Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obama 'backs assault weapons ban'

assault weapons ban barack obama

• Please log in to reply
439 replies to this topic

#406    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,638 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

View Postaztek, on 14 January 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

i think it would be just the opposite, pot cards are different, no one gets killed if doc gives it to someone for $$$ under the table, if doc clears someone and they go postal, doc will be screwed. and his ins will have to pay out a lot more, not to mention now you can sue docs for wrong assesment, oh and lawers will love it, docs ins and themselves have a lot of $$$ potential.
Are you talking about suing doctors for misdiagnosis?   What cases are you speaking of?

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#407    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 14 January 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

Like Sherlock Holmes, Jack The Ripper was a fictional character

Yet.. But you have nothing to show me..End off

Hey that reminds me. Didn't most Serial Killers use other weapons besides guns to torture and kill their victims?
Killers like John Wayne Gacy, Jeffery Dahmer,  Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, David Berkowitz and Albert Fish.
Lets all do our research.

Jack The Ripper a fictional character? Coming from the U.K. I'd thought you'd know better then that.

http://en.wikipedia....Jack_the_Ripper

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much skepticism
can make you narrow minded to all possibilities no matter how unconventional.

#408    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

View PostMag357, on 14 January 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

Hey that reminds me. Didn't most Serial Killers use other weapons besides guns to torture and kill their victims?
Killers like John Wayne Gacy, Jeffery Dahmer,  Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, David Berkowitz and Albert Fish.

No one is saying other weapons cannot be used.. But guns do in fact make it a lot easier.. You could rhyme off a handful of serial killers, but fact is guns will trump all those other hand held weapons killers use

Jack The Ripper a fictional character? Coming from the U.K. I'd thought you'd know better then that.
Yes he was considered fictional..There were murders, but many didn't believe they came from the same man...

London, May 1 (ANI): 'Jack the Ripper'-considered one of London's most notorious criminal-was actually a fictional character created by journalists to link and sensationalise a series of unrelated murders for boosting the sales of newspapers, reveals a new book.

Read more at: http://news.oneindia...ted-byjour.html

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 15 January 2013 - 12:02 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#409    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,638 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Well thank God all those knife murders weren't from the same murderer named Jack!   Because if that were the case, you'd have to ban knives!   Derp!

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#410    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

View PostYamato, on 15 January 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

Well thank God all those knife murders weren't from the same murderer named Jack!   Because if that were the case, you'd have to ban knives!

Which is easier, the gun or a knife to take a life?

Derp!

Derp, a stupid little word  made up by teenagers as slang for the word -  Stupid.. How droll,  and yet some adults use it  lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 15 January 2013 - 12:47 AM.

#411    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,910 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 14 January 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

Yet.. But you have nothing to show me..End off

very cute, lol

everything you ask for already exists in NYC, it doesn't help us, why??

View PostFLOMBIE, on 14 January 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

I don't think there is a direct connection between gun policies and crime rates.

fair enough , what do you think is there ?

Edited by aztek, 15 January 2013 - 12:48 AM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#412    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,683 posts

• Some say he is dead.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 15 January 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

Derp, a stupid little word  made up by teenagers as slang for the word -  Stupid.. How droll,  and yet some adults use it  lol

That is cold comfort for families that had members killed by knives.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much skepticism

#413    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

View PostMag357, on 15 January 2013 - 12:51 AM, said:

That is cold comfort for families that had members killed by knives.

It might be, it is still a fact...You can commit a lot more mass killing in a short space of time with a gun than you ever could with a mere knife..  A gunman can easily take out anyone with a knife..Because guns make it so much easier..

This very short clip from Indiana Jones  proves that  lol

Love that clip  :P

#414    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,910 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

View PostMag357, on 14 January 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

http://en.wikipedia....Jack_the_Ripper

jack the ripper might be fake but chekotilo isn't.

at least 56   kids, boys and girls, and young women. no guns, tortured and raped than killed.

this crap happens in every society,

Edited by aztek, 15 January 2013 - 01:02 AM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#415    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,683 posts

• Some say he is dead.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 15 January 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

It might be, it is still a fact...You can commit a lot more mass killing in a short space of time with a gun than you ever could with a mere knife..  A gunman can easily take out anyone with a knife..Because guns make it so much easier..

This very short clip from Indiana Jones  proves that  lol

Love that clip  :P

I would say that Poisons are more available then guns. Jim Jones of the Peoples Temple back in 1978 poisoned over 900 people.
If someone is hell bent on killing in mass casualties, they will find a way with or without guns.

Since you're a mother, watch this video.

#416    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,536 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

View PostMag357, on 15 January 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

I would say that Poisons are more available then guns. Jim Jones of the Peoples Temple back in 1978 poisoned over 900 people.
If someone is hell bent on killing in mass casualties, they will find a way with or without guns.

Since you're a mother, watch this video.

In Canada or Britain you're not allowed to kill a home intruder.... you're supposed to let them rape your kids while you watch.  You are allowed to file a complaint with the police though..... this allows the GOV to capture the suspect.  Once in custody the alleged criminal is put on a lengthy trial which usually ends with the suspect not criminally responsible because of some pathetic excuse that he was raped himself as a child so all he was doing was acting out on somebody else's behalf.  There is somebody else always to blame.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#417    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,638 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

Oh so any real life Jack the Ripper is off the hook then.  I'm sure the murderers who had a part in birthing that legend will be relieved to hear it.  

And women should have to use knives to defend themselves because even in their hands, a gun easily takes a life? Governments are always making it easier to take a life and you want upstanding civil society to go the opposite direction, why?   Putting aside your "stupid stupid" comments, who are you to impose on anyone where the line is between easy enough and too easy?   Why does that even matter?  

The purpose of the right to bear arms is to defend ourselves against tyranny.  With how easily our governments can take a life these days, we better hope we have weapons that can take a life easily enough to stop them if necessary.

Edited by Yamato, 15 January 2013 - 03:52 AM.

#418    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,855 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

View Postacidhead, on 15 January 2013 - 03:37 AM, said:

In Canada or Britain you're not allowed to kill a home intruder.... you're supposed to let them rape your kids while you watch.  You are allowed to file a complaint with the police though..... this allows the GOV to capture the suspect.  Once in custody the alleged criminal is put on a lengthy trial which usually ends with the suspect not criminally responsible because of some pathetic excuse that he was raped himself as a child so all he was doing was acting out on somebody else's behalf.  There is somebody else always to blame.

Are you kidding me? That is simply not the case. Go read the criminal code of Canada. You'd just like to believe this because it serves your desire to despise authority and rules.

Edited by Stellar, 15 January 2013 - 04:11 AM.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#419    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,855 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

View PostYamato, on 15 January 2013 - 03:49 AM, said:

The purpose of the right to bear arms is to defend ourselves against tyranny.  With how easily our governments can take a life these days, we better hope we have weapons that can take a life easily enough to stop them if necessary.

With how much the anti gun control crowd tells us that guns can easily be obtained on the black market, how would gun control---or even a gun ban prevent you from defending yourselves against tyranny? Can you explain that to me please?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#420    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,910 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

what is easier to protect yourself with, a phone or a gun. for you personally, against 100kg man on drugs, or drunk that, doesn't need your money, needs something else, what would you rather have a gun, a knife, or a phone????

RESIDENT TROLL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users