Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Westboro to Picket Sandy School [merged]

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#121    Norbert the Powerful

Norbert the Powerful

Now longer than ever!

• 28,554 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

View Postlittle_dreamer, on 21 December 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

Yes, they were protesting outside a Bon Jovi concert. I wasn't there but I heard about it.

Well, that's entirely understandable.

From that story, though.. "The Westboro Baptist Church from Topeka has gained notoriety in the past few years for showing up at the funerals of soldiers killed in action, arguing the military's tolerance of homosexuality brought about the soldiers' deaths."
So homosexuality was tolerated at the time of the Civil War, was it? WWI? WWII? Korea? Vietnam? I'm pretty sure there were a few soldiers killed in all those, too.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#122    AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

Think before you post.  Still need your coffee maybe ? C'mon to acknowledge that hate group is to empower them

#123    MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,509 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

I think people need to be aware of what the WBC really is... they're con men. A whole family of them. Well educated con men at that. They aren't really religious, they aren't as much of haters as they'd like you to believe. They are lawyers, the kind who give lawyers a bad name.

They have a few goals in mind... one is to tie the courts up. They DO have a vendetta against the Federal court system. Second, the only kind of praying they do is praying that some hothead will assault them or slander them. They are just hoping someone will violate THEIR civil rights so they can win a nice big judgement and maintain their nice little lifestyle and send more of their little criminal offspring to college.

They aren't a cult, they aren't a bunch of religious fanatics, they ARE lawyers and con men. Don't fall into their trap.

Edited by MissMelsWell, 22 December 2012 - 10:30 PM.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users