Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged] Woman raped on a bus in New Delhi

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#46    your_dark_passenger

your_dark_passenger

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 27 December 2012 - 10:00 AM, said:

Meanwhile, on other news.. http://zeenews.india...lhi_819125.html

#47    your_dark_passenger

your_dark_passenger

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

#48    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

She died .........

Miss me?

#49    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

Yeah unfortunately she passed away.

The animals really did a number on her. Three abdominal surgeries plus significant brain injuries.

http://www.firstpost...tal-572172.html

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#50    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,319 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

R.I.P. to this poor woman.  :(  I hope her death will not be in vain, and her society will change for the better.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#51    Wordless Wanderer

Wordless Wanderer

Midnight Snack Muncher

• 2,420 posts

• Tinky winky, Dipsy, La-la, Po! Eh-Oh!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

Poor soul. Her only mistake was getting on the wrong bus. An example should be made out of those b******* now. ****, I feel like packing my bags and leaving.

Posted Image

#52    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

R.I.P.

I hope those molesters and killers will rotting in jail for the rest of their lifes.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#53    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,733 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:29 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 28 December 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

She died .........

I teared up when I read that.  The poor family.  Hopefully she is at peace.  I hope the perps are punished to the extreme!

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#54    your_dark_passenger

your_dark_passenger

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

View Postlittle_dreamer, on 29 December 2012 - 02:30 AM, said:

R.I.P. to this poor woman.  :(  I hope her death will not be in vain, and her society will change for the better.

There has been atleast 7 other reported cases of rape across the country from the time this girl was raped. Rapes, Female genocide, Dowry, Forced prostitution, Smuggling of girls- This society wont change because the people wont.

#55    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:12 AM

Heart breaking... I'm sorry.  Blessed be..

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#56    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• 1,077 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

I don't know of any other people that practises rape as much as they do.

I hope the victim finds peace in the grave.

#57    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

http://news.yahoo.co...-002303027.html

Miss me?

#58    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,073 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

It has all been such an inconceivable tragedy from the outside looking in.  I feel for what I know are the majority of peace loving Indians having to deal with this sub-culture of arrogant sexist power tripping males who have nothing better to do with their lives then prey on defenceless women - animals.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#59    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

Shocking.

People have called her Braveheart, Fearless and India's Daughter, among other things, and sent up a billion prayers for a speedy recovery.
When the unidentified woman died in a Singapore hospital early on Saturday, the victim of a savage rape on a moving bus in the capital, Delhi, it was time again, many said, to ask: why does India treat its women so badly?

Female foetuses are aborted and baby girls killed after birth, leading to an an appallingly skewed sex ratio. Many of those who survive face discrimination, prejudice, violence and neglect all their lives, as single or married women.

TrustLaw, a news service run by Thomson Reuters, has ranked India as the worst country in which to be a woman. This in the country where the leader of the ruling party, the speaker of the lower house of parliament, at least three chief ministers, and a number of sports and business icons are women. It is also a country where a generation of newly empowered young women are going out to work in larger numbers than ever before.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-india-20863860

I think this shows that mistreatment of women not only is a 'Muslim' problem, but a 'culture' one. No, it's more of a 'old culture' problem. There are many of these 'old cultures' throughout the World that treat and view women the same way, and India happens to be the largest and seems to be the worst.

It's easy for us to point the finger and criticise - we who have had the benefit and luck to be born in a part of the World that has thrown off these shackles - but, while pressure must be applied from outwith, we must remember both that it was our own women who revolutionised the way that they are now viewed, not some outside party, and that it was only a relatively small amount of time ago that our culture was not so different. 100 years (less than that really) isn't such a long time - it isn't so easy for us to criticise others, free of guilt, when there are still today people old enough to remember when our culture treated women practically the same way as they are treated in India and other 'old culture' countries (and still some parts of ours still do today, for the record).

What I think needs to be done is for the women of these cultures to be supported in any way possible, but it is up to them to rise up and change the mindset of man (and other women).

Edited by ExpandMyMind, 30 December 2012 - 12:34 PM.

#60    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• 2,080 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

In contrast:

Meghalaya, India: Where women rule, and men are suffragettes

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=240048

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users