Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

Secret Caves under the Pyramids

• Please log in to reply
902 replies to this topic

#46    cladking

cladking

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,942 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Incredibly Hawass said in 2009 that he knows everything there is to know about the Giza
Plateau back in 2009.  He used this statement to preface the statement that there are no
caves on the Giza Plateau.  At the time he made the statement he was covered with mud
from a... ...you guessed it... ...cave on the Giza Plateau.  At the time this occurred I pointed
out the illogic right here on thois site and reminded people that good theory makes good
predictions and bad theory makes bad predictions.  learning to make good predictions is
why witch doctors, religious leaders and scientists all  plied their craft.  Bad predictions say
bad science.  Life is balance in the pursuit of truth as the Egyptians learned and lived.  It
is not turning a blind eye to ignorance.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#47    Dontlisten2me

Dontlisten2me

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

You know if the Pyramids were built in around 30 years+ a lot of those guys would of died. What's the point of getting paid? I hope the towns built by the Pyramids were nice and had everything to offer. Beer was found there I heard. Hopefully a lot of women too. Teenagers would of probably had to stay with there families and mother to help while dad went away to drink beer and build Pyramids. Dad gets a hangover from the other night on his day off and builds Pyramids when he wakes up. Thankfully there's protein in beer. Beer made the Pyramids.

Edited by kampz, 18 December 2012 - 11:26 PM.

#48    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,661 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

View Postcladking, on 18 December 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

Possible caves?!!!!??

How much evidence is needed before you can say there are caves here?  Does a hole
in the ground have to be peer reviewed before it's a hole in the ground?  Gating up a
hole in the ground and putting a gaurd on it doesn't make it less than a hole in the ground.
Unless the hole in the ground is a well, or a tomb, or a storage tunnel, or a quarry.

So long as we are are on the subject are you aware that they've been filling other holes in
the ground at Giza with concrete?  They are destroying evidence almost daily in their zeal
to find ramps and bumpkins which never existed.  If that huge hole on the east side of the
pyramid that was used to load sleds weren't so big they'd probably fill it in as well.
Really? I'd like to read about that. Do you have a resource?

Maybe they are doing it for safety sake? I've heard people have leaned out way over various fences to get pics of the various holes and some fell in.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#49    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,661 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

View Postkampz, on 18 December 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

What's the point of getting paid?
Why does anyone go to Work? To get resources to raise a family....

It is why I go to work. You could probably afford to raise 15 kids in 30 years if you were a Pyramid laborer/mason. While a similarly aged farmer probably could only afford to raise half that many.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#50    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,661 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

I found this cool pic...
Posted Image

Tomb of the Birds is no where near the pyramids. Looks like 1.5 km away.

Even Collins' own site calls it the TOMB of the Birds. Not the Cave of the Birds. Tomb......

Edit: The layout of the mysterious cave system....
Posted Image

I like how it says, "Not to scale", so that if it comes out that the "caves" are only 20 meters long, or even 40 meters long, and not hundreds of meters long, that it can be claimed that the map was not to scale.

Looks like other pics show the tomb being a lot closer...

Posted Image

I did not know that radar from high altitude could detect tiny underground tunnels. And if this is radar generated, then why is there a bright spot at the base of the great pyramid.

All pics off Andrew Collins site...
http://www.andrewcol...les/geology.htm

Edited by DieChecker, 19 December 2012 - 02:16 AM.

#51    Dontlisten2me

Dontlisten2me

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 19 December 2012 - 02:00 AM, said:

Why does anyone go to Work? To get resources to raise a family....
It is why I go to work. You could probably afford to raise 15 kids in 30 years if you were a Pyramid laborer/mason. While a similarly aged farmer probably could only afford to raise half that many.

I answered my own question with beer. I see where family comes in but it appears that people would die before going back to see them. So you're around 18 and leave your family to build Pyramids to get money to buy beer while you spend the rest of your life building Pyramids at the same build site. Life would be disappointing around there if these Pyramids took forever to build. We need to know how long it took to build. It's all time. Maybe the beer was free?

A lot of families had 15 kids no matter where you lived. They figured out how to get the job done and survived.

I always forget there's two other giant Pyramids and the town around it.

I know immigrants from the Middle East who come to America to make money and send back home. Most will visit there families multiple times in between their time spent in America or move back. Compare a immigrant who drives a truck living the 21st century life compared to a Egyptian spending his entire life doing hard labor at the same site.

If I was 18 and had to spend the rest of my life building Pyramids at the same site I say screw you King. Beer and probably the same tossed around prostitutes doesn't persuade me. I'll figure something out during the time my fields are flooded. I may check it out for a few months and make 20 dollars to bring back to my family. Does that get the job done on time though? If the beers free I'm there at least once a month.

Edited by kampz, 19 December 2012 - 03:16 AM.

#52    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,661 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

LOL!!

#53    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,627 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 19 December 2012 - 02:02 AM, said:

I found this cool pic...
Posted Image

Tomb of the Birds is no where near the pyramids. Looks like 1.5 km away.

Even Collins' own site calls it the TOMB of the Birds. Not the Cave of the Birds. Tomb......

Edit: The layout of the mysterious cave system....
Posted Image

I like how it says, "Not to scale", so that if it comes out that the "caves" are only 20 meters long, or even 40 meters long, and not hundreds of meters long, that it can be claimed that the map was not to scale.

Looks like other pics show the tomb being a lot closer...

Posted Image

I did not know that radar from high altitude could detect tiny underground tunnels. And if this is radar generated, then why is there a bright spot at the base of the great pyramid.

All pics off Andrew Collins site...
http://www.andrewcol...les/geology.htm

The only meaningful measurement of distance I've come across would be 100 - 120 meters. Since the tunnels/cave/whatever are said to run in a north/south direction it would look like this:

Attached File  Tomb of the Birds.jpg   116.48K   8 downloads

http://www.talkingpy...ins-giza-caves/

Needless to say this doesn't remotely match the natural faulting Collins believes the satellite photo suggests leads toward the northwestern corner of G2. Nor does it suggest the end of the tunnels are anywhere near G2.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#54    cladking

cladking

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,942 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 19 December 2012 - 03:57 AM, said:

Needless to say this doesn't remotely match the natural faulting Collins believes the satellite photo suggests leads toward the northwestern corner of G2. Nor does it suggest the end of the tunnels are anywhere near G2.

I'm not impressed by Andrew Collin's interpretation of the faulting either.  However there is
a cave here that Egyptologists have continually insisted didn't exist and now it's not being
excavated after its existence is proven.  I don't believe any prediction of its course, origin,
or outlets is very likely to be accurate at this time.

Since the ancient name of this place is "Mouth of Caves" one is to suspect that this is only
the tip of an iceberg as it were.

#55    Mangoze

Mangoze

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

View Postcladking, on 19 December 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

I'm not impressed by Andrew Collin's interpretation of the faulting either.  However there is
a cave here that Egyptologists have continually insisted didn't exist and now it's not being
excavated after its existence is proven.  I don't believe any prediction of its course, origin,
or outlets is very likely to be accurate at this time.

Since the ancient name of this place is "Mouth of Caves" one is to suspect that this is only
the tip of an iceberg as it were.
Zahi Hawass, in his blog, does not say the "Tomb of the Birds" does not exist.

#56    cladking

cladking

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,942 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

View PostMangoze, on 19 December 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

Zahi Hawass, in his blog, does not say the "Tomb of the Birds" does not exist.

In 2009 he said that he knew everything about Giza and that there are no caves.

He was wrong.

#57    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,611 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

View Postcladking, on 19 December 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

In 2009 he said that he knew everything about Giza and that there are no caves.

He was wrong.

He said "large caves". And seeing the "tomb of the birds" ten square feet cave, that was already mapped in 1934 I must agree with him that this had not changed.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#58    dreamland

dreamland

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

I had no chance to be in Egypt yet and see pyramids but i am more then sure that there is something underground. Either under the sphinx or pyramids. There is must  some evidence left by the builders of the pyramids or some secret knowledge...As far as Dr Hawass..he is a liar...  this is like us army denied that there was no 1947 roswell ufo crash....and everybody knew what really happened.. I do believe that the cave discovered by Collins has not been fully checked. There must be some opening into another tunnel or cave system.Whoever build pyramids was not stupid..If there is some secret knowledge underground i am sure there is...then they will do their best to hide the entrance to this underground chamber or whatever is there only only when we people gonna be ready to know this secret,then this will be the time,,and someone will eventually find this place and entrance.

#59    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,661 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

View Postdreamland, on 20 December 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

I had no chance to be in Egypt yet and see pyramids but i am more then sure that there is something underground. Either under the sphinx or pyramids. There is must  some evidence left by the builders of the pyramids or some secret knowledge...As far as Dr Hawass..he is a liar...  this is like us army denied that there was no 1947 roswell ufo crash....and everybody knew what really happened.. I do believe that the cave discovered by Collins has not been fully checked. There must be some opening into another tunnel or cave system.Whoever build pyramids was not stupid..If there is some secret knowledge underground i am sure there is...then they will do their best to hide the entrance to this underground chamber or whatever is there only only when we people gonna be ready to know this secret,then this will be the time,,and someone will eventually find this place and entrance.
If someone really wanted to get in there, it should not be too hard.
Posted Image

It does not appear to be locked in any meaningful way. A hammer or a crowbar should let you right in. I doubt this area is lit at night, so anyone should be able to walk right up to it.

#60    cladking

cladking

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,942 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 20 December 2012 - 01:57 AM, said:

IIt does not appear to be locked in any meaningful way. A hammer or a crowbar should let you right in. I doubt this area is lit at night, so anyone should be able to walk right up to it.

In 4700 years the cave might have accumulated hundreds of tons of bat guano.

You might be noticed hauling it out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users