Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged]Woman Gang-raped on a bus in New Delhi.

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#16    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,651 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Poor woman... My god. Some people are capable of doing horrible things.

Hey, don't like my opinions? I can respect that. Just realize guns allow you to have that opinion without being labeled as mentally insane for questioning the state.

Political abuse of psychiatry in the USSR: http://en.wikipedia....he_Soviet_Union

#17    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

Once I read Kama Sutra and it said how when woman and man have had sex must look like water mixing with milk.
Thats so much different from this.

Anyway, I wonder what ethnic group are they, whats their religion? Of those maniacs.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#18    Arbenol68

Arbenol68

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

View Postthe L, on 25 December 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

Anyway, I wonder what ethnic group are they, whats their religion? Of those maniacs.

Is that relevant?

#19    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,151 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

Jeeze... aren't the men/boys taught that this is wrong?

Maybe a class or father on "spank the monkey" would help.

#20    C235

C235

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

That's disturbing.

#21    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,151 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

:yes:

#22    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,922 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

View Postthe L, on 25 December 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

I don't wonder. If they were Germanic Hutterite's would it make a difference?

#23    your_dark_passenger

your_dark_passenger

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

View PostDKO, on 20 December 2012 - 02:14 AM, said:

New Delhi: The condition of the 23-year-old paramedical student, who was gangraped, beaten and thrown out of a moving bus along with a male friend in Delhi, is still critical. Doctors say that she is still on ventilator support and is fighting to get better. The victim has in fact given a complete written statement to the police, explaining in detail what happened to her from the time she and her friend got onto the bus on Sunday.

http://ibnlive.in.co...1393-3-244.html

Animals.

I am from India as well. A lot has been said about this incident. However gruesome this maybe, there are over 43,000 cases of rape pending to be heard in court. India is a country that does not have any proper laws regarding rape and has absolutely no clue about marital rape. People have been protesting all around the country for this girl. Friends and colleagues of mine have been arrested as well. However, what began as a 'peaceful' protest has begun to turn violent with the police using water canons, dozens of protestors injured and with the death of a policeman. A lot of political parties have jumped in as well trying to use this situation to their advantage. It is very sickening. The media as usual only projects what it wants to.

People have been walking around screaming that the rapists should be hung, shot, castrated, given the death penalty etc etc. Unfortunately, the girl is still in critical condition since they have to operate on her intestines after the rapists inserted a blunt object into her and ruptured it.

Well, I am a cynic. I say that no matter what, rapes will continue. It might decrease but then again thats hoping for the best. The only way I think that rape can be eliminated completely is when the mind set of the Indian male changes and I do not see that happening in the years to come.

It has always been this way. You just have to go through what some of the so called holy scriptures say to find out that women have been been treated and considered mere objects since ancient history. I can post some of the the lines from there if you want me to. Its pretty disgusting. I read the other day that a man gambled away his wife in some village in North India because he was playing cards.

#24    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,697 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

And how to change this attitude towards women?  I can't imagine living in a society like that.  And to raise a daughter in a country that looks upon women so lowly?  I wish there was something that could be done to help them.  But, here we are in another continent and to say anything about another country's laws is a no-no.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#25    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,151 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:33 AM

Yeah, I can not see the rape of girls(or boys) to be of any use to civilized society.

While the rapist has that momentary pleasure, the victim suffers(if even left alive) for the rest of their life.

Edited by pallidin, 26 December 2012 - 05:35 AM.

#26    your_dark_passenger

your_dark_passenger

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:40 AM

View Postpallidin, on 26 December 2012 - 05:33 AM, said:

Yeah, I can not see the rape of girls(or boys) to be of any use to civilized society.

While the rapist has that momentary pleasure, the victim suffers(if even left alive) for the rest of their life.

I agree with you. The victim has to live with the trauma for the rest of her life. As far as I know there is nothing in this country to rehabilitate the victim. Society looks down on her, no one wants to get married to her, the police and other people blame the victim. They say that the women in this country invite trouble by wearing western clothes, consuming alcohol, partying etc etc.. Its all very sickening. In many cases, a lot of rapes go unreported because of the sheer stress and trauma that the victim has to go through after that actual rape.

#27    your_dark_passenger

your_dark_passenger

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

View Postpallidin, on 26 December 2012 - 04:17 AM, said:

Jeeze... aren't the men/boys taught that this is wrong?

Maybe a class or father on "spank the monkey" would help.

Boys are taught to stay away from girls when they are young. When the boys become older, they team up with other boys and make fun of girls on the streets, colleges etc. This is commonly called 'eve teasing' in India. This gives the boys a certain sense of power over the girls. The girls go back home, tell their parents about it and instead of empowering them, the parents tell the girls to stay indoors, keep away from boys, etc etc. We live in a very hypocritical society here. They say that we are the land of the 'Kamasutra' but sex education is shunned in most schools. Most people do not talk about sex openly. If a girl goes to a club with her friends, the so called moral police storm the club, beat up the women, call them whores, get them arrested by the police.

Now I am not saying that this happens all across the country. India is very diverse. However, I am quoting incidents that have happened.

#28    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

This kinda mess makes me sick.. and makes me glad that I can defend myself.

#29    your_dark_passenger

your_dark_passenger

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:41 AM

The ugly side of India for you

#30    your_dark_passenger

your_dark_passenger

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 75 posts