Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

why do people still believe in big foot

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#151    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,788 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 30 December 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

Compared to anything that lives in the woods and has to avoid becoming food for something else. Deer, we see them at a distance, but get too close and they're gone.
slow witted is not the same as unfamiliar. i think those who live in the forested areas have a good grasp on what it takes to survive there.
deer here don't take off when approached, so therefore that isn't a steadfast rule. no they aren't tame, they're just used to living on the fringe.
i could show you pics (i have actually posted them here i think) of a four point buck that hung around with me in my back yard for over two hours one morning.

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#152    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

View PostJGirl, on 30 December 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

slow witted is not the same as unfamiliar. i think those who live in the forested areas have a good grasp on what it takes to survive there.
deer here don't take off when approached, so therefore that isn't a steadfast rule. no they aren't tame, they're just used to living on the fringe.
i could show you pics (i have actually posted them here i think) of a four point buck that hung around with me in my back yard for over two hours one morning.

View PostJGirl, on 30 December 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

That's probably because you haven't shot a couple of them. When I live in Virginia my ex wouldn't let me hunt near my home because she would have coffee with the deer every morning. She had them named and considered them to be pets. They came around and grazed in the front yard because they didn't perceive her as a threat to them. However, if I came out they would make their way back into the woods.

#153    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,823 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 30 December 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

Personally, I like Nugent but his idea of stealth is sitting in a blind waiting for the deer to walk out into the clear cut, usually on a fenced in "hunting preserve".

He has hunted numerous places, and is highly respected by many hunters, especially bow hunters. I have seen him hunt out in the wild, not on reserves. Actually, never have seen him sit in a reserve that is fenced in. Not saying he has not, that I am not sure of. He has skills, especially tracking, and stealth, and shooting.

I hope he does not hunt on preserves, those should be illegal.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#154    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,788 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 30 December 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

That's probably because you haven't shot a couple of them. When I live in Virginia my ex wouldn't let me hunt near my home because she would have coffee with the deer every morning. She had them named and considered them to be pets. They came around and grazed in the front yard because they didn't perceive her as a threat to them. However, if I came out they would make their way back into the woods.
no this is not the same situation at all
i do not coffee with these animals. no one feeds them around here either. they come for the fruit on the trees(as well as eating all the heads off my tulips the b*******)
they are as wild as any other. and yes people hunt here. it's just that our city has infringed on the forested areas they live. they have just adapted is all.

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#155    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,788 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

what point am i missing again?

#156    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Point? What point was that?

:w00t: :w00t:

#157    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

Wow I thought this topic was about big foot but it never ceases to amaze me how easy you can get side tracked on these topics. :yes:

#158    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,122 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostCRIPTIC CHAMELEON, on 30 December 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

Wow I thought this topic was about big foot but it never ceases to amaze me how easy you can get side tracked on these topics. :yes:
Welcome to the forums, you must be a newbie. Getting sidetracked is an inherent trait of all publicly discussed topics. Just an observation, don't ask me for links to back it up....  :lol:

Posted Image

#159    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,325 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Two things not to do that I see being done:

2b. Illegal material: Do not post or link to material that is violative of any law or that describes or advocates illegal activities such as taking, growing, buying or selling drugs

3e. Flamebaiting: Do not taunt or bait another member in to an argument

It would be a really, really good idea if keninsc and Sakari were to leave one another alone...completely alone. Do not respond to or quote one another...actually ignore one another.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#160    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,823 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

View PostStardrive, on 30 December 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

Welcome to the forums, you must be a newbie. Getting sidetracked is an inherent trait of all publicly discussed topics. Just an observation, don't ask me for links to back it up....  :lol:

:nw:

Good one :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#161    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,788 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

:blush: sorry
forgot where i was

#162    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

A little back on topic, lol, but humans are not "slow-witted" in the woods. Our noses are to some extent our hearing is not as good as other species, but (if one is familiar with the woods and spends a lot of time out it them), we can compensate for those with great sight and above all else, reason. And if Sasquatches are but humans who went "wild" due to one genetic disorder or another, they would be just as smart and just as sly/creative as any other human out there. Heck, I remember as a kid, my friends and I would play in the wooded ravine behind our school. It was dense brush and tree in there, and steep terrain, and when one of us didn't want to be found/seen, it was as tough as hell trying to find them. So, while most modern humans are "slow witted" in the woods, not all modern humans are. Cheers.

#163    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostJGirl, on 30 December 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

:blush: sorry
forgot where i was

Yeah, me too.......but it was fun, that is until Mom showed up with the big switch.

:innocent:

#164    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 30 December 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

A little back on topic, lol, but humans are not "slow-witted" in the woods. Our noses are to some extent our hearing is not as good as other species, but (if one is familiar with the woods and spends a lot of time out it them), we can compensate for those with great sight and above all else, reason. And if Sasquatches are but humans who went "wild" due to one genetic disorder or another, they would be just as smart and just as sly/creative as any other human out there. Heck, I remember as a kid, my friends and I would play in the wooded ravine behind our school. It was dense brush and tree in there, and steep terrain, and when one of us didn't want to be found/seen, it was as tough as hell trying to find them. So, while most modern humans are "slow witted" in the woods, not all modern humans are. Cheers.

Yeah, but our senses are nowhere near those of animals, hearing, eyesight and just plain wariness are all heightened in them far beyond ours. I can't and never could run as fast as a deer, I can't smell like a dog, I can't see like a hawk and I'm no where near as strong as a cougar......the four legged kind, not the older human females that prey upon the virtue of younger men.....but God bless them every one. But I digress.

Animals usually can sense us long before we ever get a chance to see them which is why we have to use stalking and ambush techniques to harvest them when we hunt.

#165    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

Yeah, but our senses are nowhere near those of animals, hearing, eyesight and just plain wariness are all heightened in them far beyond ours. I can't and never could run as fast as a deer, I can't smell like a dog, I can't see like a hawk and I'm no where near as strong as a cougar......the four legged kind, not the older human females that prey upon the virtue of younger men.....but God bless them every one. But I digress.

teehee

Animals usually can sense us long before we ever get a chance to see them which is why we have to use stalking and ambush techniques to harvest them when we hunt.

But that being said, using what we do have and our intelligence, I've stalked close enough to touch a deer on several occasions. you just have to go slow and quietly, from downwind, and don't ever look at it. :yes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users