Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

When will the world really end ?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31    Doctor manhattan

Doctor manhattan

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

• What progress we are making. In the Middle Ages they would have burned me. Now they are content with burning my books.
    -sigmund frued

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

View PostHobbit Feet, on 22 December 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

There's the end of the world and there's the end of humanity.  I'm sure the end of humanity will come first and can't be too far off.  The real question is when will there be an end to cockroaches?
actually thats just a myth that cockroaches can survive a nuke and the radioactive fallout.

#32    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,273 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

View Postjudyrad, on 23 December 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

We shouldn't be worrying about the end of the world. What we should be worrying about is space exploration and being able to move faster than the speed of light so we can get off this rock before the lights go out!
There is a great thread about the astronauts in space......we, the little people would never be able to cope out there, we panic when someone mentions the words "end of the world" can you imagine the panic if there was proof that it was actually going to happen? They would never trust us to board one of the spaceships anyway, we can just about live side by side here, let alone on a spacecraft where I doubt there would be much room for religious divides.

#33    Kealiga

Kealiga

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

It is know the 23rd of December. I believe that they can't predict  stuff like this or an earthquake . You never know, it may happen in 200 years.

#34    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,166 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

I often wonder why people bring Jesus and the Bible into topics which have no bearing on religeon.The world will end a long time into the future regardless of whether Humans survive or not,but religeon has nothing to do with it.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#35    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

The World will definitely end on a day of the week with a 'y' in it

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#36    Lumpino

Lumpino

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

I think, the world will not end so quickly.  But, in a  (nobody knows when) time there may be a serious threats to Western civilization. Like Ice age or another climate changes. See you for example the Gulf streem .

#37    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,087 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

I do wonder what the 12-21-2012 end-of-the-world theorist have to say about this, since obviously it did not happen.

Is there anyone here who still believes it did?
Also, I did not notice any "cosmic-shift" in conciousness. Perhaps they can explain that failure as well.

#38    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

View Postpallidin, on 23 December 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

I do wonder what the 12-21-2012 end-of-the-world theorist have to say about this, since obviously it did not happen.

Is there anyone here who still believes it did?
Also, I did not notice any "cosmic-shift" in conciousness. Perhaps they can explain that failure as well.

Maybe you are the only survivor and you have a head injury and are dreaming the article and thread and everything else.  (insert Twilight Zone music here)  when you wake up you may find yourself alone but, be aware of the C.H.U.D.!  They come out at night!

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#39    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,166 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

Do all these sad people who believed that the world would end, start hunting about for the next prediction,or just go back to the normality of every day life,and hope their mates dont laugh their socks off.

#40    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,166 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 23 December 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

Maybe you are the only survivor and you have a head injury and are dreaming the article and thread and everything else.  (insert Twilight Zone music here)  when you wake up you may find yourself alone but, be aware of the C.H.U.D.!  They come out at night!
  Hiya Lava-Lady, please do me a favour and tell me when the world is ending (when its about to happen) as you will know before me as you are about 11 hrs ahead in your time zone, Best Wishes for Xmas and the New Year, gosh 2013 is that unlucky ?.

#41    Beard52

Beard52

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

It seems no one has thought about the brotherhood of the snake theory, and that of the NWO. Was a deal or treaty signed on this day that will bring forth the world bank, or the beginning of the worldwide governent? Life as we know it may ot end so abruptly this time around as the so called meteor shower that wiped out the dinosaurs

#42    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:13 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 23 December 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

Hiya Lava-Lady, please do me a favour and tell me when the world is ending (when its about to happen) as you will know before me as you are about 11 hrs ahead in your time zone, Best Wishes for Xmas and the New Year, gosh 2013 is that unlucky ?.

Well, I will try... But, I have a feeling if it were really happening I won't be anywhere near a computer...Hehe.  But you would know because all the doomsayers would be running around telling, "I tools you stop!"

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#43    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:59 AM

View PostSaru, on 22 December 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

There was no apocalypse on December 21st 2012, so when can we really expect to see the end of days ?

Simple, you can't.

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#44    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 24 December 2012 - 04:13 AM, said:

Well, I will try... But, I have a feeling if it were really happening I won't be anywhere near a computer...Hehe.  But you would know because all the doomsayers would be running around telling, "I tools you stop!"

Darn predictive text... I meant, doomsayers would be running around yelling, "I told you so!"

#45    Kealiga

Kealiga

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

Is it as everybody wants the world to end? Well they simply can't predict it. It may never end. In future (far future) they might have this technology to tell them when the world will end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users