Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

'Pleb' row: Claims extremely serious,

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

The allegation a police officer falsely claimed to have heard Andrew Mitchell calling police "plebs" is "extremely serious", the Metropolitan Police say.

Mr Mitchell, who quit as government chief whip over the incident, has called for an inquiry, with friends arguing he should return to office.

A police officer was arrested on Saturday on suspicion of misconduct.

The Metropolitan Police said the issue went to the "very heart" of trust in police and promised to act "swiftly".

link :- http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-20780584

Hmm...seems our 'boys in blue' may have been telling a few porkies to end the career of a politician (with the help of the BEEB). Watch as damage limitation goes into overdrive.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#2    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

Anyone else think that this whole situation is, well, ridiculous? Who cares what some politician said about the police. There are about a million issues FAR more important that need addressing, yet valuable media time is wasted on yet another idiot politician and his alleged comments.

Edit - that wasn't a dig at you for posting this btw, this is actually an interesting development if true. I was referring to the original story and how it was completely blown out of proportion.

Edited by ExpandMyMind, 19 December 2012 - 11:23 AM.

#3    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,740 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

he's luck the Met didn't simply shoot him.
sane, well balanced and appropriate reactons aren't the Met's forte.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#4    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,491 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

What a load of BS over nothing.  :(

(Maybe they're burying very bad news by filling the headlines with this pash.)

#5    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Someone got called a schmuck and wants heads to roll. Is this the French forum. Because then Ill quietly go back to me good ole Colony.

#6    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 19 December 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

Anyone else think that this whole situation is, well, ridiculous? Who cares what some politician said about the police. There are about a million issues FAR more important that need addressing, yet valuable media time is wasted on yet another idiot politician and his alleged comments.

Edit - that wasn't a dig at you for posting this btw, this is actually an interesting development if true. I was referring to the original story and how it was completely blown out of proportion.
It's important because the police fabricated evedence that resulted in a very powerful man being removed from his job. If they can do that to the government chief whip what's to say they can't do it to joe public? And whats to say they havent been doing it for years?

#7    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 19 December 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

I tend to agree with you. I too could never understand why this became so big a story bearing in mind that police all over the country are called far worse everyday of the week. Perhaps (as I suspect) it was just another opportunity by some to bring down a politician.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#8    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 19 December 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

It's important because the police fabricated evedence that resulted in a very powerful man being removed from his job. If they can do that to the government chief whip what's to say they can't do it to joe public? And whats to say they havent been doing it for years?

I edited my post to show that this was an 'interesting development'. In the first part of my post I was referring to the original story, not the abuse of power by police (I agree with your points). Thought I'd made that clear but I guess not.

#9    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

Whats wrong with police fabricating evidence ?

#10    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 19 December 2012 - 11:49 AM, said:

Whats wrong with police fabricating evidence ?

"Whats unusual with police fabricating evidence ?"
There, i've corrected it for you. :tu:

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 19 December 2012 - 12:39 PM.

― Groucho Marx

#11    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

Thats how we roll. I didnt notice my fo-paws.

thx for the edit

Edited by AsteroidX, 19 December 2012 - 01:17 PM.

#12    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 19 December 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

Thats how we roll. I didnt notice my fo-paws.

thx for the edit

:tu:

― Groucho Marx

#13    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

So after the scandal which saw the Nasty Left villify a Conservative politician, blacken his reputation and upset his family by labelling him a paedophile only for it to be found that he had nothing to do with the charges, we now have another situation in which the Nasty Left attacked a Conservative politician and hounded him out of his job because they believe that he called a police officer a pleb only for it now to be turning out to be the case that all is not actually what it seems with this case and that CCTV evidence appears to corroborate Mr Mitchell's story and the "member of the public" who supposedly heard Mr Mitchell call a police officer a pleb was actually a police officer who was nowhere near the incident when it took place.

This is disgraceful, but I wouldn't expect an apology from the Nasty Left.

It was nice, though, to see Mr Mitchell getting a few pats on the back and words of support from fellow MPs - even Labour MP Gisela Stuart offered him her support - during PMQs today.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 19 December 2012 - 05:38 PM.

#14    smurf0852

smurf0852

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

i think anyone who was called thrasher mitchell by his fellow public school pukes doesnt deserve any sympathy at all and shouldnt be in a position of power in the first place .if he was called biffa bacon and drank pints of newcastle brown no one would give a **** .

#15    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 19 December 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

So after the scandal which saw the Nasty Left villify a Conservative politician, blacken his reputation and upset his family by labelling him a paedophile only for it to be found that he had nothing to do with the charges, we now have another situation in which the Nasty Left attacked a Conservative politician and hounded him out of his job because they believe that he called a police officer a pleb only for it now to be turning out to be the case that all is not actually what it seems with this case and that CCTV evidence appears to corroborate Mr Mitchell's story and the "member of the public" who supposedly heard Mr Mitchell call a police officer a pleb was actually a police officer who was nowhere near the incident when it took place.

This is disgraceful, but I wouldn't expect an apology from the Nasty Left.

It was nice, though, to see Mr Mitchell getting a few pats on the back and words of support from fellow MPs - even Labour MP Gisela Stuart offered him her support - during PMQs today.

Yes, the BBC does seem to be lurching from one crisis to another everytime they try and bring down a Conservative politician. They were determined to keep this story in the news until they got the result they wanted & now hopefully it will come back to bite them in the a**, just like the Mcalpine debacle.
During this whole 'plebgate' story I never heard one person ask the question 'who told the press', & is it now standard police practice to go running to the news media whenever (if ever) somebody verbally insults them,? This whole thing was about the police 'having a go' at the coalition government.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 22 December 2012 - 11:54 AM.

― Groucho Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users