Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

U.S. Fire Arms laws and regulations

guns control regulations ammo constitutional rights

• Please log in to reply
600 replies to this topic

#601    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

spark

• 8,125 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

View PostSakari, on 19 December 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

Start worrying about the USA and not other Countries, spend the money here.

ALL the countries currently involved in war need to do this! Plus they need to forget about space travel, Hadron colliders etc etc ...... focus the money and the attention on their own citizens.

"End the struggle and DANCE with Life!"

#602    Purifier

Purifier

Psychic Eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

View Postouija ouija, on 19 December 2012 - 03:00 AM, said:

Thanks for the link ...... what a fascinating read! He most certainly wasn't a 'nutter' though, and I think a bit of a 'one off' because of his army background. No-one else has done anything similar(with a truck and explosives), have they?

I don't know, Ouija. To me he was nutter, because he took things too far. In some ways I could understand were he was coming from, some of his fears I mean, but there was no need to kill innocent people (specifically children) just to make a point. Wrong kind of action from my point of view.

As to your question: Well unfortunately yes, since then we've had a couple of attempted mass murders in the U.S. who've tried and failed. Yet, somehow by luck or chance, these vehicle bombs didn't go off. So thank god, the universe, or whatever, they didn't happen and kill anybody.

On April 20, 1999, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold planned to use two car bombs as the last act of the Columbine High School massacre, apparently to murder police and first responders. Both car bombs failed to explode, though Klebold's detonated at 11 PM instead 11 AM as planned, but no one was injured.

A car bomb which had misfired was discovered in Times Square, New York City on May 1, 2010. The bomb had been planted by Faisal Shahzad. Evidence suggests that the bombing was planned by the Pakistani Taliban.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_bomb

You'll haft scroll down a little bit to find them in the list, it's after McVeigh.

View Postdocyabut2, on 19 December 2012 - 03:12 AM, said:

Could `nt agree more we had a bunch of cougars in our yard that almost got our dog, so worried about the grandkids comming over ,we now go out with a gun handy :)

Oh Damn! That's scary as hell, man. Carry with you a Ka bar fighting knife for backup, as well. Those damn cougars are quick and sometimes it's hard to shoot one when it's already on top of you. They're sneaky b******* and like to pounce on you out of nowhere. I mean you don't even see them sometimes. :o

View PostAsteroidX, on 19 December 2012 - 03:16 AM, said:

Had a cougar cull our herd of geese a few years back. He hunted at night. I only saw him once up in a tree sittting there watching the geese. I live on the edge of a city.

You got a gun, right? Seriously, I know you got to have at least one.

And it's funny you should mention the part about the cougar sitting up in a tree. Had a lady tell me a while back, she saw one sitting up in a tree in her backyard. And she lives almost in the middle of the town, but in a quiet neighborhood. Said it was just sitting up there, staring at her, as she walked on by and was carrying groceries into the house from her car. She locked the door and called animal control, but it was gone by the time the police and animal control got there. The scary part, she said she would of never known it was up there when she got home, unless the next door neighbor's dog behind his fence hadn't been snarling, growling, barking, carrying on like something was extremely wrong. She just happened to look up at what he was barking at and there the damn thing was, sitting right in the tree, watching her.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#603    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:52 AM

Yeah I wouldnt of seen it but its tail was hanging down below a branch. Would have walked right under it.

#604    smurf0852

smurf0852

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

View PostSakari, on 19 December 2012 - 01:05 AM, said:

I have seen the soccer games :)

How come Soccer games have so many fights and riots, but USA baseball, football, and hockey ( college through the pro ranks ) this is pretty much a never happened or happens thing?

No guns at either, yet UK sporting events have more violence?.....Actually, as said, USA as far as I know, have none.
as I said the UK is a far more violent society.I have visited the USA a few times as well as Canada and I can never get over the fact that when you go in a bar in those places people actually speak to you and are friendly.90% of the time I walk in a bar in England it feels
like someone is going to smash a bottle over my head because my accent isn't local to the area or some other bloody stupid reason
I really am pleased our population can't easily get firearms.

#605    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

Then a hundred million gun owners who may be great with a gun might not be so good at chemistry. I don't know much about making ammo but that's a lot of gun powder in a lot of wrong hands. I'm not talking about making explosives, I'm talking about making explosives on accident or house fires at the leas

The Internet is like a fountain of knowledge Ive heard. Perhaps we could get a recipe there.

#606    F3SS

F3SS

Alien Abducter

• 5,421 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 19 December 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

The Internet is like a fountain of knowledge Ive heard. Perhaps we could get a recipe there.
Yea, but I'm just sayin. While guns take responsibility, they don't take science to operate. Making ammo takes chemistry. I'm a good shot but the only class I ever got an 'F' in high school was chemistry while I was generally well above average in most other classes. I'm sure it's really not that hard to make ammo but I'd rather most people get it factory made. Besides fires or explosions, many people could overload their shells which could be bad or make duds which could get them killed by a perpetrator when the gun doesn't fire. Instructions or not, there are bound to be many shoddy bullets made if everybody had to make their own.

Posted Image

#607    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

Well Im just saying Im a **** shot but a not too bad chemist. But yeah There was some rave about banning ammo. You should know me by now Im gonna hit that craptalk with the real world. You think a Black Kid 10 years old in Chicago cant put out 50# of military grade ammo on a moments notice. Thats what people are missing in this opicture odf Gun Control Talk. And I didnt bring up Florida Texas Arizona LA , The SOUTH, Washington, Colorado and whatever else you want to add.

Im just sayin gun control is bad idea.

#608    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,478 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

View Postsmurf0852, on 19 December 2012 - 12:48 AM, said:

yes we have a smaller population but we are packed in like sardines we als have a more violent society .look up assault rates drunken assaults and the like if we had gun laws like you it would be utter carnage .
i was in the army and worked with a lot of american soldiers and they said the same after witnessing a drunken night out with us .the british are hooligans .the single reason our murder rate is lower is we cant get guns .it really is that easy.

I could imagine the spectacle with ten blokes having concealed carry permits on a Friday out in Hackney :gun:

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#609    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

Its just a young heart Confusing My mind. I will never be your lover.

Its my 2nd Amendment
and every other Red Blooded American
because you failed
to follow
the recomendations of the founding fathers
to compulsory train every man
as we have correqural school
that wont be my problem
today.
I will be no matter what
you try to take away
I am the 1st Amendment
the 2nd Amendment protects me.
Try to take my rights away
you may get to feel me.

so please blow out all the candles like we are in a crime scene
I am the pulse of America.
I have red blood and I bleed too
Today I am innocent.
My hands are free.
I intend to keep them next to me.
Dont ever **** with me
because I am free.

Edited by AsteroidX, 19 December 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#610    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,273 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 19 December 2012 - 03:18 AM, said:

Only if we make stupid illegal at the same time

Some gun enthusiasts make there own bullets and can certainly relaod there own shells

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 19 December 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

Then a hundred million gun owners who may be great with a gun might not be so good at chemistry. I don't know much about making ammo but that's a lot of gun powder in a lot of wrong hands. I'm not talking about making explosives, I'm talking about making explosives on accident or house fires at the least.

That was sarcasm.....I thought obvious sarcasm.....I was not serious.....Was being facetious.....Was making a joke.....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#611    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,918 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

I'm sorry Sakari but we had a meeting and we all agreed to take everything you say at face value.

;)

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#612    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,273 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

View PostCorp, on 19 December 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

I'm sorry Sakari but we had a meeting and we all agreed to take everything you say at face value.

;)

:tu:

Thanks for that, needed a smile this morning :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#613    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Telekinetic

• 7,344 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 19 December 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

Its just a young heart Confusing My mind. I will never be your lover.

OK, is this set to some kind of rhythm?  Some kind of beat?  Maybe it's some new rap? :gun:

#614    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 11,838 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 17 December 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

Ehm, yes. And because there is no control people just disregard it, as we have just learned.

View Postquestionmark, on 17 December 2012 - 06:11 PM, said:

I would sue the safe manufacturer...unless you left the key hanging beside the safe as I do (but I never have anything worth stealing in there, it is just there to safeguard my papers in case of fire). Even cheap safes, properly mounted and filled with sand, cannot be opened without considerable work, to the point that it makes hardly any sense to start drilling it unless very desperate for a gun or you have Prince Albert's duel guns in there) . And a metal cabinet, even with a combination lock (mostly as cheap as the metal cabinet) is NOT a safe. It is a metal cabinet.
What you seem to be advocating is to lock away all weapons in such a way that they would be useless for their intended purpose (which I'm sure you understand) and if one does not do this they should be held criminally liable.  And when these episodes of mentally ill shooters still continue?  What then?  The next step, of course....  I fully believe that the owner should be held completely liable CRIMINALLY if a weapon they are in possession of is used to kill anyone.  It is a responsibility no different than say, drinking and driving. But gun control folks don't ultimately want responsibility - they want to control the rights of others to suit their own mores.  I think they are suckers carrying the water for the government in an effort to take away the 2nd amendment and I hope that if the day comes that law enforcement actually comes for the guns we will see a second American revolution.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#615    F3SS

F3SS

Alien Abducter

• 5,421 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 19 December 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

Well Im just saying Im a **** shot but a not too bad chemist. But yeah There was some rave about banning ammo. You should know me by now Im gonna hit that craptalk with the real world. You think a Black Kid 10 years old in Chicago cant put out 50# of military grade ammo on a moments notice. Thats what people are missing in this opicture odf Gun Control Talk. And I didnt bring up Florida Texas Arizona LA , The SOUTH, Washington, Colorado and whatever else you want to add.

Im just sayin gun control is bad idea.

View PostSakari, on 19 December 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

That was sarcasm.....I thought obvious sarcasm.....I was not serious.....Was being facetious.....Was making a joke.....
Asteroid, actually, I don't know you. This thread is the first I ever saw you and I understand the real world just fine thanks. I hope you haven't mistaken me for a liberal gun control fanatic. Calling me liberal would be bad enough in itself.
To both of you:
Firstly, I could really give two sh!ts about the side effects of banning ammo. I hope that never appens. I don't own a gun but if I did, I'd be the first ameteur chemist risking everything I mentioned. Second, nothing I said was unreasonable or worthy of a smart comment. This is an open conversation, I seen something someone said, and I understood the sarcasm, so I commemented on it and the possibilities of such an action.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users