Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Strange flying creature

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    P.Bubblegum

P.Bubblegum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

Hello, I just created my account and am very new to this site so I am not exactly sure how to go about this, but here it goes.
I am a 21 yr old female, I live and grew up in Spokane (Spo-CAN), the second largest city in Washington State, a few hours outside of Seattle. Earlier this year, mid-summer time, I witnessed something very strange that I could not make any sense of, and have not told anyone for fear of being thought mad!
That day I had been working the swing shift at the adult store (i know..) that I have been employed at for the past couple of years. Because we have an incredibly cheap boss,  shifts are worked by 1 clerk at a time. Around 11pm my store was very slow and I had no customers come in for the past hour or so, so I decided to step outside and have a cigarette.
My store sits aside a one way street headed west into Downtown, although our front entrance is pushed up a small hill about 15 ft from the street. We have no floodlights or lamps in the front and since we are located a little futher up, clear light does not reach us from the street. Though there is a soft glow from our neon window signs, sufficient enough to see the entrance and approaching customers.
The night was still and very clear, though a little chilly like normal for the Pacific North West. I sat facing the street on our black folding chair beside the entrance and watched the cars pass as I smoked. Okay, here is where things get very strange.
As I was finishing the last few drags off my cigarette, I stood from the chair and walked a few feet into the darkness to take a look at the new billboard put up to the left that stands id say about 40-50ft high. As I lifted my gaze, something other than the new billboard caught my eye. From over the billboard, swooping down to about 15 ft from the ground I saw some thing that is very hard to explain.
This is where the fear of being thought mad comes in, for what I saw in the sky that night is what I can only describe as a creature closely resembling a Stingray. I know this makes absolutely no sense. I live no where near the ocean and even if I did I think that this would still be very strange.
This creature was an inky black, (just enough contrast between the color of the sky and this creature for me to spot it) with tanish speckles on its underside. It had a long, thin spine-like tail with fin-like appendages that appeared to be rippling while in flight. This creature was completely silent. This thing swooped down from the billboard,  flew down over me about 12 ft above, then took off over my building and disappeared. The whole experience lasted about 30 seconds.
I know how this must sound, but I am not crazy (fairly sure) and I do not make things up. Has anyone else ever seen anything like this? Please let me know what you think.

#2    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

• The educated lie can be the most deceiving...gullible people believe them without question.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

It could have been a dark spirit in flight. They look round (orb) and in flight have a tail. They often travel through the Holy Spirit (orb).

#3    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

gimcrack

• 10,451 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

I'm sorry, but all I can think about is a 21yr old woman running a shop, on her own, at 11pm ...... this is not right.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#4    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

• The educated lie can be the most deceiving...gullible people believe them without question.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

I agree! :no:

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Wow, that must of been scary.  Not half as scary as working at a adult store late at night by yourself.  Posted Image

#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

Posted Image

#7    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,021 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

View PostHilander, on 17 December 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

Wow, that must of been scary.  Not half as scary as working at a adult store late at night by yourself.  Posted Image
lol
i'm trying to figure out why that information was included in the telling of her story. i kept waiting for it to be relevant somehow.

#8    hungryvampyre

hungryvampyre

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

• lifes too short why not be a vampiric overlord

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

isaw white one that i could only describe like that

vampire bites hurt take it from me im one seriously

#9    Cynical Sounds

Cynical Sounds

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

• "Do you have any evidence for that?"

"there's more to life than evidence. "

......"Get in the ****ing sack"

Dara O'Brien

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

U sure it wasn't a bird?

I Don't Know Does Not Mean You're Right

#10    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,065 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostJGirl, on 17 December 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

lol
i'm trying to figure out why that information was included in the telling of her story. i kept waiting for it to be relevant somehow.

Could it come under the same heading as "Hello, I'm bisexual - wanna make something of it?"

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#11    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,949 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

working in an adult store on your own at that time of night, I would be more afraid of the nutters who could come into the shop. Anything flying about the night sky would make me feel a lot safer than someone lurking on the ground in the shop looking at the top shelf mags.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#12    silicasecrets

silicasecrets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Did it look like the wings were flapping or moving at all? We do have craft that look like a stingray,youf not hallucinationg.We have flying screen animals as well.Made from spade they project objects onto ait molecules that make a halagraphic 3d image 100 real looking.u wouldnt know its fake r projected intil u touched it.
No beams coming from the source,.no trace at all/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users