Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Defending Liberty - The 4th Amendment

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,431 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

"Liberty - the freedom from unwarranted intrusion by government - is as easily lost through insistent nibbles by government officials who seek to do their jobs too well as by those whose purpose it is to oppress; the piranha can be as deadly as the shark."
—United States v. $124,570, 873 F.2d 1240, 1246 (9th Cir. 1989)

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,392 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

I can't watch your video but all I can say is "Give a inch and they will take a yard."  My grandfather said that to me many times when I was a child and there is truth to it.

Edited by Hilander, 21 December 2012 - 02:03 AM.

#3    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,585 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

the second video hahahaha. im about to start carrying a camera with me lol

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#4    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

View Postspartan max2, on 21 December 2012 - 03:28 AM, said:

the second video hahahaha. im about to start carrying a camera with me lol
If your cell phone has a sim card ,you can buy a cell phone watch from China,on eBay .
Mine has a camera and video recorder .
It looks like a fancy watch,but you can make and get calls,and talk into it like you're Batman.
If you put your cell sim card into it ,its basically your phone.
I got it just to video tape cops messing w me ,without their knowledge .
If you try to do it w a phone right in front of them,they will try to stop you .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 21 December 2012 - 04:35 AM.

Miss me?

#5    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,585 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 21 December 2012 - 04:34 AM, said:

If your cell phone has a sim card ,you can buy a cell phone watch from China,on eBay .
Mine has a camera and video recorder .
It looks like a fancy watch,but you can make and get calls,and talk into it like you're Batman.
If you put your cell sim card into it ,its basically your phone.
I got it just to video tape cops messing w me ,without their knowledge .
If you try to do it w a phone right in front of them,they will try to stop you .

Thanks for the advice! im going to look in to doing that.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#6    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

I watched the second video and seems there is no right to legally search without consent based on what I saw. Its when you say yes is the problems start and don't have a camera to back you up. If they try to stop you then that's another violation as any damage they cause we be unrecorded.

No criminal activity no search. Criminal activity shouldn't be assumed. Nice job by video r.

#7    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

Even though the guy in Indiana asserted his rights, they were run over by the authorities.  He needs to buy a fence, but that will probably have to wait until after he hires an attorney to sue for trespass.

#8    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 21 December 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

Even though the guy in Indiana asserted his rights, they were run over by the authorities.  He needs to buy a fence, but that will probably have to wait until after he hires an attorney to sue for trespass.

I've seen that Indiana video before, I always wondered if he was successful with his lawsuit.

#9    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,978 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

I'm curious to know if "Julie W" found anything?  Either way, she and Deputy Cooper should lose their jobs.  Was there a complaint filed?  Did it ever go to court?  What's the rest of the story here?

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato
"%&* YOU and your empty suited insults about "racism" you Islamophobic Zionist freak." - Yamato

#10    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,431 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

View Postsupervike, on 23 December 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

I've seen that Indiana video before, I always wondered if he was successful with his lawsuit.
No.  He lost.   The arguments about this case meander online about how his rights weren't violated, usually based on his lawsuit's failure in court, and in the more daring debates, some very creative interpretations on a plain reading of the 4th Amendment.   Usually these seeming-experts in precedent law conveniently ignore the precedent law that has fleshed out the legal definitions of terms like "house" and "effects".  The best argument I've heard to explain why his rights weren't violated is because his property met the "plain view" condition, where property in plain view outside the boundaries of one's property can be searched without warrant.   Which itself, smacks against the spirit of the law, which requires probable cause just to get a warrant.   Regardless, I hardly see how what Julie Wolfe wanted to search was in plain view when she needed to trespass deeply onto his property.   As can be easily seen on the video, she also had to walk behind a structure in his yard to see what was behind it, and there's no way she could have seen that from the road.   Babe Ruth makes a good point about erecting a fence because a fence would have erased all doubt.   Having open air around our property has unfortunately become all it takes to create an equally gaping hole in our property rights.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#11    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

The Books need to be redone. There a joke and Tyrranical. 4th Amendment is violated all the time. :gun:

Edited by AsteroidX, 23 December 2012 - 08:12 PM.

#12    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,431 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

All the circular arguments about this case aside, what is blatantly abusive is the failure of this woman to get a court order.   Warrants aren't that big a deal to get.  In sensitive cases where lives are believed at stake, arrest or search warrants can be issued in a matter of hours.   Just like there are advocates of kooky foreign policy (like state-sanctioned torture or suspension of trial-by-jury rights) over the hypothetical "mushroom cloud" scenario, people unfortunately invent a kooky scenario custom-made for searching without a warrant too.  Some people seem bound and determined to erode our liberty in this country; Osama bin Laden's toadies though they unwittingly are.

#13    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Keep these posts up Yamato, they are extremely informative.

#14    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,978 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

The Patriot Act doesn't bother me, but this stuff is BS.  It pisses me to no end.  His rights were violated.  It's on camera.  That is so blatantly obvious.  I think that this Miss Wolfe should get reminders of that clip on a daily basis until she resigns.  Buy ads on billboards in her neighborhood.  These civil servants need to understand that there are consequences to violating the Constitution.  That's the only way this is going to stop.

What would have happened if she got hurt traipsing around the guy's yard?

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato
"%&* YOU and your empty suited insults about "racism" you Islamophobic Zionist freak." - Yamato

#15    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

The Patriot Act doesn't bother me, but this stuff is BS.  It pisses me to no end.  His rights were violated.  It's on camera.  That is so blatantly obvious.  I think that this Miss Wolfe should get reminders of that clip on a daily basis until she resigns.  Buy ads on billboards in her neighborhood.  These civil servants need to understand that there are consequences to violating the Constitution.  That's the only way this is going to stop.

Theres more then one way :gun:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users