Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Man of Steel (2013)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

Can't wait! Looks like a completely new take on Superman. It could be awesome.

#2    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Have to admit this one looks good.

I was never a fan of superman I always found him kinda cheesy and preferred the darker comic book heroes, like Batman etc.

I liked Smallville though, there was something good about that. Trailer looks really good though. :tu:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#3    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,033 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Yeah, yeah, we've seen the Man of Steel. Can we get a good Wonder Woman? Not Megan Fox!

Posted Image

~MEH~

#4    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Aye he seems to be a lot darker in this one. I much prefer the dark comics myself.

#5    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

View PostHasina, on 18 December 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

Yeah, yeah, we've seen the Man of Steel. Can we get a good Wonder Woman? Not Megan Fox!

I heard the pilot that got binned last year was supposed to be pretty good.

#6    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,033 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 18 December 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

Aye he seems to be a lot darker in this one. I much prefer the dark comics myself.
Ever seen a Silver Age comic? Those were the best of days. You had Batbaby. BATBABY.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#7    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,033 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 18 December 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

I heard the pilot that got binned last year was supposed to be pretty good.
I heard about that but I wasn't holding out much hope for it. Much like the WB idea for a live action Raven series. Now that I would love to see.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#8    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,811 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

I'm sick of the same old superheroes getting "rebooted", "remade", "reinvented", "regurgitated". How about something NEW for a change? Maybe because no one in H'wood is really that clever?

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#9    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 18 December 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

I'm sick of the same old superheroes getting "rebooted", "remade", "reinvented", "regurgitated". How about something NEW for a change? Maybe because no one in H'wood is really that clever?

I got one....

Binman/Garbageman. He comes and collects the rubbish/garbage from the streets every night.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#10    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,033 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

View PostCoffey, on 18 December 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

I got one....

Binman/Garbageman. He comes and collects the rubbish/garbage from the streets every night.
Why don't they just pick a superhero who hasn't already been made into a movie? Blue Beetle anyone?

Posted Image

~MEH~

#11    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Theres too much risk in originality, It could succeed or it could bomb. Nobodies willing to take that chance Im sad to say

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#12    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

View PostHasina, on 18 December 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

I heard about that but I wasn't holding out much hope for it. Much like the WB idea for a live action Raven series. Now that I would love to see.

I think another network is picking the series up, except it's going to be an origin story (bit of a TV and sci fi geek here).

I agree though, the world of superheroes is rife with sexism. I don't think their writers have had the benefit of the Spice Girls ;)

#13    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Personally I love it. Can't get enough of it.

If you want a new and original superhero film, check out 'Chronicle'. It's one of the best ones I've seen. Full stop. http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt1706593/

Seriously, everyone should see that film, in HD if they can.

#14    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,811 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

Thanks for the tip! I'll look into it. But I know I won't see it in HD.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#15    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,033 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 18 December 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

I think another network is picking the series up, except it's going to be an origin story (bit of a TV and sci fi geek here).

I agree though, the world of superheroes is rife with sexism. I don't think their writers have had the benefit of the Spice Girls ;)
Sexism in comic books?! Nowai?! -fake shock- Look up Atop the Fourth Wall, it's a Internet reviewer, by the catch sign of Linkara who points how the staggering differences between superheroes and superheroines in a lot of his reviews.

Edited by Hasina, 18 December 2012 - 06:15 PM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users