Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

if evil welcomes evil...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,864 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 19 January 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

Is it possible that there is no hell and the people that sin and murder dont have any kind of punishment to look forward too after they die? I think that people just say " oh I hope he/she burns in hell " as more of a way to comfort themselfs, they may believe in a literal form of hell also. But for me I dont think there is a hell that you go to where you suffer after your death.  I remember watching this thing on Ted Bundy  and all of the people that came to sit outside of the prison when his time in the electric chair came.  I remember  in the video they had signs and where cheering on the death of this man, and the signs said things like ' your gonna burn in hell Ted '  and ' satan is your real father ' etc.  But I dont believe he is in hell burning, I think hes just dead...

I saw the comment that god is the only one that can bring real justice and I agree with that but why would a loving god  punish people, I would assume death would be punishment enough... But those are just my views on the matter.

On thing, if there is no afterlife, and yes there may not be, though I do have faith.  No afterlife, then there is no justice in point of fact.  If no afterlife, then we live in a world were 'evil' wins out.  There can be no balance and the desire that humans have for justice will go forever unaswered.

If morality is truly subjective, then it does not matter what we do in reality.....the only consequence is getting caught.  To kill or love is equal, it depends on what one desires to do.  I don't believe that of course.  We are commanded to love one another because it is in fact hard to do, perhaps impossible without grace.  By love I mean to love those truly "other".

As my friend doug likes to state:  "If I have a conversation with a humanist and he gives me his take on morality, I may agree with him, but what if I don't(?)......good and evil is subjective".

Peace
Mark

#17    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

View Postmarkdohle, on 19 January 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

Well that is until something evil happens to you.  Say someone you love is hurt, killer or worse by another human.  The fact that we desire justice seems to point to some kind of objective morality.

Peace
mark

Some see killing as justice under certain circumstances so a conflict immediately arises about who is right,and all challengers of the idea will not go quietly.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#18    Raven_Tear

Raven_Tear

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

• Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

Two wrongs don't make a right. It's as simple as that.

#19    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

this a political thread ?

#20    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

The whole evil is subjective statement bothers me because I think most of us can agree on the fact that what Hitler did was evil

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users