Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

very brave FSA fighter

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    the-Unexpected-Soul

the-Unexpected-Soul

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

Posted Image

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

He's only 17 years old

Miss me?

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,402 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Being willing to take a bullet for a stranger is an incredible act of self sacrifice.  I've heard and read that fighting in war causes some people to become their best.  I just saw that, I think.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#4    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

View Postand then, on 15 December 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

Being willing to take a bullet for a stranger is an incredible act of self sacrifice.  I've heard and read that fighting in war causes some people to become their best.  I just saw that, I think.
That vid made the news here in NY.That's how I knew he was only 17 .She died too.....
sighs

Miss me?

#5    EllJay

EllJay

Government Agent

• 3,432 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Brave kid!!
And low-life, scumsucking, SOB-snipers are the most cowardly action a man can take on.
Same ***** was happening in Bosnia were snipers laid in some bushes, or up in some house, picking of civilians in the city. Cowards.

"Opinions are like a**holes - everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#6    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

So brave!! :tu:

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

#7    the-Unexpected-Soul

the-Unexpected-Soul

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 15 December 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

He's only 17 years old

Surly he seems older than that at first sight

Posted Image

#8    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 14,414 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

Let's not glamorize war here.   War causes tragedy, death, and desperation.  Responding to that tragedy and death are acts of incredible courage and sacrifice.   But the war is incidental not necessary.  It merely provides an "opportunity", the same way 9/11 did.  This young man would have responded the same to other stressful and life-ending tragedies as well.   It doesn't take a war to make a gunman, nor do horrific tragedies need anything to do with guns.

Speaking of courage, Arwa Damon must be the bravest news reporter alive today.   She always travels to the hot spots and lives there so she can give us reports like this one.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#9    the-Unexpected-Soul

the-Unexpected-Soul

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

gotta say i felt sad for the son

Posted Image

#10    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• 6,775 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

I've heard and read that fighting in war causes some people to become their best.

But most to become their worst...

#11    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 24,978 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 16 December 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

But most to become their worst...

Yes, because war makes good people better and bad people worse. It can’t turn an ******* into a good person or vice versa, it merely works with what you already have. Just like any other extreme situation, the longer it lasts, the more of true you emerges... *rant withheld*

Posted Image

Have I ever lost the plot while reading one of your posts?
The will to live maybe, but not the plot...  -  Junior Chubb

#12    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 14,414 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

Sounds like the attitude of someone who's won some wars in their day.  

War changes who people are.  War changes the "truth".  It doesn't shepherd anyone to it.   It only provides an opportunity for us to express ourselves in violent ways.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#13    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 24,978 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

View PostYamato, on 17 December 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

Sounds like the attitude of someone who's won some wars in their day.  

War changes who people are.  War changes the "truth".  It doesn't shepherd anyone to it.   It only provides an opportunity for us to express ourselves in violent ways.

In case that was meant for me:

I won no war in my day, but my brothers won it. I just was on the same front line with them because my house and our hospital happened to be at said ****en front line.
Anyone who has a problem with my violence should have stopped the original violence being unleashed on me. Using power of persuasion backed up by inspirational quotes.  

So when I say war doesn’t change people, I talk about me, my family and my friends. Even my husband’s dog, who remained happy little friendly b******. She experienced more artillery attacks than average career soldier, but she didn’t turn into pit-bull or werewolf.

War didn’t change us. It made us realise who we are, though.
War didn’t change the truth I live with. It added some horrors to it, though.

Feel free to quote me.

Posted Image

#14    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 14,414 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 17 December 2012 - 05:59 PM, said:

In case that was meant for me:

I won no war in my day, but my brothers won it. I just was on the same front line with them because my house and our hospital happened to be at said ****en front line.
Anyone who has a problem with my violence should have stopped the original violence being unleashed on me. Using power of persuasion backed up by inspirational quotes.  

So when I say war doesn’t change people, I talk about me, my family and my friends. Even my husband’s dog, who remained happy little friendly b******. She experienced more artillery attacks than average career soldier, but she didn’t turn into pit-bull or werewolf.

War didn’t change us. It made us realise who we are, though.
War didn’t change the truth I live with. It added some horrors to it, though.

Feel free to quote me.
That's what I thought.  If you had lost the war, you'd be under the control of your enemy and you wouldn't be able to say that war didn't change the truth you live with.   That's just a matter of perspective, not a universal truth.

#15    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 24,978 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostYamato, on 17 December 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

That's what I thought.  If you had lost the war, you'd be under the control of your enemy and you wouldn't be able to say that war didn't change the truth you live with.   That's just a matter of perspective, not a universal truth.

I’m tempted to nitpick, but let’s not philosophise too much in a thread that rightfully belongs to astonishingly brave young man, may peace come very soon to him and his folk.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users