Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China: Man Stabs 22 Children and 1 Adult

Left-Field

A knife-wielding man injured 22 children and one adult outside a primary school in central China as students were arriving for classes Friday, police said, the latest in a series of periodic rampage attacks at Chinese schools and kindergartens.

The attack in the Henan province village of Chengping happened shortly before 8 a.m., said a police officer from Guangshan county, where the village is located.

The attacker, 36-year-old villager Min Yingjun, is now in police custody, said the officer, who declined to give her name, as is customary among Chinese civil servants.

It was not clear how old the injured children were, but Chinese primary school pupils are generally 6-11 years old.

A notice posted on the Guangshan county government's website confirmed the number of injured and said an emergency response team had been set up to investigate the attacks.

• Like 2

This happened the same day as the Connecticut elementary school shooting in which 20 children were killed. I just couldn't believe a similiar thing occurred on the same day in China.

Thankfully no one died in this attack, but it's no less disturbing.

I know there are crazy, rotten, evil people in this world, but I don't understand what makes them go after young children. And not just one, but to actually target numerous amounts of them.

Edited by Left-Field
  • Like 3

What is also really sad is the fact that no lobbist for suppression of the second amendment is commenting here.

all guns are used for is ending lives.

knives are tools, their uses are far more varied - it's called having perspective.

all guns are used for is ending lives.

knives are tools, their uses are far more varied - it's called having perspective.

Also matter of perspective, guns are used to save lives.

why? we will never probably know but what we do know is this is a sad time for parents globally when losing a child or having there child hurt in senseless violence.....my heart and thoughts are with all involved in both tragedies and it just makes me sad to think it can happen so easily anywhere ... :cry:

Also matter of perspective, guns are used to save lives.

...by killing or hurting others.

And in a situation where a gun is used to save a life, there is usually another gun already involved that is causing harm to another (or a group) already.

So what would you do if someone was shooting people and there was no responsible person with a gun that uses it in an honorable way?

Anything can be used to kill someone. Like this fellow here, he killed 22 kids, 2 kids more than the person who had a gun here in America.

Until people expand and also care for those who might commit these crimes instead of just calling them monsters and being mad, nothing will change. Care more about others if you want to make a difference.

• Like 1

No. None of the children died.

Sorry I misread, but there is a potential to kill 22 children. Knives can be just as deadly as guns.

Anything can be used to kill someone. Like this fellow here, he killed 22 kids, 2 kids more than the person who had a gun here in America.

You didn't read things thoroughy. None of the people this man attacked died. They were injured, but none are dead.

This simple fact goes 100% against the point you attempted to make and falls in favor of those who state how harmful guns are.

And for what it's worth, for as much as I dislike guns and believe they serve no good purpose, I'm not someone who feels the right to own them should be taken away. I do feel that far greater measures should be taken in regards to how they are obtained, which types of weapons can be owned, and some kind of laws put in place concerning people carrying concealed weapons - and weapons in general - in public places.

That said, if I had my way, guns wouldn't exist at all. It's far too late to try and correct that problem though.

• Like 1

Sorry I misread, but there is a potential to kill 22 children. Knives can be just as deadly as guns.

Knives are a close combat weapon. People have a chance to get away. There really is no comparison.

I think the message couldn't be clearer between these two stories.

Chinese man attacks 20+ kids, no one dies.

American man attacks 20+ ALL DIE.

Both are horrific acts, but the fact is that GUNS DO kill people.

I've been a 2nd Amendment advocate all my life, but I think it's time to start seriously rethinking that.

• Like 2