Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Westboro to Picket Sandy School [merged]

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#1    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,537 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

I know this has been mentioned in the thread about the shooting, but I think it needs its own thread, to get the word out.....Write congressmen, write Hells Angels, and most important.....

Write The Patriot Guard Riders: http://www.patriotguard.org/

Less than 48 hours after the Connecticut school shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT, which took place on Dec. 14, the Westboro Baptist Church is already making plans to picket. The Westboro Baptist Church is known for picketing and protesting at funerals across the country.
“Westboro will picket Sandy Hook Elementary School to sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment,”

http://www.examiner....nning-to-picket

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#2    Dredimus

Dredimus

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

Great Post Sakari. I don't have a like button on my phone lol

#3    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,767 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

Frankly, if their God kills children because of something people totally unrelated to them have done then I'd rather be an Atheist.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,950 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

If these people actually show up, I think there will be violence.  Emotions are much too raw and there's a chance that some of them will get beaten down.  While I believe they deserve anything they get - it still would be an unseemly event to happen as the citizens are trying to show their respect to these grieving families.  In a way, I think the spectacle of these protesters would be one offense too many.  They are vile and sub human IMO.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#5    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 16 December 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

Frankly, if their God kills children because of something people totally unrelated to them have done then I'd rather be an Atheist.

Now you understand how I feel and why I am a Atheist.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#6    Dredimus

Dredimus

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 16 December 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

Please keep in mind that these nut jobs do not reflect the beliefs of most/many/not even a fraction of the Christian faith.... I don't wish any physical harm to come to them... but I wouldn't mind if they just disappeared.

#7    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:27 AM

Westboro. Figures.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#8    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,355 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

I wouldn't mind for Westboro Baptist Church to disappear off the face of the earth.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#9    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,465 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

These sort of actions breed the kind of monsters that kill children.

ANYONE with a plaqard on that day "except their children" deserve a (expletive) smack in the side of the head.

Edited to add: I oppose violence.. But Freedom of speech in this case promotes it..

Edited by Professor T, 16 December 2012 - 05:58 AM.

#10    Arbenol

Arbenol

Psychic Spy

• 1,884 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

View Postand then, on 16 December 2012 - 05:19 AM, said:

If these people actually show up, I think there will be violence.  Emotions are much too raw and there's a chance that some of them will get beaten down.  While I believe they deserve anything they get - it still would be an unseemly event to happen as the citizens are trying to show their respect to these grieving families.  In a way, I think the spectacle of these protesters would be one offense too many.  They are vile and sub human IMO.

If they show up I think there should be violence.

Why has there never been a mass shooting at the Westboro church?

#11    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,767 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

View PostDredimus, on 16 December 2012 - 05:22 AM, said:

Please keep in mind that these nut jobs do not reflect the beliefs of most/many/not even a fraction of the Christian faith.... I don't wish any physical harm to come to them... but I wouldn't mind if they just disappeared.
I'm Catholic Dred, it's just those people disgut me, tar me by association and given the entire human race a bad name.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#12    doppleganger2015

doppleganger2015

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

• The more normal something appears to be
    The more insane it actually is.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

:no: They are a few passages short of a Scripture(or is it the other way around)?

#13    Daveisback

Daveisback

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

• "My God! It's full of stars!"

- Dave Bowman, 2001: A space Odyssey, 2010: Odyssey Two

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

If these nutbags disappeared off the face of the earth, I would not shed a tear!!

"If you're going to be worried every time the universe doesn't make sense, you're going to be worried every moment of every day for the rest of your natural life."
- G'Kar, Babylon 5

#14    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

View PostDredimus, on 16 December 2012 - 05:22 AM, said:

What do you mean not a fraction of the Christian belief?  Of course they are a fraction, maybe a small fraction, but still part of it    You have to remember one thing- There are such things as bad Christians and good Christians ..

A rotten apple can spoil the entire barrel  ..  I feel these Christian baptists do not give a flying monkeys  for the other Christians  looking bad..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#15    Dredimus

Dredimus

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 16 December 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

What do you mean not a fraction of the Christian belief?  Of course they are a fraction, maybe a small fraction, but still part of it    You have to remember one thing- There are such things as bad Christians and good Christians ..

A rotten apple can spoil the entire barrel  ..  I feel these Christian baptists do not give a flying monkeys  for the other Christians  looking bad..

I agree BM. I just didn't want everyone lumping this deranged group with the rest of main stream Christianity.  I myself don't qualify myself as any of these denominations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users