Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 3 votes

Guns are part of the American identity

• Please log in to reply
348 replies to this topic

#331    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,419 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 01 January 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

How would you call the fact that 85% of those guns smuggled across the border are made in the USA? I call it lack of control.
I call it:
Fast and Furious

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#332    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,071 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

View PostYamato, on 31 December 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

How is repealing our right to bear arms not banning our right to bear arms?

It removes the constitutional argument. Arms can still be allowed and controlled.

What Constitutional Amendment or Act of Congress banned smoking in those places that I wasn't aware of?

The laws banning smoking are state and local. I'll allow that maybe you live in the wilderness.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#333    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,323 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

View Postninjadude, on 01 January 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:

It removes the constitutional argument. Arms can still be allowed and controlled.

The laws banning smoking are state and local. I'll allow that maybe you live in the wilderness.
As should gun laws be, state and local.  Your goons in DC have no clue how to pay their bills let alone how to use their guns properly.   My guns are infinitely more responsibly kept than theirs are, it is I who should be controlling them, and the Founders agreed.   Again, there is a process for amending the Constitution.   Good luck.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#334    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 01 January 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

How would you call the fact that 85% of those guns smuggled across the border are made in the USA? I call it lack of control.

I would too, that's why we need proper gun control not what people are trying to push. The ban on assault weapons and the regulations they are trying to pass are pointless because the people it needs to effect wouldn't be touched. You need to put the proper thing in the proper place.

85% of the guns are smuggled maybe a better priority would be to police our borders better no? (following the proper thing in the proper place of course because well they are doing that already but botched another amendment up while trying)

Edited by Jinxdom, 02 January 2013 - 03:12 AM.

#335    joc

joc

• 14,419 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

View PostJinxdom, on 02 January 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

I would too, that's why we need proper gun control not what people are trying to push. The ban on assault weapons and the regulations they are trying to pass are pointless because the people it needs to effect wouldn't be touched. You need to put the proper thing in the proper place.

85% of the guns are smuggled maybe a better priority would be to police our borders better no? (following the proper thing in the proper place of course because well they are doing that already but botched another amendment up while trying)
One solution rather than controlling who has guns is to control those who use them in crimes....control = Hang by the neck till you're dead, outside of the court house three days after you are convicted.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#336    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

View Postjoc, on 02 January 2013 - 04:36 AM, said:

One solution rather than controlling who has guns is to control those who use them in crimes....control = Hang by the neck till you're dead, outside of the court house three days after you are convicted.

That would be nice but not all that realistic since the people who that should happen to the police really aren't prepped to go get them at this point in time and that would cause a more crime to get bumped up to include murders since getting caught would be a pretty good way to die(Although it wouldn't do to much for heat of the moment crimes since outcome doesn't matter). In the case of illegal guns coming in to through the border stopping that would not target the people who should still have their right to own a gun, just make it harder for the people who lost the right already.(Which is what most people want) If the need for them to have a gun happens to protect our country or liberty well then at that time they could since the actual regulations/laws wouldn't mean jack at that time and guns wouldn't be outright banned in the country. Slowing the illegal guns down first would make what you want easier in the long run with less kickback.

Criminals have less guns, good people do not get their rights violated, Police have an easier time dealing with criminals since they are less likely to be heavily armed(after a while that is nothing happens over night) .

#337    joc

joc

• 14,419 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

The problem isn't with guns, it is with an unethical and immoral populace.   That didn't happen over night either.  It happened because decades ago we started coddling criminals.   We need to start hanging our murderers in front of the courthouse...not fifteen years after the fact, that is insane...three days after you, I and ten other people said they were guilty.  That sends a message to the populace and little Johnny and little Suzy grow up seeing people swinging from a rope...something they will think about when the seed of carnage first enters their brain.   Consider that, as wild as the wild, wild west was, you didn't really have to worry about someone stealing your horse outside the saloon...it was understood by all what those consequenses would be.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#338    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

So what if guns are smuggled. Its not new. AKA Iran-Contra

#339    joc

joc

• 14,419 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 02 January 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

So what if guns are smuggled. Its not new. AKA Iran-Contra
Guns being smuggled to Mexico are not for fighting anyone...they go straight to the drug cartels.  That's it.  Another topic but...Drones need to be employed on the border.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#340    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,335 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

View Postjoc, on 02 January 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Guns being smuggled to Mexico are not for fighting anyone...they go straight to the drug cartels.  That's it.  Another topic but...Drones need to be employed on the border.

and from them they come back to the Lincoln Heights gang in San Diego... so they can have another drive-by shooting.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#341    joc

joc

• 14,419 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 02 January 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

and from them they come back to the Lincoln Heights gang in San Diego... so they can have another drive-by shooting.
So...the answer then is to go to WAR with the drug cartels...annihate them...outlaw gangs and annhilate them in the US...destroy the poppy fields and coca farms all over the world and ask the world...any questions?  And then tell them to go stuff it!

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#342    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,335 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

View Postjoc, on 02 January 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

So...the answer then is to go to WAR with the drug cartels...annihate them...outlaw gangs and annhilate them in the US...destroy the poppy fields and coca farms all over the world and ask the world...any questions?  And then tell them to go stuff it!

The answer is: no more guns exports to Mexico unless they can control the stuff.

The war against the drug cartels has failed and is a waste of money. Invading Mexico to get at somebody, as proven by the Pershing expedition to catch Pancho Villa, leads nowhere. The cartels are still singing the the song about "Our Mexico on the 23d of February". And if you know Spanish it is not the kind of song we want to hear.

Edited by questionmark, 02 January 2013 - 02:42 PM.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#343    joc

joc

• 14,419 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 02 January 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

The answer is: no more guns exports to Mexico unless they can control the stuff.

The war against the drug cartels has failed and is a waste of money. Invading Mexico to get at somebody, as proven by the Pershing expedition to catch Pancho Villa, leads nowhere. The cartels are still singing the the song about "Our Mexico on the 23d of February". And if you know Spanish it is not the kind of song we want to hear.
We never had a war against the drug cartels (and we never will) We had a War on Drugs...which is about as ambiguish as it gets.  A real war on drug cartels would mean waging war against the countries that coddle them or are owned by them..like Mexico.  Ain't gonna happen.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#344    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 6,970 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

a call b.s. on 85%
prove it.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#345    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

-- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

View Postjoc, on 02 January 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

That would be nice. I just rather we try to cut off their supplies first (actually at this point I'd settle for not giving the damn things in the first place) tactically that makes more sense. :)

View Postjoc, on 02 January 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

We never had a war against the drug cartels (and we never will) We had a War on Drugs...which is about as ambiguish as it gets.  A real war on drug cartels would mean waging war against the countries that coddle them or are owned by them..like Mexico.  Ain't gonna happen.

Seriously they need to lose their sovereignty and national identity but no they are protected by the same set of rules we are.
(Which is hilarious since that is the same exact problem we are having as a country, "Bad guys" being protected by the laws that are supposed to be for the "good guys")

If you cannot handle what you are given responsibly you should lose it... Which should go to everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users