Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

World’s first 'gay bible' published

gay bible queen james bible

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,326 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

A book claiming to be the world's first 'gay bible' has been published to coincide with the debate on same-sex marriage.

Titled the 'Queen James Bible', its editors claim that it is a re-working of the King James Bible translated in a way that 'prevents homophobic misinterpretation of God's Word'.

'Homosexuality was first overtly mentioned in the Bible in 1946 in the Revised Standard Version. There is no mention of or reference to homosexuality in any Bible prior to this – only interpretations have been made', the book's official website said.

http://www.dailymail...-sentences.html

Posted Image

#2    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,082 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

"Queen James Bible" Hahahahahah !!!!!

Classic.

Edited by pallidin, 17 December 2012 - 08:08 PM.

#3    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

No anti-homosexual passages in the Bible until 1946? That's bull****. In that case, they must have only added Leviticus and the writings of Paul in the 40s...

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#4    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwít éoredmæcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

Can't wait for the PC edition of the Q'uran!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#5    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,100 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 17 December 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

A book claiming to be the world's first 'gay bible' has been published to coincide with the debate on same-sex marriage.

Titled the 'Queen James Bible', its editors claim that it is a re-working of the King James Bible translated in a way that 'prevents homophobic misinterpretation of God's Word'.

well, that's apprporiate in some ways, considering King James's fondness for a young man with a nice codpiece.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#6    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,050 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Pardon me for saying but I think
Posted Image

Posted Image

~MEH~

#7    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

This is Hilarious - Queen James Bible. Haha. They're celebrating it too, check out this video here at 2.51, they're positively thrilled.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#8    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

View PostStill Waters, on 17 December 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

'Homosexuality was first overtly mentioned in the Bible in 1946 in the Revised Standard Version. There is no mention of or reference to homosexuality in any Bible prior to this – only interpretations have been made', the book's official website said.

http://www.dailymail...-sentences.html

Yeah, well, big deal. As if it took any courage to produce a gay bible.

Now lets see if a publisher dares to come out with gay koran... and have his business burnt down.

I am not holding my breath.

The "gay community" complaining about Christianity is so barking up the wrong tree.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#9    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

I think anyone with an open mind going out to the internet to see the discussions by pro-gay web sites of the texts usually quoted as anti-homosexual can see that the biases against both gays and witches were introduced via questionable translations and some cases and by stupid interpretations in others.

The ancient world, including the Hebrews, had no concept of homosexuality as such.  They condemned temple prostitution, which sometimes had a homosexual component in the offerings, and some Bible authors (Paul comes to mind) were clearly uncomfortable about their own sexuality.  Pre-scientific societies tend to recognize the existence of transsexuals but not of the more ordinary homosexual who typically is able to hide his or her inclinations.

#10    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Why do they feel the need for a "Queen James" Bible?  There was no historical figure by the name of Queen James, it's mockery and ridicule of what many hold sacred as far as I'm concerned.  They are just making themselves look silly.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#11    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,552 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

what a captivating name !

"why should we not rely on Allah when he guided us our path . we shall certainly bear with patience all the hurt you may cause us. for those who want to put their trust in someone should put their trust in Allah.

#12    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 05 February 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

Why do they feel the need for a "Queen James" Bible?  There was no historical figure by the name of Queen James, it's mockery and ridicule of what many hold sacred as far as I'm concerned.  They are just making themselves look silly.
Maybe a little silly, but I think the idea is to take some of the sting out of words like "queen" by using them in such ways.  They've done much the same thing with "queer" rather successfully.  I think it's a better tactic than trying to get the use banned.

#13    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 05 February 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

Maybe a little silly, but I think the idea is to take some of the sting out of words like "queen" by using them in such ways.  They've done much the same thing with "queer" rather successfully.  I think it's a better tactic than trying to get the use banned.
Gay pride I can understand and respect but I still think this is flamebaiting those who do not see things as they do.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#14    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 05 February 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

Gay pride I can understand and respect but I still think this is flamebaiting those who do not see things as they do.

Even if it were, it is nothing compared to what the King James bible says about them, nor is it as bad compared to the hate and abuse they get from many religious people  ( including others ) over time for just being gay.. So calling it a Queen James bible might look like a mockery, but I say fair play to them..I see it more as a statement, taking a stand.. If they were to re-write the bible  to suit themselves, we can't say that has not been done before.. King James did it, so why not a Queen James?

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 05 February 2013 - 12:02 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#15    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 05 February 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

Well of course it is.  In Britain after an extensive campaign the words "retard" and "spastic" have been turned into totally banned expressions, even in hyperbolic or humorous use.  A man cannot refer to his mistake as, "What a retarded thing for me to do," without giving serious offense.  I rarely get to Britain and so was not aware of this, and learned the hard way.

When a word comes to be used insultingly, the way to deal with it is to take out the stinger, not kill the bee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users