Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Hearing 'Silent Night'...over & over & over

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,374 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

Wow this story must be a real bummer to experience..

"Cath Gamester's has had to endure frustrating 'auditory hallucinations' ever since her condition was triggered by a reaction to medication she took in 2010.

The 84-year-old is constantly tormented by a handful of songs which play over and over in her head, including Happy Birthday, God Save The Queen, Abide With Me, and You’ll Never Walk Alone"

http://uk.news.yahoo...-161400673.html

At least it wasnt the birdy song....

Edited by seeder, 19 December 2012 - 08:53 AM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

That would be a living hell for a grinch like myself.

#3    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,050 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

Luckily she doesn't have to pay for copyrights. -ba-dum-tsh-

Edited by Hasina, 19 December 2012 - 01:51 PM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#4    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

What where the meds ?

hopefully shes just seeing a vision of her next life.

#5    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,859 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

C'mon guys, she loves it!

Posted Image

#6    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,374 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

Way back in my mis-spent 'raver' youth,  and being curious about 'drugs',  I tried some... as you do...

After that and a few other herbal remedies, and when the partying was over, I went home....and listened to my fave dance tape at medium high volume....(cd's were about then, but I still had mainly records and tapes)

I was coming down from a high without a doubt. When the tape finished, I pulled myself off the sofa to play another, then realised I hadnt even turned the hifi on... I was stunned. I heard every track, every beat, very clearly and in perfect order too, at volume!

It freaked me out big time... so yeh drugs can seriously play with your mind

The lesson then,  children, is just say NO!!

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#7    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 40,037 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

"I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves, I know a song that'll get on your nerves, all day long"

^ that's a real song :D

The poor woman in the OP :(

Edited by Still Waters, 19 December 2012 - 02:04 PM.
spelling!

Posted Image

#8    C235

C235

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

2 years! I would have killed myself the first week.

#9    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

It happens to me once, for one night, the culprit was a bottle of Stoly... and thank goodness the song "Jingo bell" vanished with the vapors.... drove my future ex-wife crazy that night :D :D :D

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#10    wildcat1969

wildcat1969

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

I've been going through the same thing since I started taking citalopram about two years ago. Usually I'll hear soft rock or classic rock songs in my head non-stop until I'm asleep. They don't really bother me because I just ignore it, but it can be creepy sometimes. Oh yeah, and I'm a metalhead and I almost never hear that style unless I'm plugged in.

#11    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,374 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

View Postwildcat1969, on 20 December 2012 - 12:27 AM, said:

I've been going through the same thing since I started taking citalopram about two years ago. Usually I'll hear soft rock or classic rock songs in my head non-stop until I'm asleep. They don't really bother me because I just ignore it, but it can be creepy sometimes. Oh yeah, and I'm a metalhead and I almost never hear that style unless I'm plugged in.

Actually, I was on that too! And also had the best but weirdest dreams of my life. One dream was repetitive, over 3-4 days..it actually woke me for me laughing at it....hilarous and so creative... wish I could re dream it.... if I could remeber enough to re create it -  i'd be the new comedy genius..

Edited by seeder, 20 December 2012 - 12:48 AM.

#12    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• 2,075 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

I hear certain Christmas songs over and over again, mostly "The 12 days of Christmas" and McCartney's "Simple Having a Wonderful Christmas Time", and they are really annoying!

#13    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,374 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

View PostSundew, on 20 December 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

I hear certain Christmas songs over and over again, mostly "The 12 days of Christmas" and McCartney's "Simple Having a Wonderful Christmas Time", and they are really annoying!

then...without pharmo's, you prolly got ear worms... : http://www.spring.or...-an-earworm.php

Edited by seeder, 20 December 2012 - 12:46 AM.

#14    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

OMG ,just reading the topic title has me singing silent night in my head.

#15    UFO_Monster

UFO_Monster

Poltergeist

• 2,204 posts

• What looks spooky is not always scary. What looks cute is not always cuddly.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

I can't blame anybody for turning into a Scrooge if they have this condition.

Posted Image
UFOs aren't always the alien's spacecraft...sometimes they are the aliens.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users