Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

info wanted on historic account, Western Aus.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1    rampaging redneck

rampaging redneck

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

Gday folks.

I was doing some reading on stories regarding UFOs, aliens and similar phenomenon in my state of Western Australia and I came across one that got my interest.

The gist of it was that something, believed to be an alien came to a farmhouse in Mandurah, WA, some time in the 1930s, and asked the occupants for water. It was then shot to death by the terrified farmer.

Unfortunately, I can't find anything further than this, but I'll post links after I do some more Googling.

Does anybody else know of this story and can add more to it?

Thanks in advance :)

#2    rampaging redneck

rampaging redneck

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

Here's a link. Can't seem to find any sites putting more info toward the story

http://www.bibleufo.com/ufos901.htm

#3    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

Can't find anything about the 1930's, but Mandurah seems quite an active UFO 'hotspot' more recently.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#4    rampaging redneck

rampaging redneck

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

Really? I work in the peel region (and live in gnangara LOL) but was never really aware of that.

#5    xCrimsonx

xCrimsonx

Resident Vamp

• 5,249 posts

• The Vampire Lair
    http://paranormalborder.net/forum/3002966/
    "All Torque & No Traction"
    "Static - Cold"
    "GF,FO"
    "1"

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

View Postrampaging redneck, on 17 December 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

Really? I work in the peel region (and live in gnangara LOL) but was never really aware of that.

Gday mate. Hey do a search here on UM, there's been quite a few threads about UFO's in Oz and a couple if I remember correctly specifically from WA. They may lead you to some more relivent info.
Let's us know how ya go.  A to the Oie! :)

The Paranormal Border
The Vampire Club18+

http://forum.paranor...order.com/index
Posted Image

#6    rampaging redneck

rampaging redneck

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

Cheers mate! I'll give that a burl. I really only hang around the cryptozoology threads but this story has been driving me nuts for a while lol.

#7    e u n O i a

e u n O i a

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

an alien that speaks Australian? that is as scarce as rocking horse ****!

"excuse me bloke, I know I am about as welcome as a fart in a phone box and you look busier than a bricklayer in Beirut. Could I have some water? I am drier than a nuns nasty."

#8    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

View Postrampaging redneck, on 17 December 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

Sorry, I meant to post a link in #3. Can't find the damn thing now! I'll repost if I do locate it.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#9    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

OK. You live in Gnangara, a suburb in Perth. You work in the Peel Region, about 75 kms south of Perth. The city of Mandurah is in that region. I can't find any accounts of UFO activity specific to that town. Sorry.

#10    rampaging redneck

rampaging redneck

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

View Poste u n O i a, on 17 December 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

an alien that speaks Australian? that is as scarce as rocking horse ****!

"excuse me bloke, I know I am about as welcome as a fart in a phone box and you look busier than a bricklayer in Beirut. Could I have some water? I am drier than a nuns nasty."

Hahahaha Paul down under!

#11    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,995 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

I found this.  The article is down towards the middle of the page.  Posted Image

The world we live in

Edited by Hilander, 17 December 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#12    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

View PostHilander, on 17 December 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

I found this.  The article is down towards the middle of the page.  Posted Image

The world we live in

From the above article. 1930.
Australia. Small humanoid alien shows up at a farm in Mandurah, W.A., asking for water. Shot to death by terrified farmer. He later tells of nightmares and seeing flashes of light....commits suicide two years later. His wife later said " Ron was not the same person I knew before he met that "thing"..."I don't know what happened that night I was asleep at the time. I was woken up by the gunshots"...."all Ron told me was that there was an "intruder" on the farm"...."Ron told me he had never seen anything like it before...He said it looked like something from a science fiction movie...he would not talk about it and started drinking heavily...I became very worried about him... I could not talk to him anymore and we drifted apart..and then he suddenly shot himself..."

#13    BeyBey

BeyBey

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

View PostAntilles, on 17 December 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

OK. You live in Gnangara, a suburb in Perth. You work in the Peel Region, about 75 kms south of Perth. The city of Mandurah is in that region. I can't find any accounts of UFO activity specific to that town. Sorry.

You'll find here in WA a lot of people will work even over a 1,000kms from where they live :yes: well... FIFO workers that is I guess!

Very interesting story though, love going to Mandurah every once in a while for a bit of fishing :w00t:

"Dear Die-ary, I seem to be dead."  

#14    rampaging redneck

rampaging redneck

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

The fishing and more importantly the crabbing is great :)

One thing in that story that struck me as odd... the farmer described it as something out of a "science fiction" movie... in 1930?

Hopefully this story isn't a load of hogwash, I've been interested in.it for ages! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users