....That is the issue.....Not gun owners.

I have never shot a duck, a deer, a chukar with a tazer gun......And I would hate to be protecting my home with a Tazer, against some crack heads with guns.

Like I said, gradually remove guns starting with the most powerful, until chances of murderers breaking into your homes with automatics are very, very low.

And as you say, inventing a non-lethal alternative to a handgun is critical. If we can invent a taser gun that can shoot 15 rounds up to fifty feet and deliver a shock through heavily padded winter jackets, that should be a start.

#312    Maizer

Maizer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 17 December 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

I don't think there is a reason to infringe on the right of owning guns. But there is a reason to point out that every right comes with an obligation, and that is keeping harm from others.

Except for some very few circumstances, there is no reason to own these lethal weapons except to protect against others with lethal weapons. Thats why we have to remove them all, or arm everyone.

Edited by Maizer, 17 December 2012 - 08:47 PM.

#313    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,449 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

View PostMaizer, on 17 December 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

Like I said, gradually remove guns starting with the most powerful, until chances of murderers breaking into your homes with automatics are very, very low.

And as you say, inventing a non-lethal alternative to a handgun is critical. If we can invent a taser gun that can shoot 15 rounds up to fifty feet and deliver a shock through heavily padded winter jackets, that should be a start.

When did I say that?

I am curious, if you do not mind, go back and look at my reply regarding alcohol.....I posted at the same time as 3 others, it got buried....I am really curious about that.

http://www.unexplain...00#entry4584330

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#314    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,745 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostMaizer, on 17 December 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

Except for some very few reasons, there is no reason to own these lethal weapons except to protect against other with lethal weapons. Thats why we have to remove them all, or arm everyone.

If 85% of the guns used for crimes (about 15% are stolen) would not be sold or traded by "honorable" citizens to criminals there would be hardly any need to arm anybody.

about me

#315    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

View PostMaizer, on 17 December 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

, there is no reason to own these lethal weapons except to protect against others with lethal weapons. .
i don't think you are in position to tell ppl what they need, it isn't your call, especially what you telling has no effect, it has been tried before, didn't work, 10 years assult rifles ban. colombine shooting happened during that ban.

RESIDENT TROLL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users