Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obama 'backs assault weapons ban'

assault weapons ban barack obama

• Please log in to reply
439 replies to this topic

#256    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,111 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

View PostStellar, on 11 January 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

And you think the rest of us do want to be victims of crime?

yea, seeing how you don't even consider protecting yourself, and rather depend on someone else, i'd say you asking for it.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#257    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

View Postaztek, on 11 January 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

yea, seeing how you don't even consider protecting yourself, and rather depend on someone else, i'd say you asking for it.

I don't consider protecting myself with any weapon.. I don't feel I need to.. I cannot speak for Stellar, he could be from a similar country as myself, where we don't have guns

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#258    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 11 January 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

I don't consider protecting myself with any weapon.. I don't feel I need to.. I cannot speak for Stellar, he could be from a similar country as myself, where we don't have guns

Same here. I don't hunt or have much interest shooting so don't see much reason to own a gun. I could easily get one and perhaps will one day just for collection (really want a Baker Rifle). But for protection? Don't see the need. I feel just as safe now as I would with a gun and I live near some apartments that are well known to police. Plus I can always fall back on my sword. :P

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#259    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

View Postaztek, on 11 January 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

Aztek, in my world, preventing an intruder from having a gun is more protection than arming everyone.

I feel just as safe now as I would with a gun and I live near some apartments that are well known to police. Plus I can always fall back on my sword.

You don't happen to live in Vanier, do you :P

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#260    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,111 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 11 January 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

which is fine, untill you\he tells ameicans how we should act and live basing their opinion on how it is in THEIR country.

the thing is, you never know when you need to. even in your safe country crime happens.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#261    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,111 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

View PostStellar, on 11 January 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

Aztek, in my world, preventing an intruder from having a gun is more protection than arming everyone.

yet even in your country gun crimes does happen, so you can't prevent them from having gun, your illusion again.  not to mention he doesn't have to have a gun, it wont be any easier for you if he comes with samurai sword. i can guarrantee you will be just as dead from sword as from a gun. and it will be quiet, your neighbors will not hear gunshots, they wont call 911 or whtever number you have there.

Edited by aztek, 11 January 2013 - 10:30 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#262    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

which is fine, untill you\he tells ameicans how we should act and live basing their opinion on how it is in THEIR country.

And youre free to ignore what I'm saying.

Some americans feel that something needs to be done. We're offering suggestions. Just because *you* don't like them doesn't mean we should stop.

the thing is, you never know when you need to. even in your safe country crime happens.      

And the thing is, if the criminal is less likely to have a gun, I'm also less likely to require one.

----Seraphina

#263    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 4,134 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

View PostEonwe, on 11 January 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

And I would rather no one be attacked by a crazed man, and no one have to kill to defend themselves.

But I would rather have more people in our society, citizens, who are responsible gun owners who aren't afraid to protect themselves.

I am in agreement. Let's get rid of this mood-altering psychiatric meds!! Just end them!!

View PostStellar, on 11 January 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

And youre free to ignore what I'm saying.

Some americans feel that something needs to be done. We're offering suggestions. Just because *you* don't like them doesn't mean we should stop.

And the thing is, if the criminal is less likely to have a gun, I'm also less likely to require one.

hey fast and furious. Criminals will always have guns because governments will give them guns.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#264    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

-Patton

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

View Postaztek, on 11 January 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

yet even in your country gun crimes does happen, so you can't prevent them from having gun, your illusion again.  

Prevent completely? No. Prevent some? Yes.

not to mention he doesn't have to have a gun, it wont be any easier for you if he comes with samurai sword. i can garrantee you wil be just as dead from sword as from a gun.

Yes it will of course be easier for me if he comes at me with a samurai sword, are you kidding me? There's a reason wars are fought with guns and not swords these days, because guns are easier to kill people with.

I can assure you that if someone wants to rob my house with a samurai sword, they're probably not out to kill me as well. If they try to rob me with a gun and they see that I have one, then they're likely to start using their weapon.

----Seraphina

#265    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,111 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

View PostStellar, on 11 January 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

yep, it only takes once,  less likely does not mean wont happen.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#266    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,111 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

View PostStellar, on 11 January 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

Prevent completely? No. Prevent some? Yes.

Yes it will of course be easier for me if he comes at me with a samurai sword, are you kidding me?

i'm serious actually, talk to any law enforcment about edged weapons and 21 feet, they will tell you how wrong you are, i could too, but it is better you hear it from someone you see in person.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#267    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

View PostStellar, on 11 January 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

If they try to rob me with a gun and they see that I have one, then they're likely to start using their weapon.

And if you don't have one?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#268    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,624 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 11 January 2013 - 10:39 PM, said:

And if you don't have one?

You give them your wallet and you will stay alive.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#269    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 11 January 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

You give them your wallet and you will stay alive.

Right.  You know if they can get away with one thing, they'll push the envelope.  Got any women with you in there?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#270    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,624 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 11 January 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

Right.  You know if they can get away with one thing, they'll push the envelope.  Got any women with you in there?

The guy who wants my wallet wants my wallet. And even if I have a gun on me at the time I will give him my wallet.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users