Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

World’s first 'gay bible' published

gay bible queen james bible

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#181    David Henson

David Henson

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 126 posts

• "Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty." Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 07 February 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

As soon as the way others live start affecting the way I live my life, well, then I turn green, and you would not like me when I turn green.
Posted Image
Religions have effected the way we live, hence why am not in favour of them, but, for those who are religious and do not enforce it, fine....carry on, no problem with them, I am not going to spend my life holding grudges against people who have done nothing wrong but happen to follow the same religion as those who have.

YEAH!! You can't go wrong with a post if you are able to throw in a reference to the Incredible Hulk. I once played drums in a garage band who toyed with the possible name of the group being Lucifer Ferrigno. Of Course, my brother played bass and was a Mopar fanatic so I suggested the name Greasus Chrysler.

Both awesome names, I think.

Edited by David Henson, 08 February 2013 - 01:39 AM.

Posted Image

#182    David Henson

David Henson

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 126 posts

• "Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty." Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 07 February 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

The problem will never go away, even if Christians dropped that one sin...........Then if they did, how many more sins should they drop?   Should they place their bible up for a public vote and ask people to pick out what suits and they will adjust? Lets face it, if they did drop homosexuality as sinful, more people will start pointing out how other sins are too daft to  believe in ..There would be bugger all left of their bible if we all wanted Christians to take out the parts that we feel is wrong...

Exactly! That sums up this entire debate more than any post I have read in this thread, including my own.

Edited by David Henson, 08 February 2013 - 01:43 AM.

Posted Image

#183    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,917 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 07 February 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

The UK statues forbid communication which is hateful, threatening, abusive or insulting towards individuals based on their race, sexuality or faith.

Rewriting the Bible into a pinker version is insulting towards me as it is no doubt to most other Christains.
"Insulting" is such a subjective word, though.  For example, while I shake my head at how someone can mistranslate Romans 1 to somehow not be a comment against homosexuality, I (as a Christian) do not actually find it "insulting".

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#184    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,359 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

I have to say reading some of the stuff some of the Christians have posted that I'm so glad I was raised a Buddhist.  I don't really believe all of Buddhism, but at least I didn't have that Bible-born superstition about sex to deal with.

Buddhism tells us sex is one of many desires that can lead to suffering, but not that there is anything wrong with it in itself.

#185    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 08 February 2013 - 04:53 AM, said:

Buddhism tells us sex is one of many desires that can lead to suffering, but not that there is anything wrong with it in itself.

The way I view sex is simply that it's worldly, not spiritual. I don't care if it's homosexual or heterosexual, to me there is no sexuality in heaven and therefore it's just another simple worldly thing that's just not all that important. It's similar to food and sleep in the sense that our physical bodies need it but our spiritual ones don't. Therefore do what you can to nurish those worldly 'handicaps' in a safe and healthy way that doesn't involve hurting others or yourself. Simple as that.

To me that's the general rule for all sexuality, homosexual or not. I don't have the typical hatred toward homosexuals most Christians have. If one truly can't help their homosexuality, then whatever makes you feel most healthy, go for it. Otherwise, no. Just stick to nature...

As far as this "gay bible", that's just in my opinion editing to justify your own beliefs. It's just not needed in my opinion.

Edited by AquilaChrysaetos, 08 February 2013 - 05:07 AM.

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#186    David Henson

David Henson

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

I have to say reading some of the stuff some of the Christians have posted that I'm so glad I was raised a Buddhist.  I don't really believe all of Buddhism, but at least I didn't have that Bible-born superstition about sex to deal with.

Just having briefly been accustomed to your thought dreams in between I see you fixed upon nothing.

Posted Image

#187    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,917 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

Just so it's clear, I wasn't raised Christian.  I chose this path when I was about 20 years old.  And there is nothing wrong with sex.  It's a beautiful thing.  Within its proper context.  Like a fire in the fireplace burning merrily is a beautiful thing in winter, but starting the fire in your living room floor will burn the house down with you and your family inside it.

Edited by Paranoid Android, 08 February 2013 - 05:16 AM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#188    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,460 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 08 February 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

Just so it's clear, I wasn't raised Christian.  I chose this path when I was about 20 years old.  And there is nothing wrong with sex.  It's a beautiful thing.  Within its proper context.  Like a fire in the fireplace burning merrily is a beautiful thing in winter, but starting the fire in your living room floor will burn the house down with you and your family inside it.
You are a christian, I am not religious, but your starting a fire bit is good,  like I have said before, to me there is nothing wrong with being gay, but if they want to start a fire, do not do it on the middle of a church which does not want it, because they will only keep putting it out.
But as a non religious person, I do think that religions have started enough fires of their own in the past in other peoples sittingrooms.
Peace. :yes:

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#189    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsuitable for large vehicles

• 25,023 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

View PostDavid Henson, on 08 February 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

Since it is increasingly politically correct to accept homosexuality there is a concentrated effort to stamp out homophobia wherever it appears, so naturally there is an attempt to influence acceptance in Christianity. The reason there has been no effort of a divisive sect is twofold, 1. There is a substantial percentage of gays within the various sects, and 2. Anyone who is honest about what the guidelines of the Bible dictate, whether gay or not, are well aware of the obvious regulations against it.

If you are gay and you are going to form some sort of a spiritual or even secular movement it would be pointless, in fact almost counterproductive. People get hung up on sociopolitical agendas, much like the Christians with homosexuality and abortion and a small percentage of gay activists who want to make everyone think and act like they do.

The Bible's stance on homosexuality isn't a minor issue.
You mean Leviticus? Why is that an obvious regulation applicable to Christians? Was any of Leviticus aimed at Christians? of course it wasn't, there were no Christians for about a thousand years after it was written.. Why is Leviticus accepted unquestioningly as obvious regulations applicable to Christians? Because it's in the Bible? Circular argument. Because Paul mentioned it in passing? Do his opinions trump those of Jesus, then? In fact, when he mentioned that subject (in passing), he wasn't even talking about anything to do with what Jesus said about anything, or his interpretation of what Jesus talked about. So why are these taken, unquesitoningly, as regulations in the Bible? Leviticus does not apply to Christians; Paul's opinions in this area were nothing to do with his opinions about Jesus. (It's a question in itself why Paul's opinions on everything under the sun have been given equal, if not greater, weight that anything in the Gospels.)
I'm afraid The Bible's stance on homosexuality is a minor issue, since it was only mentioned in passing a couple of times, and Jesus, him who keeps being forgotten whenever "Christians" talk about the teachings of the Bible, said nothing about it at all. Should Christianity not primarily and overwhelmingly be about the views and teachings of Jesus? Not Paul or the ancient writers of the law for the Jewish people?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#190    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,359 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostDavid Henson, on 08 February 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

Just having briefly been accustomed to your thought dreams in between I see you fixed upon nothing.
Is this supposed to be a put-down?  It sure comes across that way.

#191    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsuitable for large vehicles

• 25,023 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 08 February 2013 - 04:39 AM, said:

"Insulting" is such a subjective word, though.  For example, while I shake my head at how someone can mistranslate Romans 1 to somehow not be a comment against homosexuality, I (as a Christian) do not actually find it "insulting".
But why does his opinion carry so much weight? was he talking about what Jesus said about it? He wasn't, because Jesus never did say anything. Why does Jesus get so little attention? Is Christiabity not (supposed to be) based on the life and teachings of Jesus as presented in canonical gospels and other New Testament writings.? Of course, Paul should come under those other New Testament writings, but why does everything he said have equal or greater importance than anything Jesus said?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#192    euroninja

euroninja

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

• John 14:16
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 08 February 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

You mean Leviticus? Why is that an obvious regulation applicable to Christians? Was any of Leviticus aimed at Christians? of course it wasn't, there were no Christians for about a thousand years after it was written.. Why is Leviticus accepted unquestioningly as obvious regulations applicable to Christians? Because it's in the Bible? Circular argument. Because Paul mentioned it in passing? Do his opinions trump those of Jesus, then? In fact, when he mentioned that subject (in passing), he wasn't even talking about anything to do with what Jesus said about anything, or his interpretation of what Jesus talked about. So why are these taken, unquesitoningly, as regulations in the Bible? Leviticus does not apply to Christians; Paul's opinions in this area were nothing to do with his opinions about Jesus. (It's a question in itself why Paul's opinions on everything under the sun have been given equal, if not greater, weight that anything in the Gospels.)
I'm afraid The Bible's stance on homosexuality is a minor issue, since it was only mentioned in passing a couple of times, and Jesus, him who keeps being forgotten whenever "Christians" talk about the teachings of the Bible, said nothing about it at all. Should Christianity not primarily and overwhelmingly be about the views and teachings of Jesus? Not Paul or the ancient writers of the law for the Jewish people?
It applies to Christians because Jesus Christ is the continuation of the OT ,but is Leviticus God's words or humans' agenda? Pork and shirmps are bad, and slavery is okay. It's a no brainer. I'm Christian because I follow Jesus Christ. I don't believe in Paul, a self appointed apostle. I'm amazed how the writings of Paul made it in the Bible. Jesus Christ never said anything negative about gays. We're both preaching to choir.

Man plans and God laughs.

#193    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

View Postshadowhive, on 08 February 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

Second you make that sound like it's a bad thing. It wouldn't be.

If we were to pick out the parts of the bible we didn't like, and left bugger all for Christians to follow, then we would be stripping Christians of their rights to follow their faith... Who is anyone to do that?   We don't like it done to ourselves   I cannot ever belong to Christianity, I don't like it, I don't agree with it, but there is no way in hell I will ever want to strip them from their beliefs all because I find a few things wrong... I am not that arrogant and self centred..

No, I didn't make a blunder.   

You did when you mentioned terrorists, later to realize you would freeze up when facing one, so after realising that, you moved your goal posts..

Here i the quetion again: If someone (terrorist, mad man or average Joe is trying to kill someone, do you let them get on with it even if they have justification?   

If it were a terrorist, I would like to, but I know the chances are, that terrorist would kill me for trying..
Mad man - likely the same thing..  Only hope I would have against him, is to be armed myself and take him out first..
Average Joe who lost his marbles, that one would be a lot easier..I likely wouldn't need to be armed, I would talk to him and see how we can sort it out   There is a difference in these killers..Ones you don't go near, ones you would need back up  and ones you can talk them down...

Ah but I've not let it fester.

What I mean is, when you read things you don't like, you do allow them to build up inside you, until one day you see an opportunity and you unleash what is built up.. Even if it means raising the same things you see mentioned by Christians, you will keep bringing them up and up and up..You wont let it go, it just builds up.. You prove that every time to battle people like PA..

I agree we post in our free time and yet I'm critised for it

I never criticize you for it, I did mention you spend time doing it and pointed out that we all do in our free time..  If you really felt strongly for a cause  you would not allow anything to get in your way...It's the same if you have your heart set on building your own business.. You will go to all lengths to get what you need and you will stop at nothing..

Various ways, possibly similar to what I do

There are people who feel so strongly for a cause  like - The starving children in Africa.. They will gather funds and what they need and fly over there to do what they can.. That is just one.. To them, I doubt they say, I can only do that if I lived in a city.. They would do it no matter where they lived..

Well as 'fun' as this is (and I use that term quite wrongly this'll likely be my last reply to you. Not because I'm 'letting you win' before you start, but because I'm going to be away for the weekend and so won't be back properly until Monday (and even then, I'm away for the better part of the day), at which time I doubt either of us will particularly want to keep this going. If you do, be my qest, but like I said, I won't be able to respond so don't be surprised whn I don't.   

Oh I know you'll be back to continue, and it's not about winning, it's about getting your point across

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 08 February 2013 - 11:30 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#194    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,917 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 08 February 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

But why does his opinion carry so much weight? was he talking about what Jesus said about it? He wasn't, because Jesus never did say anything. Why does Jesus get so little attention? Is Christiabity not (supposed to be) based on the life and teachings of Jesus as presented in canonical gospels and other New Testament writings.? Of course, Paul should come under those other New Testament writings, but why does everything he said have equal or greater importance than anything Jesus said?
Paul was called to be an Apostle of Jesus Christ (at least, this is what I believe).  If what Paul says contradicts what Jesus said, then I agree that Jesus' words trump Paul.  However, and despite occasional arguments to the contrary, I believe that Paul's teachings compliment Jesus' teachings rather than contradict. Taking into consideration that I believe Paul was chosen as one of Jesus' 12 apostles my conclusion therefore is that his writings are acceptable for teaching us what Jesus wants.  Call it "faith", if you will.  I wouldn't say that Paul's words are "greater" than Jesus', but his words are of a divine origin, just as Jesus' words are of divine origin (again, my view, based on faith).

Posted Image

#195    David Henson

David Henson

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 08 February 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

Jesus said God's word is true, John 17:17, and that includes Leviticus 18:22.  Jesus warned against fornication, which is any unlawful sexual act, including homosexuality. (Mark 7:21-23 / Jude 1:7 / Revelation 2:14, 20)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users