Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Antidote to the End of the World

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16    C235

C235

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

If was God I would have end the world exactly because of israeil's actions.

#17    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,980 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 22 December 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

Mayan prediction failed..........................

it did not fail! it was never predicted in the first place.

The thread per se is not about the Mayan whatever, but about the general fever that the world was to end on the 21 of December 2012.

#18    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,980 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 22 December 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

the antidote to the end of the world?
a teaspoon and and open mind!

Well, at least I the Biblical quotations for the antidote. What did the believers in the Mayan quotation had to offer speculations?

Ben

#19    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,980 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

View PostJinxdom, on 23 December 2012 - 04:35 AM, said:

Ok got it so if the world ends it's going to be Israels fault... wait is that what you were trying to say?

Right. If the world ends, you can blame the Jews, who probably won't be in existence to be blamed for.

Ben

#20    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,980 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 23 December 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

Mayans had a completely different mythology to that of Judaism and Christianity.

I would like you could share with me what you know about the "mythology" of Judaism. Wanna give it a try?

Ben

#21    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,980 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 23 December 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

Every year we start our calendar again, this does not mean the world ends only the year.

Mankind will probably fall one day,  but sooner or much latter is anyone's guess.

Not as long as there is a Minyan of ten Jews in the world, according to the Biblical quotations in the thread.

Ben

#22    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,980 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

View PostC235, on 25 December 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

If was God I would have end the world exactly because of israeil's actions.

The actions of Israel are rather for the preservation of the world. Jesus himself understood it so. (John 4:22)

Ben

#23    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,166 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

View PostBen Masada, on 28 December 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

I would like you could share with me what you know about the "mythology" of Judaism. Wanna give it a try?
How about the creation myth, and the flood myth from the Tanakh. I'm willing to bet it isn't Mayan, am I close?

Edited by Rlyeh, 29 December 2012 - 09:12 AM.

#24    Lion of Judah

Lion of Judah

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

I think the antidote is the rapture of Jews from the end cause the Omega Demons has dominion and power and will probably destroy our world
The second coming a new Heaven and Earth He mayans were right the cycle has been activated Nasas proved there will be eclipses into 2014

Posted Image
I'm a lover fighter wonderer and champion of darkness

#25    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,166 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostLion of Judah, on 03 January 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

I think the antidote is the rapture of Jews from the end cause the Omega Demons has dominion and power and will probably destroy our world
The second coming a new Heaven and Earth He mayans were right the cycle has been activated Nasas proved there will be eclipses into 2014
That was rather non sequitur.

#26    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,980 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 29 December 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

How about the creation myth, and the flood myth from the Tanakh. I'm willing to bet it isn't Mayan, am I close?

The Genesis account of Creation is not a myth but an allegory. What makes it a myth are people who are unable to understand metaphorical language. These are the members of the literal interpretation club. The same with the Flood. It could have been a local event that would have given to the people of the time the hyperpolical impression that the whole world was flooded. What did they know beyond the world of then? Besides, all different cultures had a flood to report about as part of their cultures. Obviously, the Israelites added one of their own. It could have been a different aspect of a "New Order" in Nature. If you are too busy into myths, how about the myth of the big bang? Carl Sagan refered to it as "our modern myth of the big bang." That's in "Cosmos" page 285.

Ben

Edited by Ben Masada, 04 January 2013 - 09:58 PM.

#27    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,980 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

View PostLion of Judah, on 03 January 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

Oh please, not again! Let the Mayan myth rest in peace. It won't happen. There are too many Jews on earth.

#28    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

The Anti-Monitor is antidote for all Earths.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#29    Liquid Gardens

Liquid Gardens

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

• "Or is it just remains of vibrations from echoes long ago"

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

View PostBen Masada, on 04 January 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

The Genesis account of Creation is not a myth but an allegory. What makes it a myth are people who are unable to understand metaphorical language.

I don't think the whole 'God created everything in 7 days' part of the Genesis creation is accurately called allegory.  Allegory usually is a symbolic representation of something else;  CS Lewis's Narnia stories are by many considered allegories of Christianity for example.  It's difficult to see Genesis as an allegory also since for the vast majority of Christian history, and I believe Jewish history, this was held by almost all of those believers to be literal.  I'm not sure what the Genesis Creation account is purported to be an allegory for exactly either.

"You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into"
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence" - C. Hitchens
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" - Richard Feynman

#30    eight bits

eight bits

• 6,260 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

I don't think the whole 'God created everything in 7 days' part of the Genesis creation is accurately called allegory.

Don't worry about it, LG. Ben and coherent descriptions of written literature are strangers. Look at the baloney he fed Riyeh just a few posts up above,

If you are too busy into myths, how about the myth of the big bang? Carl Sagan refered to it as "our modern myth of the big bang." That's in "Cosmos" page 285.

We did a whole thread here a few months ago on Ben's phoney Sagan smear. That thread finally closed, after one poster and then another and then another ... tried to straighten Ben out about Sagan.

http://www.unexplain...85#entry4275804

But, here it comes again. Hey, Ben has lots of forums to service, and only so much copypasta, so sometimes he needs to keep serving slop that's already been debunked. I guess it can't be helped.

Don't take it personally. He did the same thing the other day in a nearby thread with Silver Thong. There's a fictional quote from Anatole France Ben habitually passes off as a historical quote from Pontius Pilate. He'd been called out on that here, too.

Didn't matter. Doesn't matter. Ben's not here for conversation. It's just another stop on his route.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users