Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Did scientists distorted theory of evolution?


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Dating these bones to such an early date completely distorts our picture of our evolution.

"Yet the bones in La Sima, which bear Neanderthal features, are supposed to be 600,000 years old," he said. "This cannot be true."

However, Arsuaga has rejected this analysis. "You can call [the fossils] early Neanderthals or give them another name, it does not matter. I prefer to give a different name." But he admitted the 600,000-year age his team had put on the Sima fossils did look too early. "We are working on that," he said.


http://www.guardian....ma-huesos-spain

Edited by the L, 17 December 2012 - 09:59 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 13,088 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

hardly surprising, whenever something new and unexpected happens, the initial reaction is "it has to be wrong", the train of thought is then to prove it wrong and if it's not wrong it has to be right. Case in point, our old friend the platypus, basically it was everything from a hoax to a mutant until it was proven it was a genuine species. Scientists don't accept anything at face value, especially when it slaughters a sacred cow.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,172 posts
  • Joined:10 May 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA

  • Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

Scientists can be as wrong as anyone else.  What makes a good scientist or person for that matter is when they can admit they are wrong instead of continuing to mislead everyone.


#4    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,390 posts
  • Joined:21 May 2008

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

View Postthe L, on 17 December 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

Dating these bones to such an early date completely distorts our picture of our evolution.

"Yet the bones in La Sima, which bear Neanderthal features, are supposed to be 600,000 years old," he said. "This cannot be true."

However, Arsuaga has rejected this analysis. "You can call [the fossils] early Neanderthals or give them another name, it does not matter. I prefer to give a different name." But he admitted the 600,000-year age his team had put on the Sima fossils did look too early. "We are working on that," he said.


http://www.guardian....ma-huesos-spain

I can understand why they would use the stalagmite because some of the bones are in it.  Also, Stinger says that the guardian completely misrepresented what he said.  The problem is that they need more sources to get accurate dating and that was what Stinger basically said.


#5    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

"This cannot be true." Same thing people probably told when they start realizing that Earth isnt center of universe.

Why dont they use C14 dating method?

Edited by the L, 18 December 2012 - 08:16 AM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#6    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,129 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

  • God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

View Postthe L, on 18 December 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

"This cannot be true." Same thing people probably told when they start realizing that Earth isnt center of universe.

Why dont they use C14 dating method?

Because radiocarbon dating doesn't work for organic material of that age.


#7    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 18 December 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

Because radiocarbon dating doesn't work for organic material of that age.

Realy. Thats new. So where is a border? How far we can date with c14?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#8    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 7,933 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

View Postthe L, on 18 December 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

Realy. Thats new. So where is a border? How far we can date with c14?

No 'L' that's not new. Radiocarbon dating is only good to c.50,000 BP and possibly 60,000 BP. This is far from the 600,000 BP dating that is mentioned.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#9    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 18 December 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

No 'L' that's not new. Radiocarbon dating is only good to c.50,000 BP and possibly 60,000 BP. This is far from the 600,000 BP dating that is mentioned.

cormac

Its new info for me. I was sure that we can dated dinosaurs with C14. So when I mentioned dinosaurs how do we date something beyond 50 000 BC?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#10    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 7,933 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

View Postthe L, on 18 December 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

Its new info for me. I was sure that we can dated dinosaurs with C14. So when I mentioned dinosaurs how do we date something beyond 50 000 BC?

We can't use C14 on dinosaur fossils as it only works on organic material up to the dates I mentioned earlier. Also, fossils are not the actual bones of dinosaurs but mineralizations (rocks) that have formed replacing the original organic material. C14 can't date rock. Several other methods can be used for dinosaur dating such as Potassium-Argon and Uranium-Lead to name a couple.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#11    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 18 December 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

We can't use C14 on dinosaur fossils as it only works on organic material up to the dates I mentioned earlier. Also, fossils are not the actual bones of dinosaurs but mineralizations (rocks) that have formed replacing the original organic material. C14 can't date rock. Several other methods can be used for dinosaur dating such as Potassium-Argon and Uranium-Lead to name a couple.

cormac

Those methods are used to date for example Lucy?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#12    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 7,933 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

View Postthe L, on 18 December 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

Those methods are used to date for example Lucy?

The Argon-Argon method was used to date Lucy.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#13    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

:lol: Learning moment.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users